“Wonderful”

Edge Water Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At the Edgewater Restaurant, we're all about the experience. We work really hard to create and maintain a calming, tranquil escape, where you can get away from the annoyances of everyday life and just relax with your company. Here you can choose to lose yourself somewhere between the serene water views and the delicious servings of our expertly crafted food. Diners can choose to dine on the Deck, with a breathtaking view of Shinnecock Bay, or to dine inside, where an assortment of windows tease at the gorgeous view in a more intimate setting. Our staff is here to fulfill your every request, you will find them polite, personable and dedicated to providing you with a memorable experience. Our experienced chefs take great pride in our menu, offering a selection of delightful dishes that are sure to leave you satisfied, including our popular stuffed flounder, delectable pastas and fresh clams. If you seek a vacation without the travel time, come dine with us.
Jamesport
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were a party of four who have been dining together for many years. This was one of the best restaurants we ever ate. The food was wonderful and the staff were attentive and personable. This was a great dining experience. We would recommend the Edge Water to anyone.

• Visited June 2014

Mattituck, New York
“Fabulous meal-fabulous find”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

OMG...WOW. We just happened to stop for dinner at Edge Water and everything was fabulous from start to finish...from our seats,to the bread, to our meals, to our dessert, to our congenial service from bus boy Louis and the wait staff. We each ordered different meals (steak and shrimp, shrimp with risotto , rib-eye steak, and veal saltimboca, plus farro and beat salad) and all we kept saying to each other was "you've got to taste this" as we eagerly sampled each others fare. The unique delightful tastes and presentation of each meal was outstanding and the best we've had in a long time despite being in some very well known restaurants. All meals were excellent but we agreed that the veal saltimboca was the stand-out dish of the night. None of us could finish our ample servings, but we did have room for delicious capacchinos and a shared toasted almond cake dessert that was as fresh and tasty as could be. We will definitely be back and look forward to trying some of the other entrees. If there is any negative, we would say it was the noise level which at times made it hard to hear each others conversations, but the wonderful meals would override that factor.

• Visited June 2014
“Fantastic Resturant in Hampton Bays!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you haven't tried Edge Water Resturant you are truly missing out on some of the best food the Hamptons has to offer. I've now eaten my way through the entire menu and I must say, every dish was as wonderful as I had hoped.
I live out East seasonally, and from Memorial Day to Labor Day, I make every effort to dine there once a week. I've taken guests here and everyone has always been thrilled with my choice.

Enjoy your meal and you must try the Brussels Sprouts! Sensational.

• Visited April 2014
John V, Owner at Edge Water Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
I know it's been a little while since you left this review, but I wanted to say thanks for the kind words! I'm thrilled to hear that every meal with us has lived up to your expectations. It sounds like you might have left our neck of the woods by now, but we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,
John
East Patchogue, New York
“Great food - Great view”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Make sure you get a table by the window so you can enjoy the beautiful view! Also be careful driving here it is very hard to miss and located at a curve in the road. All food was good. I had seafood, by husband had steak. Both choices just perfect!

Visited June 2013
John V, Owner at Edge Water Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
I know it's been a little while since you left this great review, Emily, but I wanted to reach out and thank you for the recommendation! I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy our view and that you both loved what you ordered. I'm looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon.

Best, John
Guildford UK
“Easter in Long Island”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Early evening menu up to 7pm good value and available mid week. Fabulous views over the water. Friendly staff.

Visited April 2014
John V, Owner at Edge Water Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
I know it's been a while since you left this review, Peter, but I wanted to say thanks for stopping in! Glad you got a chance to take in the view. I hope you'll be back to eat with us again soon!

Best, John