“They just don't care, and it shows.”

and 1 more site!
The Inn Spot on the Bay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hampton Bays B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2012

What was most emblematic of my stay at this place was the condition of the bedding - a large brown spot on the duvet (that wasn't noticed until I could see it in the light of day) holes in the sheets, and just generally shabby condition of the room. At breakfast, I had to actually get up from my seat and flag someone down to order. They seemed shocked that I'd been ignored. I wasn't shocked at all. As I checked out, I asked if I could possibly print my boarding pass. After 45 minutes, I just gave up and told them I'd print it at the airport. Overall, an awful experience. They should be embarrassed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Morpheus1041

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Excellent all around. Loved the service, location, food, ambiance and the perfect hosts, Collette and Pam.
If you really want to experience the Hampton's, choose this venue. It is very central and quite possible to do day trips to East Hampton, Bridgehampton and Montauk.
As B&B's go....this one is on the top of my list.
So happy we stayed here!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 1 September 2011

if you are looking for a great place to stay with the " nicest working owners " anywhere - this is the place ! The food is great , the staff aims to please and the view from the restaurant porch is unreal ! Beautiful beach is a stones throw .... We will all be back !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mrvicnewyork
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The only way to describe the experience of staying in this place. We paid more than 300 dollars for a tiny room which showed signs of neglect and lack of care. An ugly orange extension cable trailed down from the wall mounted television, but you could see the owners had once cared about trying to hide the wiring. Little things like this tell you a lot.
There was also a very loud birthday reception taking place all afternoon on the main lawn, which drove us out of the inn to escape the music and announcements. Apparently they have functions most weekends over the summer and the inn is too small for both. Obviously the comfort of their guests comes a slow second.
Finally- breakfast not included because it is an "inn." Perhaps all hotels which charge 300 dollars a night and include complimentary breakfast should think about a rebrand!
The service was ok, but the overall feeling of being taken advantage of left a bad impression

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Tryingtobefair
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Thought it was going to be great, but it was terrible...rooms are too small to move in...bathroom is good for my 5 year old nephew, maybe! The food at the restaurant is gross, NOT edible! They charge you for bread! Service is awful awful awful

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed in this place the end of July 2011 with my husband. A friend who has a house in the area sent me the link, but he had never stayed in the hotel before. The rooms are very small although we stayed in one of the largest rooms (one double bed plus a single one). The sheets were cheap and old, the place had no real towels but some type of sheets you find in old cottages in England but most importantly the it had no charm, no taste and no quality whatsoever. The "villas" as they called them on the website are a huge disappointment and the price (more than 300$ per night) is too high for what they offer. I was so sorry to realized that these 2 women who own the hotel aren't ashamed of making a living of this. I won't stay there again that's for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Having read other reviews I have mixed opinions on this place. The staff were very courteous and helpful there is no question, but for $280 you expect more. No breakfast included, no extra facilities that I was made aware of (pool/bicycles etc), and the "villa" to me is a bit of an over statement. Though perfectly clean, it was extremely compact!

Having said this the restaurant had a lovely view out to the water, and offered plenty ambiance. Again though, I think the food was overpriced. I had a main of sea bass on boiled rice for which they charged $30. A capuccino in the morning cost $6!

Summing up, I'd say that service, cleanliness, food quality were all fine, but if you're going to charge more than a hotel in Manhatten, then you should at least offer something special in return.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Bayview Resort
Bayview Resort
#3 of 12 in Hampton Bays
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn Spot on the Bay? Share your experiences!