I have stayed at this property over 30 days on business trips over the past 12 months. I have discussed my concerns with management on at least 3 separate occasions but I haven't seen any changes or improvements. The hotel was recently sold to new owners and they claim they are going to do a "complete overhaul and renovation" . But in talking to staff this may not happen until later in the year and will take some time. I'm done. I'll wait till they show me something tangible.
So where to,start? There are so many little annoyances that lead to an overall unsatisfactory stay. I'll just list them:
-Elevators are tied up by housekeeping staff with their carts while guests are trying to get out in the morning. This really ticks me off because this is a problem they could fix right away. Additionally the housekeeping staff won't get out to let the guests in when it stops on your floor after you.ve been waiting 5 minutes.
-The hotel is non-smoking for a few years. However the prior smoking floor (6th floor) still smells like cigarettes. Staff warned me not to stay on this floor if it bothered me which it does. This is the floor with larger King rooms with pullout couches by the way.
-The place is ALWAYS busy. It is right off the Long Island Expressway and the parking can sometimes be areal challenge or when you find a space it will be a walk to the hotel. They have one lot that no one uses because it is too far from the hotel.
-There is inadequate front desk staff. Some of the staff are excellent but unless it's mid-day on a weekday one person can't handle,check ins and check outs, phone calls (both in and outside calls)
And everything else under the sun efficiently. As I said this is a 7 story hotel frequently booked to capacity or near capacity, HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!! There is no excuse for waiting 20 minutes on a weekend to check in.
-All sorts of maintenance problems exist at the hotel. In the past year refrigerators were broken, ceilings leaked, one of the two elevators was down for four days on one stay, fire alarms go off in the middle of the night (false alarms of course), Internet went down, tv reception goes off, parking lot wasn't plowed promptly or well during snow storms, walls were showing peeling and wear, not enough convenient outlets for charging devices (also a simple fix), light shades with stains or holes, the outside awning is rusted and corroded. To be fair not everything happens on every stay but over the past year every one of these complaints were things I have experienced.
It really is getting quite problematic in Hauppauge but why should they rush to fix anything if they continue to sell out? I guess if you stay for a night (as many do) you put up with it and move on. But for business travelers who expect better go elsewhere. This review was along time coming and they need to start paying attention instead of telling people they care but then do nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *The Hotel gust rooms and public space areas are currently under renovations and we expect to be completed by end of April, 2016* Comfort, convenience & hospitality at its best make Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge hotel the right choice for business or leisure travelers visiting Long Island. Located just off 495 the Long Island Expressway, the hotel's location is central to everything, including NYC, Yankee Stadium, Nassau Coliseum, Nikon Theater at Jones Beach & Shea Stadium / Citi Field. Our property is central to Kennedy Airport (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP). Our spacious accommodations & outstanding amenities make being on the road as comfortable as being at home. The 133 guestrooms & suites are tastefully appointed and fully outfitted to serve every traveler's needs. Amenities include microwaves & refrigerators, free high-speed wireless Internet access, hot breakfast buffet, complimentary 24 hour business center, indoor pool, sauna/fitness center, complimentary hotel shuttle & of course free local phone calls. The hotel's great room with its blazing fireplace is the perfect place for meeting informally with colleagues and catching up with old friends. We have 2 meeting rooms to accommodate up to 48 people per room. Stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express, Hauppauge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge Hotel Hauppauge
- Holiday Inn Hauppauge
- Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge New York