“Everything was perfect”
Review of Colgate Inn

Colgate Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at the Colgate Inn. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The service was superb and the atmosphere was excellent. We will certainly suggest it to our friends and we will be back. We were only about 10 minutes away from the Madison-Bouckville Antique Show so the location was ideal. Colgate University is a short walk away. What a beautiful campus.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Colgate Inn

Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

I recently visited the Colgate Inn and stayed in a Queen size bedroom. The decor of the room and bathroom was clean and beautiful. This really is the only place to stay in Hamilton. The only reason I didn't award it 5 stars overall is because the walls were extremely thin and the bedroom and bathroom were tiny. I felt as I was vacationing with the people next to me since I heard their conversation and smelled their room service food. The Tavern was delicious and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying at the Inn for the four years our son attended Colgate University. Being part of the Men's Lacrosse family, we spent many weekends enjoying the amazing hospitality where many special events were hosted, friends gathered and cherished memories were made. Imagine our delight to return a few weekends ago and take in all the fabulous changes. What impressed us most was the modernization without losing the wonderful warmth and charm. The rooms are beautifully updated and appointed. The slightly extended footprint, makes the Tavern and adjoining dining rooms spacious yet still warm and inviting. The scrumptious breakfasts, lunch and dinners all feature locally produced ingredients - produce, fresh yoghurt, meat etc. We would be remiss not to mention those special persons who have made our stays a home away from home - Ben the proprietor, Peter the Director of Operations, Dennis the Hotel Manager, Kelly the best server ever and Glen the bartender. Each adds their personal touch that makes the Colgate Inn an experience worth repeating. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caryl M
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Recently renovated. Small clean rooms with rustic flavor. Hard to get reservations during Colgate functions so book as far ahead as you can.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Recently renovated, the Colgate Inn is absolutely and genuinely perfect in every detail. From the impeccably and tastefully appointed rooms to the professional and extremely personable staff - and did I mention that the Inn's restaurant, The Colgate Tavern, is outstanding? - I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Whether you're visiting Colgate University, or just visiting any of the surrounding area, The Colgate Inn gets my top, and only, vote!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I just recently stayed at the Colgate Inn in October of 2011 for a wedding weekend that was being held there. The Colgate Inn was surprisingly quaint since the renovations have been completed. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews here on Trip Advisor about how run down the place was but it has since completely been renovated and it is very nice.

Service:
The staff at the Colgate Inn was very pleasant. Everyone from the front desk staff to the waiters and waitresses, bartenders, maintenance, and housekeeping staff were all pleasant and did a great job when we were guests at the Inn.

Rooms:
What you have to remember is that even though the rooms have been renovated, this is still an “Inn.” We stayed at the Colgate Inn with a very large wedding party so I got to see a lot of the other rooms and it appeared the rooms were all different to a certain extent. The standard king size room was spacious enough for all of our belongings but did not have a chair or large desk in the room like most standard hotel rooms have. Also, the bathrooms were very small but extremely clean which is the most important thing. Each room also came with a flat screen tv and all toiletry products in the bathroom. The carpets were clean as well as the linens were all fresh and bed was comfortable. The décor was also updated and very nice. One downside was that besides the lamps on the bedside tables, there was not much light in the room so it can be a tad dark at night. But the rooms were very nice. One thing to be aware of is the prices you will be quoted on are for single occupancy and if you are staying with another adult or spouse, you will be charged an additional $10 a night.

Food:
We ate in the Colgate Inn “Tavern” which is located adjacent to the lobby and contains the bar area. The food on the tavern menu was excellent and had “0” complaints about the service and the food. Everything was fresh and the service was prompt. Also, the prices were very reasonable for eating onsite at an Inn.

Also, there is the “Rathskellar Restaurant” located downstairs underneath the inn. It is a unique setting and I believe has a separate menu. We ate downstairs in the Rathskellar for a private event in which the menu was already chosen… However, the food was very good for the event!

Location:
The Colgate Inn is located right in downtown Hamilton and very close to the Seven Oaks Golf Course, Colgate University, and the downtown shops of Hamilton. There is also onsite parking which is free for Colgate Inn Guests.

All in all, my experience at the Colgate Inn was pleasant and I would definitely recommend to friends and family and I would also return myself.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe Q
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This is a consistent hotel with warm clean rooms. Recently renovated with an old time charm. Restaurant is good but I would skip the breakfast there

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#3 of 3 in Vernon
Homewood Suites By Hilton New Hartford Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites Cazenovia

Been to Colgate Inn? Share your experiences!