“Nice, room a bit "frilly"”

Amity Rose Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammondsport
Amity Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 Hammondsport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2011

One night stay only, room was a bit warm (very hot out) and only AC window unit in the "sitting" room of Emma' suite. Room was covered in floral prints and knicknacks but very clean. Bed was comfortable. We did not get to enjoy breakfast as we have to leave very early and it did not appear a full breakfast was offered at 6:30 am.
I felt it was a little expensive for what you got and I do stay in B&B's in many areas.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at Amity Rose B&B for two nights on July 30 and 31 after visiting my Mother in law in the Buffalo area. We didn't know what to ezpect since it was our first time staying at one. We knew we would love it from the time we were greeted by the owner Ellen and her husband Buck.They made us feel so comfortable and welcoming. Our room was ready and took us to it. Very nice, clean, and a sitting area. After we came down she talked to us for a while and told us of a new Italian restaurant in town. We tried it and was very good, with large portions! The place also has live music down below. Ellen makes wonderfull breakfast !! That you don't want stay at NO hotel. We also meet a wonderfull couple from Ohio, and we exchanged numbers and addresses. From now on.......this is the only place we want to stay when we go upstate or the finger lakes:) They really go "all out" to make their guests happy and comfy! They have a wonderfull place well decorated.
Anyone should try the Amity Rose once, and you will go back! Definatelly TWO THUMBS UP!
R&D from VA

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sweetie97
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. Room was very very comfortable, the atmosphere was very cozy. Room was very clean, with all private bath, ours even had a jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was truly homecooked, and delicious. Different selections were available each morning and were hot and delicious. Perfect to start the day of winery touring and shopping. Your hosts, Buck and Ellen are your nana and pappa away from home.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ATeeisMe
Reviewed 24 July 2008

My husband's initial comment about the Amity Rose was that "this is someone's house". The Innskeepers and owners are one in the same and live in the home. They have over 20 years experience running a bed and breakfast and you could tell by all the little extras they do for their guests!

Hammondsport is a very small village with approximately 800 people living there. There is not a lot to do there besides lake activities and vineyards.

We stayed in Sweet Emma's Suite. The bed was comfortable along with the pillows and bedding. There is a sitting room attached to the bedroom. There is a very deep jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Ellen helped us choose a place to eat dinner. We ate on the water at the Waterfront and enjoyed the food there. We also enjoyed eating lunch at Bully Hill. She spoiled us with brownies, lemonade, and lemon/tea. Breakfasts were to die for. I never before had a poached pear, but Frank made us one for breakfast. It was delicious along with the belgian waffle.

We enjoyed conversing with Ellen and learning about the town of Hammondsport and her history running bed and breakfasts. We thoroughly enjoyed her company. She did not pester us, and was willing to sit down and chat when the time was right!

We loved this bed and breakfast and the couple running it!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jeffgoods
Reviewed 11 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Amity Rose for our anniversary in April 2007. We only were able to stay one night which I now wish could have been more. We had a cozy room with a private bath and super comfortable bed. Our hosts were more than accomidating offering a wonderful breakfast with super coffee. The house is very inviting and offers different sitting areas and porches to relax and watch tv or read. Ellen and Bucky were the most wonderful hosts of any B&B we've ever been to. Ellen reccomended the local tavern for dinner and offered to make our reservations for us. I would reccomend this B&B to anyone!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dands611
Reviewed 1 May 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Amity Rose for our first anniversary in June of 2005. What a fantastic place they have there! We were very impressed! It was a beautiful place and the food was UNBEATABLE!! It was soooo delicious! I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank waltinho
Reviewed 19 July 2004

My boyfriend & I stayed at the Amity Rose 2 years ago in September 2002. It's a great B&B where all rooms have private baths and Bucky cooks up a delicious breakfast. It's located on a main street that leads right into the center of Hammondsport.
We visited the following wineries: Dr. Frank's, Heron Hill, Bully Hill, McGregor, Pleasant Valley and some others. You can basically avoid all the reds, but check out the Reislings and Dr. Frank's Gewurztraminer b/c this area is known best for these wines.

16  Thank alfredo91480