We stayed in the motel unit of this property which is situated between the tracks of the Long Island Railroad and Montauk Highway. We asked for a quiet room and were given one of the motel-style rooms--the property also has individual bungalows--and were not disturbed by the trains. The owner-managers are excellent, and always present to attend to guests--and they do consider them guests. Rooms are spacious and well-maintained, have a small refrigerator and a TV; it's a non-smoking property, although smokers are permitted to use outdoor tables and chairs. The rooms have a small cement patio and there are communal tables and chairs on the lawn. The pool is okay for families; shallow end is cordoned off for children. It's too small for lap swimmers. There is a tennis court, too. I found our bed a bit hard and the pillows were not comfortable, but this is a small complaint given the service. The property is across the street from a supermarket and near a diner, so it's perfect for those who don't drive. We biked to the ocean beach, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family oriented resort with rooms and cottages that have been described as quaint and charming. Each is individually decorated and has it's own personality. We have a pool, lighted tennis court, shuffleboard, small putting green and playground. The grounds are shady and flower filled. Pets are welcome in the cottages by prior arrangement, but never in the rooms. This offers a choice for those with allergies to stay where there have never been pets. All accommodations have flat screen cable tv and air conditioning. All rooms have refrigerators and coffeemakers with complimentary tea & coffee, and all cottages as well as the studio have compact but complete kitchens equipped with dishes, pots, utensils and microwave. We are approximately 3 miles from both ocean and bay beaches where all are welcome. Pets can be taken to the beach before 9 a.M. And after 6 p.M. Both North & South Forks can be easily accessed from here, and we are about halfway between Southampton and Westhampton Villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Bowen's by the Bays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowen`s By The Bays Hotel Hampton Bays
- Bowens By The Bays Hampton
- Bowen's By The Bays Hampton Bays, Hamptons, NY