- scenic location on water, but unswimmable
- nice beach nearby, within half mile walking distance
- clean rooms (but inconsistent clean up times. in four days our room was only tidied once)
- terrible customer service. You feel as if you are putting the staff out if you ask for basic things i.e. clean towels, iron and/or ironing board, an extra blanket. Our towels were changed once in four days. (That is, after we got them). Dismissive.
- unprofessional: It took us more than 15 minutes to check in. Receptionist was on the phone and couldn't be bothered. Poor welcome. We were standing around waiting for her to finish, she was not apologetic. Little warmth or friendliness. The place is understaffed. Little effort made to make you feel happy and comfortable as a guest. No small things done to make the stay a memorable one.
- no phones in room
- only one towel per person, they don't "do" extra towels. And Bring your own beach towel, as they don't provide those either.
- only one key per room, no duplicates
- extra $50 charge per night for additional people in room. That is fine IF other sleeping accomodations are available...but no. No hideaways or cots. We ended up buying a blow up mattress. Unbelievable.
Overall: this place was sufficient, but at $150-$195 a night, we wished we had a better customer experience. If you book, know that you will be on your own with so-so service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations in the Main House include four beautifully appointed newly renovated suites with private baths and picturesque bay views. Each room contains a sitting area with a separate sleeping alcove, and comes complete with cable TV. All of our rooms are based on double occupancy, although some rooms can accommodate up to four people. Our rooms reflect the unique architectural style of the Main House with peaked roof lines and sloped ceilings. Our seaside villas which are adjacent to the Main House are ideal for couples or families. Our smaller villas, which sleep two, have a bedroom area and private baths, cable TV, and an indivudual deck with two chairs Our larger villas have one private bedroom, a living room area, private bath, full kitchen, cable TV, and an individual deck with two chairs. These villas sleep up to four people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Inn Spot on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn Spot On The Bay Hotel Hampton Bays
- The Inn Spot On The Bay Hampton Bays, Hamptons, NY