Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Smithtown Inn(Smithtown)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenfront desklong islandone bedroom suiteroom was cleanliving room areapool and hot tubyogurtsausage pattieswaffle makerdesk staffbit datedstay there againeach morningconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I find it hard to believe this hotel gets anything less than 4 stars .First of all it very attractive on the outside. It is across the street from the high school track with green fields. Nicer looking at that than looking at fast food restaurants or stores. It is easy to enter from the parking lot also. The lobby is clean and inviting. The staff is friendly. Carolyn, the supervisor was especially very professional and accommodating. The queen suite we had was very clean and very nicely decorated. The pool area was very clean with folded towels on each chair. The pool temperature was warm and comfortable unlike many hotel pools which have cool water. The gym was also very clean with 3 cardio machines with tvs and there were new free weights. Towels were also provided. The breakfast in the morning was great-scramble eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit etc. The breakfast area staff were very attentive and restocked items quickly. There is also a very nice barbeque area . Also, a guest told me the hotel serves complimentary lunch a couple of days a week. The only little negative for us was the elevator which was not close to the lobby, however, once we knew our way around it was not a problem. It was a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nina T
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Nina T,

WOW, thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon. Also, I will be sure to Thank Carolyn for the great customer service.

It is much appreciated.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Well, the family and I are on the road again. We arrived here after a horrendous drive. Brooke checked us in and upgraded us to a two bedroom suite. Much better for the family. They also accommodated our very late checkout. This is a very nice property with indoor pool and hot tub. It has a very nice reception area and breakfast area. Breakfast is the usual residence inn faire. They accept pets for $100 pet fee. There are a great deal of decent restaurants around here, many cool local places. There is plenty of parking, it is well lit, and easy to get to! Highly recommend for their customer service and friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: The back side of hype hotel has an entrance that is not through the lobby. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny K
Dominick T, Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Jenny K,

Thank you so much for the kind remarks about our hotel. Wwe certainly take pride in our customer service and I will share these great comments with the team.

Please reach out to me before your next visit and we will certainly do our best to provide you with another upgrade if available.

Thanks again,
Dominick T.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our group stayed at this property for a local event we had in the area. Issues began from the beginning of the stay. Check in went fine, Brooke took care of us, no issue. However, we entered the room and we found the sofa bed not made up as we requested. We asked for extra towels in the room and of course not completed as well....Okay..let this slide.

We entered the bathroom and my 10 year old son, said to me "Dad, is there supposed to be hair in the tub?"..huh? We went to bed, and knew right away, it was going to be a long night. Mattresses need to be replaced! Broken springs, very soft...good luck getting to bed.

So I urge you, if you can, find an alternative.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank frequeststayer947
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear frequentstayer947,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with my team and we have implemented corrective action steps in regards to your issues.

Our team is dedicated to providing Marriott standards and I am sorry we did not deliver.

I hope we can restore your faith in us in the future, if you do find yourself at our htel again, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dominick T

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I would not stay here again. Room was dirty. Carpet stained and furniture is old. Bed was very uncomfortable. I only stayed one night on business. The location is the only good thing about this hotel. Mattress was very old. I should have slept in my car. Oh.....the TV was broken also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra H
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Debra H,
I am sorry to hear about your stay. We take pride in how our hotel looks and you certainly were not satisfied. I can assure you your comments are not taken lightly and I will be sure to personally inspect this room and correct any issues you mentioned. We would love to have you back. Please let me know when are back in town and please contact me directly to make your reservation. Again, I am sorry about your experience.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Typical Residence Inn with one major exception. Hotel only has queen bedded rooms. Quite a letdown. There is also a pull out couch in the room, but I always find it hard to sleep on a pull out. Staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants and also told us about a very interesting museum.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Madmaxwell48
Dominick T, General Manager at Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Madmaxwell48,

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are correct, our hotel has only Queen size beds. The feedback regarding my staff is always encouraging and I'm so glad they went out of their way to provide you with local area knowledge. Please keep in mind we do have Two Bedroom Suites which can accomodate up to 6 guests. If that is something you need in the future, please dont hesitate to give me a call.

Thanks again for the feedback.