“"Very Accomodating and Welcoming"”

Vinehurst Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hammondsport
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
“"Very Accomodating and Welcoming"”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We chose the Vinnehurst Inn and Suites based on the reviews. It was very clean and nicely decorated. We were very close to all of the local attractions and restaurants. The Oliver's have done a great job breathing new life into the inn.

Veterans and military are given a wonderful discount because this is a veteran owned establishment. So don't forget your ID.

We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning.

The Breens from the Poconos

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helenebreen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hornell, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My significant other and I were staying in the Hammondsport area for a weekend event. We wanted to enjoy a little Western, NY culture. So we decided to stay at the Vinehurst Inn. On our arrival we met a friendly staff, who happened to be the new owners. The Oliver’s are an extremely nice family. They gave us a lot of good information about the area and the hotel’s history. Room was nice and clean, bed was amazing, and bathroom was a good size. We didn’t make the breakfast due to our early morning departure. I definitely plan to stay again, and will HIGHLY recommend too others.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Penn Yan, New York
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I chose this hotel because of its very close proximity to the restaurant I was taking my girlfriend for our anniversary weekend, where I was planning to propose. So you can imagine that my expectations were high and I was hyper sensitive to minute details. We arrived after a long day of wine tasting noshing and were greeted by a a woman who had a lot to say and plenty of attitude and wit- she was in great spirits considering how pregnant she was- knew lots about the area so I could tell she was local. The suite I had booked was very clean with a nice comfy bed and pretty view of the wilderness behind it. There was a btl of local bubbly in the fridge they must have put there for me as I had forwarned them that it was a special weekend. They quality was mediocre (but solid for NYS) but I am used to sipping grower champagne so I am a snob basically. It was a nice gesture and thats what counts. We had a great dinner at the Pleasant Valley Inn and I proposed and it was memorable and all that stuff.. we checked out the next day and got to meet the family that recently purchased this hotel that they have put much time and effort into restoring and rejuvenating. Its nice to see veteran owned small businesses prospering.
As far as the jerk who was complaining about small toilets I was completely satisfied with my sitting experiences, maybe he has a huge butt?

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank winenerdcron
SD, Pa.
Reviewed 16 October 2012

A toilet in a hotel bathroom is a basic human necessity and we spent 2 and a half days concerned that we might actually have to use the toilet in our bathroom. We had to try and take advantage of the use of public toilets while out and about visiting wineries and restaurants. If your butt while sitting is the same size as this miniature toilet bowl was, then you won’t have any problem with the paper work. The undersized toilet in our room was tucked away in a small very confining space that does not accommodate average size people or larger. We complained at the front desk and asked to change rooms since our friend’s room toilet accommodations were normal and not in a confined space. We were most disappointed in the pregnant woman at the front desk who took a non-sympathetic stance with us stating that no one has ever complained about this before and refused to switch our room. I’d be willing to bet that she too would struggle using our assigned toilet. We were riding with friends or I would have left. You’d think you could at least get an accommodating toilet with this hotel charging 120 bucks a night plus tax. I won’t stay there again. It made for a very uncomfortable experience in what should have been a glorious weekend in New York wine country.

Room Tip: Stay the hell out of number 21.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Keith F
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 October 2012

It's a nice inn. The highway is right in front of the inn. I know that the address indicate a highway but I thought the inn might be on a hill or further in. I saw other hotels which fits the description I mentioned. We had a suite it was nice. Had a small kitchen. One of my issue was a very musty smell in the room. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said that they would take care of it. We came back later on at night and the smell was still there. There is a pergola in front and you get the view of the cars passing by and the cars parked around it. The continental breakfast no biggie. Mini muffins, croissants,coffee and fruits. We brought some eggs and made breakfast in the room. Not much to do at the inn. The back of the inn doesn't have anything to offer. No chairs or tables. Another pergola should be added in the back. The inn was a pit stop for us. We slept and got ready to do other activities: Wine Trail, Jazz Festival (Corning) and Glass Museum (Corning). I don't get the town logo: "The coolest small town". There is nothing to do there. One good thing is the inn gave us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary and a card. That was a very nice touch.The front desk is very informative. You can go to them for tips and suggestions.I guess my problem was the price $160 @ night. Way overpriced. I am not sure if I would go back unless the prices were much cheaper.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Letin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The charming accomodations and the new owners make this place a best bet. I really loved the room; very cosy, nice soaps and towels. The owners had some misfortune with their water pressure one day this past weekend but it is fixed now and it shouldn't happen again. They went above and beyond to make it up to thier guests! This staff really cares. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary P
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I gotta tell you that we were very skeptical to stay here, because it was the only place in town that we found that wasn't sold out--so we had no choice. When we arrived, the owner's Mother was outside gardening and we thought, hmmmm, maybe it's not so bad. She greated us and made us feel at home. The receptionist was just as friendly and gave us great suggestions of places to eat. The room was clean and comfortable. The towels were nice, the shower could have been better with regards to pressure and getting the temp. consistant. The next morning the owner gave us directions for an awsome bike ride--better service than a concierge at a 5 star hotel!! And by the way, the coffee is great--locals go all over the world to find their beans--we'll be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank margaret891
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammondsport
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan

Been to Vinehurst Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!