My parents, my dog, and myself stayed in one of the 2BR cottages at Bowen's for a long weekend out of the city. Eileen was beyond helpful on the front end, assisting us with selecting the perfect cottage setup (with the right number/kind of beds, enough privacy for everyone, etc) and responding to questions when my plans almost changed at the last minute due to work. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and given a welcome bag (complete with some local info and a dog biscuit). Upon our request, Eileen recommended nearby restaurants for dinner and marked a map for us with their locations - they all turned out to be delicious.
The property is very well maintained with lots of lush grass, shady trees, and pretty landscaping. My dog really enjoyed his walks on the lawns. On that note, it really was a pleasure to stay where dogs are truly welcome rather than just allowed. Our cottage was also adorable and home-y. The bed was the most comfortable hotel/B&B bed I've slept in lately, and it was great to have a living area and kitchen. The best part was probably the screened porch our cottage had, along with the hammock out front. Sitting on a porch or laying in a hammock are just about the nicest ways to start and end a day.
I had not been to the area before, but I found Hampton Bays to be charming and close to the other places we wanted to visit. It also had plenty of nice restaurant options for dinner, plus there is a grocery store across the street from Bowen's if you want to pick up some supplies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small family oriented resort with rooms and cottages that have been described as quaint and charming. Each is individually decorated and has it's own personality. We have a pool, lighted tennis court, shuffleboard, small putting green and playground. The grounds are shady and flower filled. Pets are welcome in the cottages by prior arrangement, but never in the rooms. This offers a choice for those with allergies to stay where there have never been pets. All accommodations have flat screen cable tv and air conditioning. All rooms have refrigerators and coffeemakers with complimentary tea & coffee, and all cottages as well as the studio have compact but complete kitchens equipped with dishes, pots, utensils and microwave. We are approximately 3 miles from both ocean and bay beaches where all are welcome. Pets can be taken to the beach before 9 a.M. And after 6 p.M. Both North & South Forks can be easily accessed from here, and we are about halfway between Southampton and Westhampton Villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Bowen's by the Bays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowen`s By The Bays Hotel Hampton Bays
- Bowens By The Bays Hampton
- Bowen's By The Bays Hampton Bays, Hamptons, NY