“This is the place to relax”

Bowen's by the Bays
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hampton Bays
Reviewed 9 August 2009

This is my 4th year at Bowens by the Bay. I am from Delaware and usually take 5 days a year off to “recharge”. This will sound crazy, but I take my Golden Retriever with me. It’s just the two of us and it is the only time I can really “unwind”. If you want to relax, this is the place! The staff is superb, service excellent, and the accommodations, well I couldn’t ask for more. When checking in, I was greeted by Eileen Bowen. She handed my “gift bag” with water, some snacks, and dog biscuits. The rules for my dog (i.e. leashes, etc.) were included and specifically addressed to “Abigail”, my Golden. They don’t miss a detail! Upon entering my cottage, the aroma of “cleanliness” was apparent. I took my Golden to South Hampton (highly recommended) for lunch. Many of the restaurants with outside seating are very accommodating to pets. A good run on the beach (after 6pm) is fun, and back to the cottage for some reading. There are many things to do there, pool, tennis courts, tennis lessons, or you can just walk along the 4 acres of ground and adore the flowers! I have never seen such beautiful flowers throughout the property! I would highly recommend, and will be counting the days till I can unwind next year

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 June 2009

Me, my husband and two dogs travel to Long Island in the fall each year to enjoy the grilled corn, shopping and foliage, and Bowens could not be any more accommodating. We stayed in an adorable screened in two bedroom cottage with our dogs. The place was immaculate, comfortable, and the customer service received by the owners (from original email to check out) was top notch! She even came over to our car when we were checking out to pet our dogs :) Can't wait to get back there this October.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2008

It's a little strange to mail a check in order to reserve a room these days -- but our stay here couldn't have been more pleasant.

The grounds of the motel are great, a playground and tennis courts, and a great little pool -- you feel sufficiently sheltered in by the trees. Room was very clean, bathroom and shower were clean and modern -- although it's clearly a mom and pop run business, they were quite friendly and immensely helpful and honest when suggesting local options for dining and taxi cabs.

I would highly recommend and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 September 2008

We spent a relaxing weekend at Bowen's by the Bays this summer. The room was immaculate, the property and landscaping was beautiful, and the staff was very friendly. The location is great too, right near town and only a short drive to the beach. There is a lot to do without even leaving the property, such as playing tennis on their beautiful court or relaxing by the pool. It was a great place to stay and we're looking forward to returning.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 3 September 2008

What a wonderful, beautiful place! We enjoyed our stay and definately will return next year. My husband booked this place for us because he didnt want us driving back home at night.

The kids loved being in the pool. The gardens are beautiful and well maintained, the grounds are well kept and the owners are so pleasant and accommodating.
Our room Lobelia was clean as a whistle. There is a brand new Mcdonalds and stop and shop across the street - which is great. Yet once you enter the gates of bowens its another world. Loooved it!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Just back from three weeks at Bowen's by the Bays nestled in a lovely landscape in Hampton Bays. Beaches, grocery stores, excellent restaurants, antique stores, farmer's markets and fishing are all close by. The vineyards are within easy driving distance.

Very important for us, they are pet friendly. We were given a charming one bedroom cottage with a screened in porch so that our cats could safely enjoy the out of doors. Maid service once a week for cabins, and daily for rooms, made a difference.

The owners and staff are utterly charming and very helpful. Pool, putting green and tennis courts are an added plus. The grounds look like an Architectural Digest scene.

If you are looking to relax, wind down and explore Long Island, this is the place for you. It is quiet, laid back and the perfect place to come "home" to at the end of the day to barbecue and enjoy the fading light or watch a movie on TV.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrusiaNewYorkCity
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Cute, very charming room. The outside was very quaint. Location very good, right in the middle of the Hamptons. The bathroom was small but very nice and clean. The refrigerator seem a bit old, and probably need to be replace, but overall pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Southampton
Hampton Maid
Hampton Maid
#6 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Bowen's by the Bays? Share your experiences!