“Outstanding restaurant”

Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Hammondsport
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding restaurant”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Food, service ambiance were outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates and excellent meal and is willing to pay for it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gary M

Myerstown, Pennsylvania
“Fine Dining in Casual Candle Light Elegance!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had an excellent dinner at the Pleasant Valley Inn: we had no reservation, none needed as it turns out. We also were dressed very casually, again, no issue. Tables were covered in white table cloths, including candle light. We had an excellent meal; although pricey, it was worth it! Entrees included a simple garden salad, and there was a potato of the day included.Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The wait staff were very friendly and stopped by frequently to check on our experience. Also, the owner of the Inn stopped by several times to make sure our dining experience was top notch! Although not huge, the menu offered many different entree choices, something for every pallet; the wine list was wonderful. When you see local diners frequenting the establishment, one can only believe it is a good, well known restaurant. I cannot say enough good about this experience, I highly recommend this as a dinning choice on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Renee B
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Always outstanding”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I travel to the Finger Lakes for "wine weekends" every few months and usually eat at the Pleasant Valley Inn. We have probably eaten here 8-10 times in the last 3-4 years and it is always outstanding. I particularly like their escargot, which was better than any I had while in Paris last summer. The owner that greets you in genuinely friendly, the service is great and the meal is outstanding.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank apmcpm
Lynn, Ma
“Such a wonderful place!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went as a family for the last dinner out on our 25th Anniversary trip. I emailed Marianne about a Monday reservation a few months prior. She returned my email with sad news that they don’t serve dinner on Monday. I put her on the spot and asked her for a recommendation. She gave me one and it was a great one. I thanked her and told her we would see her when we got out there. We arrived early and found a beautiful Inn and Restaurant. We had the dining room to ourselves for the most part. We all ordered different entrées and they were all excellent to the eye and in taste. Even after eating the entire meal and feeling so full, after hearing about the home-made deserts we had to try them, and so glad we did. What a wonderful experience, our server was great, it was like stepping back in time with the beautiful and clean décor.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank SieurdeCadillac
McMurray, Pennsylvania
“Incredible meal”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Pleasant Valley Inn recently and decided to have dinner there after a busy day touring the area and wineries. I highly recommend making reservations in advance - it is an incredibly popular place to dine. Luckily, Tom was able to squeeze us in that night. We enjoyed a cocktail at the small bar area before dinner and received some suggestions of what to order - follow these recommendations! The PEI mussels were the best we ever had, and the local asparagus served chilled was an excellent appetizer.

The menu is small but a nice variety of dishes expertly prepared by Marianne. Seafood is flown in and only the very best items are served. My scallops were amazing as was my husband's seafood meal. We had a lovely Finger Lakes wine with our dinner.

This is fine dining but not stuffy. White tablecloths, yes, but we were made to feel very welcome and not rushed at all through our dinner. Many of the persons dining were repeat customers, and we will certainly be one of them the next time we are in the area!

• Visited May 2014