“Excellent hotel, large comfortable room”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Aurora, IL, USA
“Excellent hotel, large comfortable room”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Driving across country recently we stayed one night at this hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient. Gave us a list of local restaurants. There is a good-looking restaurant next door (walking distance) but we wanted something right on Lake Erie. Hoak's right on the Lake is less than 10 minutes' drive away and was a fun roadhouse right at the water's edge where we had a really good dinner and watched the sun set over Lake Erie, with the Buffalo skyline and Canadian shoreline seen in the distance. Our two-bedded room was very large and nicely furnished, and the lobby/breakfast area was nice. Definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This holiday inn express is probably my favorite one I have stayed in. The rooms are clean, the service was great, bed was comfortable, breakfast lineup was ideal, swimming pool was nice, and the bathroom seem like something you would get at a 5 star hotel. The only thing I could find wrong is not having a bench in the fitness room to lift weights on. That is getting really picky. I would

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here in August, 2012 after a Bills game. Decided to stay here due to relatively close drive to Ralph Wilson Stadium (a quick 10 minute drive - probably a bit longer during the regular season!) as well as the fact that it's adjacent to the I-90.

The trees (woodlot) surrounding the property gave it a very awesome feel (and nice view!).

As for the stay, Krista-Lyn (attendant) was most helpful when we checked in....I remember her name as my wife's name is similar.

The room was great, and the breakfast was one of the best too (automatic pancake maker? Nice!).

Lastly, big props to this hotel as I actually made the mistake of leaving my cell phone in the room (didn't realize until later in the day). They made the prompt arrangements to get it returned to me via FedEx - and it was well-packaged when they sent it. Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms on the "wooded side" may give you a nicer view during the spring/summer/fall.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My son called me at 930pm. He'd been driving on 2 hours of sleep for about a day and a half. He said dad... "I need a place to sleep". I searched the area where he was and found this hotel. I called the front desk with my credit card in hand. I spoke with the young lady at the desk and she explained "third party billing". I had to sign a form and get them a copy of my credit card. She was very thorough in explaining what I had to do. She emailed me the forms, and I was able to sign it, scan it and my credit card back to the computer, and then emailed it back to them. I am very happy with this experience and I wasn't even there. My son called me at 10pm and thanked me for getting him such a fancy room. I wasn't there, but it sounds like it was a nice place. My son said the breakfast was awesome too. My thank you to the HI team for taking care of him.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed in this HIE one night on a road trip, looking for a place south of Buffalo. It had all that we needed: a spacious room, which was quiet and clean, a nice breakfast in the morning, and a courteous staff on our arrival / departure. The area offers some good options nearby for dining, as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 August 2012

After traveling for the day from Massachusetts, my two young children and I stayed the night in this hotel just past Buffalo. The location was perfect and easy to find. The front desk clerk was very helpful when we checked in, and the hotel was very clean. Our room was also very clean and comfortable and the hotel was quiet during our stay. I was pleased that there were some food options within walking distance and places that would deliver directly to your room. It was a pleasure to not need to actually go out with the kids by myself after they were stuck in the car all day. We were also very pleased with breakfast the next morning and how quickly the staff attended to any of our needs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2012

On our 6000 mile trek from Texas to Maine, we stopped here for the night. The hotel is located off the highway, easy access but far enough into the woods that it is very quiet. We were updated on our room and the whole staff was so friendly and ready to help us at any time. The view from our room was of the woods, gorgeous! The hotel is 3 years old but looks and feels brand new! We loved our stay here. Great bedding, breakfast.

We walked the 3 blocks or so to the Waterstone Grill and had a terrific meal and as luck would have it, it was $10 off a bottle of wine night. Great food and wine and a nice leisurely walk back to the hotel. We took a nice swim in the indoor pool which was wonderful. I wish all our hotel stays were this wonderful!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SoTX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Hamburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
Staybridge Suites Buffalo/West Seneca

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg? Share your experiences!