“Great Martinis but food was disappointing”
Review of Villa Tuscano - CLOSED

Villa Tuscano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We've driven past this place many times and last week we finally went inside to the bar. The Martinis were thoroughly enjoyed by my wife and pronounced "The best ever!" We had an appetizer at the bar and enjoyed it, so we went back last night for dinner.
We were seated right away as the restaurant only had about 5 or 6 occupied tables. Despite this fact, we were seated next to the kitchen and waited patiently for someone to ask us if we would like to place a drink order. This must have been apparent to the bus staff who took much better care of the customers that the wait staff. The bus staff took and delivered our drink order. Our waitress finally appeared and took our dinner order but during our wait we couldn't help but notice that the young man and young girl on the bus staff were doing most of the work on the floor. It was obvious that they are the glue that keeps this place together! Too bad only the customers could see this. There was no visible management on the floor. If management was busy in the kitchen, then they dropped the ball there as well.
My eggplant parmesan had delicious red sauce but still tasted like the inside of a freezer. I saw no point in sending it back and I usually just vote with my checkbook. My wife said she was no big fan of her shrimp dish as well. We may still visit the bar but that will be the last time we dine in the restaurant. I hope management reads this and promotes the bus staff to wait staff and then visits the kitchen to taste what is served.

1  Thank USCGBMC

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I went to Villa Tuscano’s Sunday Brunch, Labor Day weekend, since this would be our last opportunity to eat there before heading back to Florida. They had a beautiful spread of food which included both breakfast fare and hot /cold lunch items. There were several salads, shrimp, eggplant, meatballs, chicken, and pasta , to name a few, plus an omelet station where you could get eggs made-to-order, waffles, pancakes and, of course, omelet’s. The chef was friendly and seemed to know most everyone, so I guess he has a regular following. Our server offered us a complimentary morning cocktail, along with our choice of beverage, then invited us to help ourselves to the buffet. We both had omelets, bacon and sausage, mini-muffin’s and some fresh fruit. The huge selection of deserts were so appealing, we couldn’t leave without trying a few sweets and a mini-cannoli. Everything we ate here was delicious! When we left, around noon, the restaurant was so busy, they had only one empty table.

We have been to a great many brunches and I must say, this one was very well done. Everything was nicely presented, tasted delicious and the service was friendly and attentive. The complementary Mimosa’s were also a nice touch. I rate the brunch at Villa Tuscano EXCELLENT (5-stars), since IMO, it could not have been better. We both highly recommend this restaurant for exceptionally good Italian food and also for their Sunday brunch. We definitely will be eating here again when we return to the Hampton’s next year.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The food is always great. And service is friendly. We always choose this restaurant as the food is always consistently delicious...

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Living in the Hamptons during the winter I am never sure what restaurants are closed for the season or maybe just a month. I do not get the opportunity to go out to dinner often, so I do my homework before leaving the house. I came here and found Villa Tuscano & a link to their website. Based on the hours and the option to have a Prix fixe menu Sun-thurs. We chose to go there. Upon arrival we were informed as we were seated that "staff was limited and it would be a wait."The server explained they weren't expecting to be "so busy,they guess it's because it was a Sunday evening before a holiday." I then asked about the prix fixe menu and was in formed that it is only "Tuesday and Thursday evenings and that it's a mistake what is on the website and needs to be changed". Asked another server for more bread (being there was such a long wait for the food) was told sure and then she never returned. Finally saw my server and was told they ran out. The food was ok. The servers did their best,however overwhelmed. I think Its a shame that the restaurant was not better prepared and that they are aware of the mistake on their website & just shrug it off.

1  Thank Marie M
Reviewed 1 August 2012

After trying all the rest, we find Villa Tuscano is the BEST Italian restaurant in our town; bar none! We have eaten here more times than I can remember and never been disappointed. After eating here again this week, I decided to look on TripAdvisor to see how others were rating them, and surprisingly found no one had written a review.

This is our favorite place to eat when spending our summer in the Hamptons. Their nicely appointed dining room, ambiance, attentive service and most importantly, the delicious Italian food, are all exceptional. They prepare a wide variety of classic entrees, serve generous portions and have an extensive wine list, at reasonable prices. Their Champagne Chicken and Rigatoni ala Vodka are two of our favorites. If you have room for desert, the Tartufo (Italian ice-cream) is always yummy! We haven’t tried their Sunday brunch, but the spread looks amazing on their web site: http://www.villatuscanony.com

We highly recommend Villa Tuscano Italian Restaurant for any occasion. Try them, you’ll LOVE them!!

1  Thank juddann