“Very friendly staff nice quiet nights.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg

Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hamburg
Mastic Beach, New York
“Very friendly staff nice quiet nights.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel is I a great location 10 minutes from the bill stadium 20 minutes from downtown Buffalo and 45 minutes from Niagara Falls.The breakfast was good the selection was enough to start your day.Plenty of parking . close to I-90.Rooms are very quiet nice spacious bathrooms and we'll clean.
will recommend this hotel as a night stop or a few days if desire.Nice swimming pool.
Will come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nmg21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Pros: Incredibly spacious room, cleanliness, complimentary breakfast.
Cons: A bit pricey for the area, can hear some highway traffic, mattress sank in the middle (decisive factor that made my rating went from 'very good' to 'average').

Bottom line: Quite ideal for passing through - everything is slightly above average. I'd check the mattress and room quietness upon check-in if these issues are important for you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MangoSorbetYummy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear MangoSorbetYummy,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff but housekeeping decided to vacuum at 8:15am. Nice overall experience. I would recommend it but it's a bit overpriced. I suggest staying closer to the city of buffalo. When I told the front desk housekeeping vacuumed at 8:15 she said nothing.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Kevin D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the morning housekeeping prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

VERY nice hotel. Very clean, newish and modern.

Death-quiet at night-- a major plus!

Stayed on top floor, facing the woods.

I would stay here again if I was in the area!

Choose an upper floor like we did--we saw deer in the woods early the next morning.

There are places to eat nearby, and more stuff in town, down the road.

A fun thing to do, is to watch the sun set on Lake Erie, about five minutes away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
St. Clair Shores, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was just in the Buffalo area the weekend of Oct 4th and 5th and we stayed here both nights. I used some travel points for night 1 and we paid $150 (incl taxes) for night 2. If it weren't for a "free" night I would have opted for something cheaper in the same area; $132+tax seems a bit pricey for the area. Given that kind of nightly rate they should buy some thicker bacon to serve at breakfast. Ha.

The place looks like they just built it. The lobby, the hallways, elevators, stairways, everything was spotless and impeccably clean. The hotel has a nice pool and a small workout room to unwind. I didn't use these but they looked clean too.

The King bed Suite was great. The bed was SO DAMN comfortable, the sheets nice and clean, the towels were somewhat soft and clean too.

There's a nice restaurant up the street by the main road to dine at. The dinners we had were fantastic. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was awesome. The nicest lady who worked there was welcoming everyone as they walked in ... nice touch. They have the coolest pancake machine (see picture). Sometimes it's the simpler things in life that make all the difference.

I would recommend this place and rate it a 5/5. Enjoy. The hotel is right off I90 ... works well when traveling.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dave B
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were in Buffalo (Orchard Park, to be precise) for a Bills game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. It is a very short drive from the stadium with no traffic.

We checked in after the game, and were greeted warmly at the desk. Check in was quick and painless, and we were soon on the way to our room.

We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, it was like a small apartment!

The only complaint I had with our stay was that there were children running up and down the halls. Thankfully it was only at 8 or 9pm, and after that there was no more running. Aside from the kids, the hotel itself was very quiet.

The bed was also extremely comfortable, which made it hard to get out of in the morning!

If you want to go to a Bills game, or visit that area, and are looking for a place to stay - look no further. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave L
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I really liked this place. It was fairly new and clean. The rooms were very attractive, the bedding was fabulous--especially the pillows (and you can purchase the pillows online). The breakfast was much more than I thought it would be (included). They actually had hot foods--scrambled eggs, bacon, the next morning omelets and sausage. Pancakes, their cinnamon buns and then the usual other fill in breakfast foods. Nice job. The location was very convenient for me--I was in an art show a few miles away. Parking was good--plenty of it and it was set back at the end of a road. Also nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor--no walking on my head!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Catnip2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Quality Inn
#3 of 7 in Hamburg
Hampton Inn Buffalo South/I-90
BEST WESTERN PLUS the Inn of Lackawanna

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Hamburg? Share your experiences!