“Great Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had dinner here with four other family members and couldn't have been more pleased. For an appetizer we ordered the mozzarella over eggplant and crabcakes. Both were indescribably delicious. We also had a very good calamari appetizer. The waiter suggested a good moderately priced bottle of wine which we enjoyed. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals - from veal to chicken & shrimp to tuna. A great restaurant in a strip mall of all places.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

good ambiance with all the wine displays all over the place! had the grilled sword fish and it was very delicious...a real Italian place and the staff were all nice and friendly..one of my favorites now after the new year's eve dinner there.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We ate at Cafe La Strada last night and we both had agita by the time we left. We were never so rushed in our lives at a fine dining restaurant. We ordered our wine and then our food. 30 seconds later the salad came out with the bread. We couldn't even enjoy our wine and a piece of bread. We started eating our salad and guess what? Out came the Shrimp fra diavolo. The bus boy went to take the salads away and we told him no and to bring the food back to the kitchen until we were ready. However, in a couple of minutes he was back again to remove the salad and bring the food. After a couple of bites we both had a pain in the middle of our stomachs from rushing. We wrapped the food up and paid the expensive check which was not worth it. We sat in the bar and the manager was 8ft away but did nothing about this. The old manager would have made everything right. Very disappointed.

1  Thank shaney123
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was staying in Hauppauge while attending a conference and this restaurant was recommended by my hotel. I cannot say enough positive things about this place. Old school professional wait staff, generous portions of delicious food and a lovely ambiance. I had the steamed escarole and pasta pescadora. The food was served piping hot, the escarole was mixed with just the right amount of roasted garlic. The seafood was fresh, varied and cooked to perfection; the sauce sublime.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The best Italian food outside of Italy. Unbelievable sauce just like my Italian Grandmas. Best dessert I ever had. I forget the name but it was fresh berries in some sort of cream and liquor. Fried calamari appetizer is the best I ever had. Check out the wine cellar atmosphere. Walls are lined with fine wine for a fine restaurant