“Home Run.........”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hartwick
August Lodge Cooperstown
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hartwick
GreenLeadersGold level
Pennsylvania
“Home Run.........”
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Only 10 minutes from the center of Cooperstown and the must destination Baseball's Hall of Fame...yet so far away. Nestled in the surrounding mountains, the August Lodge is an oasis. New, clean, beautifully appointed and comfortable, what more could you want. Well, add a friendly and helpful staff, recreation center, pool, spa, outdoor grilling and picnic tables. Great for families, too. Room to run and equipped in room kitchenettes to "eat in," settle back and enjoy flat screen television fair. You will not be disappointed. Oh...the mountain air is quite refreshing.
Eric B. Mount Joy, Penna.

Stayed August 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mays Landing, NJ
Reviewed 3 September 2008

As soon as I saw August Lodge on the Cooperstown website, I knew it was the place to stay for our family. The Lodge is situated just out of the hustle and bustle of town, although you are close to everything there is to do in Cooperstown. We enjoyed all of the amenities they had to offer from the wholesome continental breakfasts to the hiking trails around the Lodge. Our children ages 12 & 8 enjoyed the pool, the ping-pong table and the camp fires at night.

• Liked — Central location to all attractions
  • Disliked — Staying on bottom floor, we heard alot of trampling feet about us.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2008

My husband and I stayed here in April for 1 night. We came to Cooperstown to visit the Ommegang Brewery - not for the Baseball. August Lodge was quiet - we were one of maybe 3 families staying there that night. We got an incredible rate for the night - like $80 or something like that. My only complaint is that we were right next to the breakfast room and we could hear the children in the morning. But the rooms are great - very big with all of the amenities. We had an incredible dinner downtown.

• Liked — The rooms were fabulous!
  • Disliked — The walls are really thin!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Northern Va, USA
Reviewed 16 August 2008

Since this is a relatively new lodge, I was anxiously awaiting reviews. I was disappointed to read the bad reviews here and honestly a bit nervous after reading a few of these other reviews. I'm happy to say that I had a totally different experience than I feared, and our stay was perfect. I normally don't write reviews, but wanted to do this for anyone else that might be nervous after those last few reviews.

Our room had a gorgeous view and was exactly what we had hoped for. It was hard to share one room with 5 people, but the lodge was very accomodating with additional bedding, aerobed and extra towels. The room was large enough to have the two queen beds, the chair opened into an additional bed and a large aerobed for my 16 year son. It was crowded, but do-able.

I didn't see any "excessive rules" out of the ordinary hotel rules you see. I appreciated the quiet hours as well - as there were many children there that could have created a lot of noise at night. The best thing all week was the personal attention we received. Several times during the week we required help or attention, and even requested exceptions to certain rules (i.e. we arrived earlier than expected and hoped for an earlier check-in and a few other favors were requested). All requests were honored without hassle. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and like we were their personal guests.

We enjoyed the breakfast - our favorite was the muffins they had -we loved the coffee too. I drank the Hazelnut all week also. The children loved the pool, ping-pong and grassy area in the back with they could play. They enjoyed eating out back and the campfires. I loved the fact that it was so close to Dreams Park!

If we ever return to Cooperstown, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

• Liked — Friendly staff
Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Beautiful setting, serene, fine and extremely comfortable. Highly hospitable staff. We stayed during a Cooperstown week. 12 year old boys can be noisy. And I must say, Jami and Steve did their level best to reason with the families when the teams were present and keep things quiet. Bonfire every night. Great views. Essentially, a fabulous respite from the craziness of the tourney or crowded Cooperstown. Once again, every request made of the staff was amenable to most challenges. If I returned to Cooperstown, with all the other options (some of which I've seen), no doubt I would stay here.

southeast
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Some people on Trip Advisor are posting negative reviews because the August Lodge's owners have rules. I stayed there with two young boys, and we were *thankful* for the rules - it kept the families that wanted to be up all hours somewhat under control. During the summer months, the Lodge is 100% booked by families attending youth baseball tournaments at Cooperstown Dreams Park. IT'S PERFECT FOR THIS. It's less than a mile to the park, but still peaceful and quiet with beautiful mountain views. The daily continental breakfasts are not fine dining, but EXACTLY what you're looking for to grab something quick and substantial on your always-hurried way to an early ballgame. I particularly enjoyed the keurig coffee makers in the lobby - a fresh, hot single cup of coffee anytime you want one - your choice of coffee (mmm, hazelnut). They have a pool with a ping-pong table in the poolhouse, a large grassy area with picnic/cook-out potential, and a fantastic in-ground stone firepit for nightly bonfires surrounded by adirondack chairs. When we were there, some teams had games that ended VERY late, and the families wanted the staff to build them bonfires after midnight - you begin to understand where a negative review might come from: cretins.

• Liked — Mountain Views and Bonfires
  • Disliked — n/a
1 Thank good-for-nothing08
Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Our family stayed at the August Lodge while our son was playing at CDP, as did some other families with our team. It worked out great, we all loved the place. Very convenient, very nice, a great little pool, plenty of fun for the siblings (when we weren't at the fields). We know of a lot of friends that stayed elsewhere that were not all that happy with their accomodations, we'd go back to the August Lodge in a heartbeat.

Stayed August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartwick
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#1 of 9 in Oneonta
The Cooper Inn
The Cooper Inn
#3 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to August Lodge Cooperstown? Share your experiences!