“AMAZING B&B!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hamilton B&B and Inns
VT
“AMAZING B&B!!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Patricia’s B&B is amazingly wonderful!!! The restored Victorian home is beautiful with woodwork and pictures representing the era of the home. The rooms are spotlessly clean with very soft sheets and towels. The home (and I call it a home) is cozy and comfortable for travelers and tastefully decorated with a homey feel. Our rooms were perfect and we all slept well during our visit. Patricia greets all the guests with the warmth of a family member. As a business traveler we have different expectations from vacation travelers; however our expectations were meet above and beyond expectations. The breakfast that Patricia presents is a 5 star all the way!! She is gracious and a wonderful B&B owner! If I return to the area and am within an hour I will most definitely stay with Patricia! Thank you for your wonderful B&B!!

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. You cannot make a bad selection!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We came here and it was awesome. The rooms were so cool. They consisted of a zen fireplace. The fireplace had a flame that was surrounded by rocks. It didn't look like it gave off heat, but it did. The fireplace was too cool. Also the shower there was so cool. They had 3 different heads that were amazing. I stood in that shower for half an hour and it felt like a massage. The hallway also had a Keurig coffee machine. They also had hot chocolate and you just stick the cup in and close the top and it makes it for you. It was awesome. Also, when i woke up in the morning, I woke up to the smell of belgium waffles. I went down and had some and they were amazing. Pat, the owner, was so nice. The hospitality was awesome too. Also the house looked so nice. It was amazing.

Room Tip: Choose the one with the fireplace. It is so cool.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Parents visiting Colgate students don't have many too many choices, but Patricia's is a particularly good one. The beds are remarkably comfortable, as is just about everything else. It's just risen to the top of my list.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Chittenango NY
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I had the chance to get away for the weekend, as our daughter was with her grandparents. We took the opportunity to go to Hamilton for a paired beer dinner at a local inn, and chose to spend the night at one of the B&B's in town. Patricia's is well appointed, very clean and super romantic.
We stayed in suite Erik and it featured a king sized bed, fireplace and a very nice bathroom and shower. It is easily one of the nicest B&B's we have stayed in, and it really is more like an inn than a B&B. All of the little things were thought of, and the owners did a great job of making us feel at home.
The full breakfast in the morning is delicious and I especially enjoyed the variety from ham and eggs to a beautiful bowl of fresh fruit. I would never hesitate to recommend this place to any traveler coming into Hamilton.
The B&B is within easy walking distance of everything downtown, especially the restaurants and other inns. In the summer a farmer's market is available on Saturdays on the village green.

Room Tip: Suite Erik has a great fireplace and a very nice bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimwalter23
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I had a rare evening to ourselves and had the opportunity to spend a night at Patricia's Guest House. From the moment we pulled in the driveway, I knew we were someplace special. Having stayed in a handful of B&B's, I've learned that each one has its own charms. Patricia's is more modern than most, and she doesn't miss a detail when it comes to the decor. The bedding was luxurious, the shower was amazing (complete with extra large fluffy towels!) and the fireplace made our room so cozy on a cold, winter's night. We loved the extra touches like the Keurig and biscotti in the hallway, too! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorrellw
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This place gets ten stars in my book. Unlike any B&B I've ever stayed in. Patricia's takes into account every need possible. The place is beautifully decorated with the finest of everything. Fireplace in the sitting room to languish by, read a book, or listen to all genres of music saved in her Ipod speaker system. The seating arrangement is perfect for visiting with friends, A second sitting room is available to watch flat screen tv with digital cable. Our bedroom also had a fireplace, flat screen tv with cable, wireless Internet, heated bathroom floors and an incredible bathroom with a large shower and the best shower panel for a great showering experience.

Patricia handles her business perfectly. She was a great help when we asked for advice, but allowed us privacy in the sitting rooms to enjoy without feeling like we were in someone else's house. She explained that the sitting and dining rooms were for her guests to enjoy. She had plenty of living quarters on the third floor.

Finally, the breakfast was incredible. She offered something for everyone and also something a little different and special each day. She works with her guests to determine the best time to serve it and is very flexible. We loved this place and can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristen H
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I am a huge fan of Bed and Breakfasts due to the personal service and unique styles of all the home owners! My wife and I had travelled during the Christmas holiday to visit a few friends at Colgate University and Syracuse. We opted to stay at Patricia’s Guest House due to the wonderful reviews from Trip Advisor!! We were both surprised by the quality of the rooms, amenities and “over the top” hospitality by Patricia.
When we arrived it was 7 pm (check-in is from 3-6 pm) and we were greeted with a warm smile and big hug from Patricia. We called about 2 pm being stuck in Syracuse traffic and told her we would be late. We immediately felt like we knew her for 10 years. The home is an old Victorian filled with state of the art appliances, fixtures and beautiful paintings. The first thing we noticed was the place was SPOTLESS and completely updated. Our room had a comfortable remote controlled fire place, 25 inch flat panel tv and iPod hookups. (No other B&B's have that). After being stuck in traffic, stepping into the shower was an experience in itself. The water came at me from all angles due to the Vigo water system that was installed in our bathroom. Even the floor was warm due to the radiant heating (later learned) under the tile. I slept like a baby that night!!!
We woke up early to the smell of home cooked breakfast. Took another shower just because, and proceed downstairs for coffee. Patricia was there with the same warm smile in her apron, offering different breakfast options!! With organic eggs and local products, breakfast was delightful! I wish we had more time to sit at the outdoor fire place or on the porch; however we needed to get on the road!!
I would like to thank Patricia for her genuine hospitality and efforts in making an old house a classic masterpiece. Not sure when we will be back in the area, however I would recommend it highly to any traveler.
Sincerely, Peaches

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Pillow and Pantry B&B
Pillow and Pantry B&B
#1 of 2 in Sherburne

Been to Patricia's Guest House? Share your experiences!