“It was just ok”

Amity Rose Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammondsport
Amity Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Hammondsport B&B and Inns
Grove City, Pennsylvania
“It was just ok”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The hosts were very nice and hospitable. The home was very clean as well. The parts that were lacking were as follows: It was very hot in the house. We did have an air conditioner in the room but the rest of the house was almost uncomfortable. There was a basket of partially USED items in our bathroom in case we forgot something! I don't know about others but I dont want to use someone's used mouth wash! I asked for more Splenda and was handed a half used packet! There was no television in our bedroom, which was very small (Hannah's room). It was a lot like staying at Grandma's house but you had to pay. We have been very spoiled at B & B's in the past and perhaps our expectations are a bit higher than others"? It just lacked the comforts one tends to expect when staying at a B & B as opposed to a hotel. The breakfasts were mediocre. I read reviews that they were great so had high expectations on that as well. The apple french toast was fairly good on the 2nd day had it not been a bit soggy. The hash brown casserole was almost flavorless. I had to use way too much salt on and ended up not eating it and the muffins tasted as if they forgot to use sugar. Thet hosts were very helpful and nice to talk to though. It's all in what you like. Also got free high speed internet that didn't work in our room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 August 2011

One night stay only, room was a bit warm (very hot out) and only AC window unit in the "sitting" room of Emma' suite. Room was covered in floral prints and knicknacks but very clean. Bed was comfortable. We did not get to enjoy breakfast as we have to leave very early and it did not appear a full breakfast was offered at 6:30 am.
I felt it was a little expensive for what you got and I do stay in B&B's in many areas.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Gainesville,va
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at Amity Rose B&B for two nights on July 30 and 31 after visiting my Mother in law in the Buffalo area. We didn't know what to ezpect since it was our first time staying at one. We knew we would love it from the time we were greeted by the owner Ellen and her husband Buck.They made us feel so comfortable and welcoming. Our room was ready and took us to it. Very nice, clean, and a sitting area. After we came down she talked to us for a while and told us of a new Italian restaurant in town. We tried it and was very good, with large portions! The place also has live music down below. Ellen makes wonderfull breakfast !! That you don't want stay at NO hotel. We also meet a wonderfull couple from Ohio, and we exchanged numbers and addresses. From now on.......this is the only place we want to stay when we go upstate or the finger lakes:) They really go "all out" to make their guests happy and comfy! They have a wonderfull place well decorated.
Anyone should try the Amity Rose once, and you will go back! Definatelly TWO THUMBS UP!
R&D from VA

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sweetie97
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2010

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights. Room was very very comfortable, the atmosphere was very cozy. Room was very clean, with all private bath, ours even had a jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was truly homecooked, and delicious. Different selections were available each morning and were hot and delicious. Perfect to start the day of winery touring and shopping. Your hosts, Buck and Ellen are your nana and pappa away from home.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ATeeisMe
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 24 July 2008

My husband's initial comment about the Amity Rose was that "this is someone's house". The Innskeepers and owners are one in the same and live in the home. They have over 20 years experience running a bed and breakfast and you could tell by all the little extras they do for their guests!

Hammondsport is a very small village with approximately 800 people living there. There is not a lot to do there besides lake activities and vineyards.

We stayed in Sweet Emma's Suite. The bed was comfortable along with the pillows and bedding. There is a sitting room attached to the bedroom. There is a very deep jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Ellen helped us choose a place to eat dinner. We ate on the water at the Waterfront and enjoyed the food there. We also enjoyed eating lunch at Bully Hill. She spoiled us with brownies, lemonade, and lemon/tea. Breakfasts were to die for. I never before had a poached pear, but Frank made us one for breakfast. It was delicious along with the belgian waffle.

We enjoyed conversing with Ellen and learning about the town of Hammondsport and her history running bed and breakfasts. We thoroughly enjoyed her company. She did not pester us, and was willing to sit down and chat when the time was right!

We loved this bed and breakfast and the couple running it!

• Liked — The bedroom was comfortable and the house was well mantained
  • Disliked — Internet access didn't work in bedroom, but owners are working on getting it fixed
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jeffgoods
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Amity Rose for our anniversary in April 2007. We only were able to stay one night which I now wish could have been more. We had a cozy room with a private bath and super comfortable bed. Our hosts were more than accomidating offering a wonderful breakfast with super coffee. The house is very inviting and offers different sitting areas and porches to relax and watch tv or read. Ellen and Bucky were the most wonderful hosts of any B&B we've ever been to. Ellen reccomended the local tavern for dinner and offered to make our reservations for us. I would reccomend this B&B to anyone!!

• Liked — B&B hosts, located near wineries, very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dands611
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 1 May 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Amity Rose for our first anniversary in June of 2005. What a fantastic place they have there! We were very impressed! It was a beautiful place and the food was UNBEATABLE!! It was soooo delicious! I would definitely recommend it!

• Liked — Food!
  • Stayed June 2005
3 Thank waltinho
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammondsport
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#2 of 4 in Penn Yan
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region
No photo provided

Been to Amity Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!