We stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights over the July 4th weekend. The staff were all very polite, professional and friendly. The room was what you would expect of a Hyatt - roomy, clean and nicely decorated, with a very nice view of the golf course. This hotel seems to be a good-to spot for events like weddings, conferences, etc, which I totally understand. Unfortunately for us there was some sort of sports conference going on that involved a bevy of teenage boys also staying in the hotel the same time as us. When in view of the staff (or parents) they were well behaved, but once left on their own they were more....mischievous. Running up and down the halls, having what I am guessing to be a game of elevator tag, when about a dozen of them tied up all 3 elevators, riding them up and down, trying to tag each other on different floors. We only got to use the indoor pool once, for about 5 minutes (it is very nice, btw....so warm!) before about 15 of them arrived, with a couple of balls, and proceeded to have a very rowdy game of kill the guy with the ball, in the pool.
The only other thing I would mention is that our bed, for whatever reason, had a mattress cover on it that did not fit the mattress, and the bottom sheet was either on wrong or was too short, and kept getting untucked. This resulted in getting tangled in the bottom sheet anytime you moved and waking up in the morning to find you had slept on the bare mattress. Not very pleasant in a hotel, lol.
Overall it was a very nice Hyatt, though I am not sure I would return there again without checking to see what other events are being hosted at the hotel during those dates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the secret to blending relaxation with endless attractions – discover Hyatt Regency Long Island. Stylishly casual, elegantly inviting, this Long Island New York hotel is a resort-like retreat in the heart of the action. No other Long Island hotel offers so much in such a convenient spot. From our secluded setting just off the LIE, you can tour area wineries, kick back on Jones Beach or Fire Island, gaze at incredible homes in the Hamptons or spend the day in NYC. Within our grounds, you'll find 160 acres filled with championship golf, pools, gorgeous views, irresistible dining, extensive event venues, and luxurious guestrooms with pampering amenities. Uncover this hidden escape at the most unique of hotels in Long Island, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Long Island
- Hyatt Windwatch
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hauppauge, New York