“A Wonderful Surprise”

Smith's Colonial Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hancock
Smith's Colonial Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hancock
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Travelled to the Hancock, New York area for our niece's wedding. Most of the lodging required two nights stays and we only needed one night. My sister-in-law found Smith's Colonial Motel on the internet. We took a chance and were very pleasantly surprised. It was clean and modern with a rustic wood feel.. The owners were very nice and meeting their dog, Abby a special treat. The views were super and it provided what we needed. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kckl53
There are newer reviews for Smith's Colonial Motel

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We only spent one night at the Colonial Motel, but we were so pleased. It was incredibly clean and cute. Anyone passing through will enjoy and the owners were too sweet!!! The area is beautiful and really an escape from city life. We will definitely will stop again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lynn c
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My son was visiing his girl friend at camp and needed a place to stay . I called around and the people at the smith colonial were the nicest ! My son loved the motel said it was clean and updated . Highly recommend staying there !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank suelpc
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We were heading back to Long Island from Niagara Falls. There was a big snowstorm and the roads were really bad so we decided to spend one more night upstate. We ate lunch at the Circle E Diner and this place was recommended to us. It was exactly what we needed. Nothing fancy but clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. Hancock is a lovely town. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it. The man who runs this place with his family (I don't remember his name) was very nice, friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Smith's Colonial Motel to anyone staying in Hancock, NY

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

I would suggest that if you are flyfishing any part of the UpperDelaware River system this is the place to stay. Very clean, inexpensive, quiet and close to the rivers. Better accommodation than in Roscoe or Deposit. One drawback is that restaurants in Hancock Don't come close to those in Roscoe.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Little-Tupper
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I really was surprised at how much I liked this place. We needed a place to stay while we attended a wedding nearby. The hosts couldn't have been nicer and the room was old timey but actually everything was new and fresh and very clean with flat screen and wireless and little fridge. We stayed in room 11 which had a lovely view of meadow and river. I would stay there again and just relax and do some river things or hiking. The road is nearby so it was a little noisy that Saturday night with cars going by but I didn't mind and slept very well. Thank you Trudy!

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LindaNewYorkNewYork
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here for a night after leaving another local Inn which was dirty, badly maintained and expensive; What a great move!

This is a small roadside motel very close to Hancock NY and various camps. New owners who are very pleasant and helpful. Perfect place for a visit to the area. Comfortable bed, knotty pine interior, adequate bathroom, good functioning A/C, Flat screen TV and a refrigerator. Really nice sunny room with a great view of the river out the back.
Everything is immaculate, 7 minutes to town; they even have a phone in the room for local calls and excellent wireless internet (which is not a given in these parts)

Perfect for what it is and all you really need

Room Tip: All rooms in a line with same exposure; I doubt there is a bad room in the place. Some have one bed...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Holiday Inn Express Gibson
The Inn at Starlight Lake
The Inn at Starlight Lake
#2 of 2 in Starlight
The Lakewood Lodge & Restaurant

Been to Smith's Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!