“It was ok.”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hammondsport
Clifton, New Jersey
“It was ok.”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

It's a nice inn. The highway is right in front of the inn. I know that the address indicate a highway but I thought the inn might be on a hill or further in. I saw other hotels which fits the description I mentioned. We had a suite it was nice. Had a small kitchen. One of my issue was a very musty smell in the room. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said that they would take care of it. We came back later on at night and the smell was still there. There is a pergola in front and you get the view of the cars passing by and the cars parked around it. The continental breakfast no biggie. Mini muffins, croissants,coffee and fruits. We brought some eggs and made breakfast in the room. Not much to do at the inn. The back of the inn doesn't have anything to offer. No chairs or tables. Another pergola should be added in the back. The inn was a pit stop for us. We slept and got ready to do other activities: Wine Trail, Jazz Festival (Corning) and Glass Museum (Corning). I don't get the town logo: "The coolest small town". There is nothing to do there. One good thing is the inn gave us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary and a card. That was a very nice touch.The front desk is very informative. You can go to them for tips and suggestions.I guess my problem was the price $160 @ night. Way overpriced. I am not sure if I would go back unless the prices were much cheaper.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Letin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The charming accomodations and the new owners make this place a best bet. I really loved the room; very cosy, nice soaps and towels. The owners had some misfortune with their water pressure one day this past weekend but it is fixed now and it shouldn't happen again. They went above and beyond to make it up to thier guests! This staff really cares. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary P
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I gotta tell you that we were very skeptical to stay here, because it was the only place in town that we found that wasn't sold out--so we had no choice. When we arrived, the owner's Mother was outside gardening and we thought, hmmmm, maybe it's not so bad. She greated us and made us feel at home. The receptionist was just as friendly and gave us great suggestions of places to eat. The room was clean and comfortable. The towels were nice, the shower could have been better with regards to pressure and getting the temp. consistant. The next morning the owner gave us directions for an awsome bike ride--better service than a concierge at a 5 star hotel!! And by the way, the coffee is great--locals go all over the world to find their beans--we'll be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank margaret891
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2012

While in town for a wedding, my husband and I had the opportunity to stay at the Vinehurst, and we are certainly glad we did! The Vinehurst was a refreshing change of pace from the chain hotels that we typically stay in when travelling.

First and foremost, the staff was wonderful! Everyone was very friendly and helpful, making sure that our needs were met and that our stay was everything we expected it to be. When asking for suggestions about what to do in the area, they tried to get a feel for what would be a good match for us—there was no standard answer; they really wanted to make sure we would enjoy what the area had to offer us.

Next, the accommodations: Our room was clean and cozy. The A/C was cold; the water was hot. We slept in a comfortable bed in a tastefully decorated room. We were fortunate to have a room with a balcony, which provided us with a nice view of the valley and rolling hills surrounding us (as well as the beautifully landscaped grounds). It was a relaxing place to start the morning while my husband enjoyed his coffee and I devoured my blueberry muffin. We found the hotel to be conveniently located to both Bath and Hammondsport, and of course, several local wineries and breweries!

Finally, this hotel is under new management, and we understand that this is a huge venture for the owners! We’d like to thank the Oliver Family and staff for all they have done to resurrect the Vinehurst. They have put a lot into it, and it really shows. We look forward to staying with them again and will definitely recommend them to friends and family travelling to the area!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tipsy679
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The new owners are working hard to upgrade this motel that had fallen on hard times. The landscaping is very nice. The room was freshly painted and nicely decorated with local art. The sheets were scratchy, but the towels were lovely. The beds were very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower seemed low. The AC filter needed changing, and when we mentioned this, it was taken care of promptly. The breakfast was juice, coffee, small pieces of watermelon, and pretty bad muffins. $100 per night seemed high for what you get. The woman in the office was lovely. There is an excellent restaurant right across the road.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elizabeth73
Coraopolis
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed at the Vinehurst Inn for two nights with my wife. First, it is a great location (1.5 miles from Hammondsport) so if you are staying in town to do a wine tour, this place is good. The Vinehurst is under new management, and the new owners are making great strides to make the Inn look nice. There is new paint, new gravel driveway, landscaping etc. From the exterior, it looks inviting. There is even a new pergola with lawn chairs. Very cute.

The inside of our room was a little dated, but clean. Carpets worn, old-looking bathrooms etc. However, the bed was comfortable, linens clean and fresh, and the room had a fridge, and microwave. There are a few kinks to work out, but overall I would recommend the vinehurst.

Overall, the staff was very friendly, and you can tell they really want to turn this hotel around. In time, I think they will get it right. They seem ambitious, and really want to please their customers. If I go back to Hammondsport again, I will stay there again. Good rooms, good rates, nice people.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammondsport
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region
No photo provided

Been to Vinehurst Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!