“The Greenhouse Cafe' is now closed”
Review of Greenhouse Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greenhouse Cafe
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Greenhouse Cafe' has been closed now for two years. At this site is a new Italian restaurant is being built. it should be opened in July. I have been watching the transformation and I think it will be lovely. Rocked siding going in this week.

I am not sure of the name as of yet

Reviewed 7 March 2013

No darn good i did not like it do to i waitted awhile to get my food plus the waittress was very rude to me upone arrival and when i went to pay my bill.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I was there a year ago, had a so-so sandwich on a paper plate - bag of chips on the side. No service at all. It might even be closed now

Reviewed 22 October 2009

I discovered the Greenhouse Cafe after contacting the Finger Lakes Wine Country tourism group (who contacted the county's tourism board) - and what a nice find! After exchanging a few emails with Robyn prior to our visit so that the cafe was ready to accommodate our large group, we pulled up to the cutest place on one of the main streets of Hammondsport. If the weather had been a bit warmer and rain was not likely, we could have eaten outside on the patio, but Robyn had our group of 10 set up inside the greenhouse area. The whole place was decorated in warm and tropical colors (even the bathroom!) - and it was so inviting after the drizzle all day and night before we arrived.

Normally, one would step up to the counter to order and then sit down at one of the tables, but because we had such a large group, one of the employees came over and took our order. There was a selection of 5 different local Finger Lakes coffees available, and we were provided cups to serve ourselves and add cream/milk, sugar/sugar substitute, etc. After ordering breakfast, we also ordered lunch to go (so we could picnic at one of the wineries we visited later in the day). Breakfast was served on colorful plates and was awesome! My husband and I both ordered the french toast, mine w/ berries, his with bananas and walnuts - and a side of breakfast potatoes. I heard the breakfast panini was also good. For lunch, many of us ordered from the panini menu (asking that they be regular sandwiches, not put in the panini maker) and they were served with sunchips as a side. I ordered a chicken & pesto on multigrain and it was fantastic with the seyval blanc we purchased from Keuka Spring!

If you'd like a menu, I have the one Robyn sent me for Oct 2009, but I'm sure she'd be willing to send you a more current one upon request.

5  Thank irshmai