I was excited to go there for lunch recently and based on their web menu available on line, it looked like a wonderful assortment of delicious opportunities, so I was willing to make the 30 mile trip to get there. Boy, what a disappointment. Arrived there only to find they didn't serve lunch anymore and haven't for a while. But, a brunch is available on Sundays. I left disappointed, vowed to return at a later date because the grounds and interior looked enchanting. The drinks were overpriced at $15, although the portion was generous, and I felt the entrees were as well. At $36, I expect something special. I had the seafood pot pie and was hoping for a "sea to table" experience. It wasn't. With a hint of lobster meat sprinkled between what tasted like frozen scallops and maine shrimp, it was devoid of flavor even though the filling was placed within a Bechamel under-seasoned sauce. The highlight was the crispy exterior of the pie. The best part was the view from the lawn, which I imagine on Wednesday nights, with music might be the place for a cocktail. Another highlight was the service, efficient, professional and friendly. The restaurant was empty of dinner guests during the height of the season, while down the road the popular hangouts - Oaklands or Sunday's were packed to the gills. I think even the tourist are looking for value and experience this year, and because I feel I was a victim false advertising because they advertised a lunch menu as being available all day and it wasn't, felt that in today's world there is no excuse for false advertising on a proprietary website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations in the Main House include four beautifully appointed newly renovated suites with private baths and picturesque bay views. Each room contains a sitting area with a separate sleeping alcove, and comes complete with cable TV. All of our rooms are based on double occupancy, although some rooms can accommodate up to four people. Our rooms reflect the unique architectural style of the Main House with peaked roof lines and sloped ceilings. Our seaside villas which are adjacent to the Main House are ideal for couples or families. Our smaller villas, which sleep two, have a bedroom area and private baths, cable TV, and an indivudual deck with two chairs Our larger villas have one private bedroom, a living room area, private bath, full kitchen, cable TV, and an individual deck with two chairs. These villas sleep up to four people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Inn Spot on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn Spot On The Bay Hotel Hampton Bays
- The Inn Spot On The Bay Hampton Bays, Hamptons, NY