“Beautiful, comfortable, relaxing vacation”

Bowen's by the Bays
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband & I wanted to get away for a few days of relaxation....to celebrate our recent marriage. We were thrilled to find Bowen's by the Bays, a beautiful place where we could escape from our hectic lives & even include our Golden Retriever, Casey. Not only were the accommodations perfect for us, but the owners made us feel so at home. From the initial phone call to place the reservations, to reluctantly leaving and saying good-bye, we had a great feeling we had chosen the ideal vacation spot for us. We'll definitely make a return visit next summer.....and many more visits to come.

Room Tip: The cottages are nicely furnished, clean and VERY comfortable. The kitchen is fully stocked, so no n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bowen's by the Bays

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We felt welcomed since the initial contact with Bowen's. The owners are very friendly and the site is beautifully landscaped with a pool and tennis court and pretty gardens. We stayed in one of cute cottages with a nice porch and our own little garden, close to our parking space. The way the cottage faced gave us plenty of privacy, which was perfect as we had our Labrador Retriever with us. The bedroom, bath, kitchen and living room were clean and comfortable. We recommend the location of the hotel also as being central to that area of Long Island.

Room Tip: There is a little motel also as part of the property which is around toward the back of the property...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is my 7th year at Bowens by the Bays. Until this year, I rented a one room cottage for my Golden Retriever, Abigail and me. Abigail passed away last fall, and I now have a new 1 year old Golden, Isabelle. It was always peaceful and I only had my dog with me, and the time spent at Bowens was so very relaxing. With a new puppy in tow, I thought that this year might be time to change things up. At Eileen’s suggestion, I decided to upgrade to a 2 bedroom cottage and invite my daughter, her husband, and my two grandchildren (ages 1 and 3) for a few days. Since I have been so used to being alone with just my dog, I was not sure what to expect. What the trip enabled me to do was to see Bowens through different eyes. Since it was always just my dog and me, I was unable to notice the absolute “family atmosphere” that the Bowens provides. I think I was either out with my dog, or on the hammock reading. Watching the Bowens work all day is exhausting in and of itself! I witnessed Kevin, stopping guests to make sure everything was ok, and heard his signature phrase, “if you need anything, let us know”. I watched my grandchildren play on the Jungle Gym and the swings. I watched my older grandson stay in the pool almost all day and it was such a nice feeling seeing them that happy. For two nights, we cooked out and sat around and talked. Again, I always knew this was a family place, but this last trip really opened my eyes! I could not imagine going anywhere but Bowens, especially after this trip. The cottages are spotless, service second to none, and I saw quite a few families there, something else I never really noticed before. I was still able to take my dog to the bay and ocean (both scared the puppy), but we had a great time. The only thing I would have changed is that I would have had my entire family stay the whole week. When they left on Thursday night, I missed “family feeling” and some hustle and bustle of two young grandchildren! Bowens really does define a family vacation. Can’t wait till next year.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Love this place! It's quaint and has something for everyone (tennis, pool, mini golf). Close to shops and short drive to the Hamptons beach (Dune Rd). The owners are really nice and accommodating. We've been back for a few summers now.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The location could not be better for making yourself feel at home in the Hamptons. Very close to all kinds of food and beverage shopping as well as sundries. The staff, every one of them that we came in contact with, were really nice and helpful. The cottage we stayed in was dated and not glamorous BUT could not have been any cleaner or better equipped for making us feel comfortable. The setting is so sweet, so many flowers and shade trees, hammocks at each cottage. We will stay there again, a great choice for that east end getaway.

Room Tip: Cottages are perfect for families with or without pets.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family and I stayed at Bowen's for a little under a week near the beginning of July and couldn't have been happier. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. Because we were there mid week, we basically had the place to ourselves. Even with all there is to do in the Hamptons during the summer, probably the best part of our vacation was relaxing and swimming in the pool at Bowen's. I would highly recommend this place for a stay that won't decimate your budget and provides the peace and relaxation needed in the hustle and bustle of a Hamptons summer.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Can't express what a great experience my first stay at the Bowen's place was. The personal interaction was great. With wife and two kids, didn't know whether to stay on grounds and experience the tranquility or go out and visit sites. Have to say the nights and days spent on the grounds have much more memories that will last a long time. I'm excited about any trip back to the area and it would absolutely be at the Bowen's!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampton Bays
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead

Been to Bowen's by the Bays? Share your experiences!