“An Adventurous Find for Delicious Smoked Trout”

Delaware Delicacies Smoke House
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Hancock
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 August 2012

It's not a restaurant, it's a place to buy goods. We left with smoked salmon, trout, and honey. We had the smoked trout appetizer @ the Inn at Starlight Lake - so large and delicious - & were told that it came from nearby. The next day my husband went into Hancock NY and asked at a fishing store about where it might have come from. He was given directions and told of the "character" Ray that we'd meet. Have a cooler with you as you need to keep the meats cold. There's a dollar store in Hancock where you could buy one if you don't have anything with you.

8  Thank netherholt

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The eel is great. If you don't like that try the other stuff. Also, very cool location and story behind the food. The owner Ray is a really nice guy when you get TI know him.

4  Thank funebroker
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The smoked goods here are the best I have ever eaten. I even used to smoke my own fish but his really is top notch. The salmon is so tasty! I also really enjoyed the trout and smoked Gouda. It was well worth the trip down the long dirt road. I can not wait to go back and get some more!!!

5  Thank michelle w