“College Tour with my daughter - Colgate - Don't hesitate to stay here!”
Review of Home Suite Home

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hamilton
Home Suite Home
Ranked #5 of 6 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“College Tour with my daughter - Colgate - Don't hesitate to stay here!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Hamilton was one stop on our week-long spring break tour of colleges in the northeast - 6 schools in 5 days. I basically pulled this place out of Tripadvisor. Unable to find pricing anywhere online, even on their entry on the hamiltonny.com website. So I ended up emailing the owner (Paula) less than 2 weeks before our planned mid-week arrival. The price quoted was acceptable and I just needed to finish making our arrangements. She does not accept credit cards -- cash or check only. So I mailed her a check for a deposit in the amount of 1/2 of one night's price. She emailed me back a few days later that the payment was received. (Mailed from California. Happy that it was acknowledged so soon, just before our departure for the east coast.) We knew we would be arriving in Hamilton ~9PM. I called around 1/2 hour before our arrival and Paula was there to meet us.

Our room (in her location on Pleasant St -- she has 2 locations) was on the 2nd floor. No elevator, no biggie for us. It was the "Matisse" room, if I remember correctly. As others have mentioned, it was well appointed without being fussy. I would like her to decorate my home! We chose a room without a private bath. There was a sink in our room, with the beautiful modern and clean bathroom across the hall. No one else was staying on the 2nd floor. So we had everything to ourselves. As others have mentioned, there is a fully appointed kitchen and dining area. The fridge and cupboards were stocked with fresh items and we prepared our own breakfast in the AM. There were eggs, milk, cheese, cereal, bread for toast and/or sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruit. I'm sure you could shop and make other meals over a few day period, if desired. Although there was a basic selection of spices, we could have used some cinnamon.

We were pleased with the value offered for the price and the service was wonderful. We would happily stay again and recommend without any reservations.

Room Tip: Some rooms have en suite bath, while others share a bath. If you come during a time that's not b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I couldn't recommend Paula's little getaway more highly. It is perfectly situated right near the center of town and is perfect for up to two couples, or a few friends just looking for a convenient place to stay in Hamilton.
The suite is beautifully kept with most of the basic amenities that you need (cable tv, wifi, and AC) and it has a full kitchen that allows you to have breakfast, host cocktails or even prepare a full dinner.
Right down the street fro the Old Stone Jug.... it doesn't get much better than this. All in all it was just perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Metropolis View, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here at least four times this past year and it was always spotless and so comfortable. You really can't beat the location and the price is the best for an in town stay! We got all three rooms for graduation and had two "parties" there - a dinner before the torchlight ceremony and a lunch after graduation. We didn't have to fight crowds and had the whole dining room and kitchen and sitting area to host. It was the BEST! Paula is always super helpful and accommodating our dietary wants and needs. I love that you are on your own to fix breakfast just the way you want and have plenty of fresh choices. We have cooked other meals there also since there is a full-service kitchen. You have a ton of privacy but Paula comes to clean and prepare beds just enough. It's was perfect! Too bad that our daughter graduated. I will miss Paula and this place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy G
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 25 April 2013

enjoyed my stay at this bed and breakfast last month! very clean and homely! if i would visit again i would definitely stay here. Paula (the host) is great!! always there to help...i locked myself twice and each time i called her, she was there to open the door for me...on time

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We have stayed twice at the Dali Suite which is a two bedroom apartment near Colgate. It is a wonderful place to stay. Breakfast items are in the apartment for you to make whenever you are hungry. There is a second bedroom (2 twin beds) which is great for families. We love that there is a living room/dining room area for us to spread out in and relax. We will stay here many more times. Thanks Paula for the great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
ct
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is our third year staying here for Antiques Week. We stay at the apt. This is truely ourhome away from home for one week. We have everything we need even our dog. Thank you to Paul's and her husband for being so understanding of travelers with pets . Very important to us. Very clean accommodation with comfortable furnishings. Tastefully decorated.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 17 April 2012

As another reviewer said, "Great location. Great Value". I have not stayed at the 2 suite apartment/house, but my daughter has and she says it's great. I have stayed, numerous times at the B & B location and have loved it. It is quiet, right in town and has a full kitchen, a dining room and a small sitting area. Paula always let me just fend for myself which was awesome for me. And because she lives away from the property the kitchen is always available so I was also able to cook dinner there, if I wanted.

Pillows are a bit hard, but I usually travel with a small travel pillow anyway.

I love the ambiance of the place...nicely appointed, but not at all fussy, and very clean. I've always really enjoyed staying there. Great bang for the buck!

Room Tip: The Dali room has it's own bathroom, the other two rooms share a bath in the hall, but have a si...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank OlgaSeattle_WA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
#4 of 7 in Cazenovia
Brae Loch Inn
Brae Loch Inn
#1 of 7 in Cazenovia

Been to Home Suite Home? Share your experiences!