“This is our new favorite place - but maybe not in the summer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cowfish

Cowfish
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Southampton, New York
“This is our new favorite place - but maybe not in the summer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our first time at Cowfish and we look forward to many, many more visits. But living here year-round we can avoid the summer when I'm sure it will be mobbed and they don't take reservations for less than 10!

The view is absolutely the best in all of the Hamptons including Montauk and EAst Hampton Point. The food is fantastic. They offer "cute salad sizes" for only $6 which helps with the price and the Caesar and iceberg wedge were terrific. I had the scallops with corn and jasmine rice and prosciutto and my husband had NOLA shrimp and I think we'll probably want the same thing on our next visit. We've both been to New Orleans many times and their NOLA shrimp was really authentically spiced.

The service was very friendly and the portions are right too. They serve brunch, lunch and have a happy hour too.

• Visited April 2014

Deer Park, New York
“Great food and views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

A little tricky to find, but worth the hunt. Overlooks the Shinnecock Canal, rustic style restaurant. For starters, the waiter was the most knowledgeable one I have seen in a long time. He was also extremely efficient, and very pleasant. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name, but he is in the process of getting a really nice tattoo on his arm. The food was outstanding, and not your typical menu. I had the scallops which were prepared absolutely perfect, I loved them. Others had the ribs, the ribeye, a fillet mignon and salmon. Everyone loved what they ordered. I also had this salad with blanched Brussel sprout leaves, which I was hesitant about, but it was really tasty. I would recommend they expand their appetizer menu a little more, none of them were to my taste, but everyone that had an appetizer enjoyed it. The buffalo shrimp were smoking hot! Went with a party of six, had the best table view of the canal, with seals playing in the water all throughout dinner. The sun was setting, it was perfect. Highly recommend this restaurant

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LongIslandGiirl
New York, USA
“Simply Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

It is kind of tough to find this place behind the marina! But what a find! ! Brussel sprout salad with accoutrements, the swordfish was cooked to perfection surrounded by two unique and delicious sides and professionally served by sweet and attentive Holly! The views are lovely from both the decks and the dining area of the Shinnecock Canal and surrounding area! Casual dress is okay. Prices are fair. I will go again soon! A friend at the table had a sandwich, which he said was excellent, BUT...a side note to the chef, your cole slaw is very boring and tasteless - get a new recipe (but this did not spoil our overall experience!)!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pamela4400
Riverhead, New York
“Great food, attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We've always enjoyed the consistently good food and attentive service, but after tonight's meal my wife and I agreed that this is our favorite restaraunt. The menu is short and in th past we've tried almost everything and it's all been good. Tonight we went out for our ten year anniversary, and our server Joe heard us talking about our last ten years together and on his own bought us a bottle of champagne. The food was great, as usual, but Joe's thoughtful gesture made our evening.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jjrk
New York City, New York
“Don't forget about this gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Behind a marina just off the highway is a gem with great good, beautiful views and friendly service.

Visited September 2013