“Very nice Hyatt, lovely setting”

Hyatt Regency Long Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 nights over the July 4th weekend. The staff were all very polite, professional and friendly. The room was what you would expect of a Hyatt - roomy, clean and nicely decorated, with a very nice view of the golf course. This hotel seems to be a good-to spot for events like weddings, conferences, etc, which I totally understand. Unfortunately for us there was some sort of sports conference going on that involved a bevy of teenage boys also staying in the hotel the same time as us. When in view of the staff (or parents) they were well behaved, but once left on their own they were more....mischievous. Running up and down the halls, having what I am guessing to be a game of elevator tag, when about a dozen of them tied up all 3 elevators, riding them up and down, trying to tag each other on different floors. We only got to use the indoor pool once, for about 5 minutes (it is very nice, btw....so warm!) before about 15 of them arrived, with a couple of balls, and proceeded to have a very rowdy game of kill the guy with the ball, in the pool.
The only other thing I would mention is that our bed, for whatever reason, had a mattress cover on it that did not fit the mattress, and the bottom sheet was either on wrong or was too short, and kept getting untucked. This resulted in getting tangled in the bottom sheet anytime you moved and waking up in the morning to find you had slept on the bare mattress. Not very pleasant in a hotel, lol.
Overall it was a very nice Hyatt, though I am not sure I would return there again without checking to see what other events are being hosted at the hotel during those dates.

Room Tip: 10th floor with a view of the golf course but try to get it away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Wendy S-

Thank you for leaving us with such detailed information about your last visit. We are so happy to see you enjoyed your time here, and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The Hotel is certainly really beautiful, and our rooms are truly designed to make for a comfortable and relaxing stay. It is great that you got to experience the indoor pool as well, even if for just fifteen minutes. Both pools (indoor and outdoor) are such great assets to the property! Also, please be aware that we care deeply about your concerns and only want you to have a positive experience. I wish you had contacted me while you were here, as I would have been happy to clear up any issues you faced. Your feedback has been valuable to us and we hope to have you come back and visit us again down the line.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was here for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised. This is quite the hotel. The staff were lovely. Upon checking in, Jessica at the front desk offered a coupon for a free buffet breakfast in the morning. Other staff were very helpful and friendly. The grounds are beautiful with all the expected amenities. Very comfortable bed and room with a desk, chair and ottoman. My only issue was the room's view that overlooked part of the front roof and parking lot - it would be nice to check in to a hotel room with a beautiful view for once without having to ask - but I was only there for one night. Not too big of a deal. I would stay here if in town for business again and maybe then ask for a room with a view.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AMIBelmar
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Aurora I-

Thank you so much for leaving us with such excellent feedback. Our team will be delighted to hear you found them to be lovely and helpful, and it is wonderful that Jessica was able to make such a positive impact on your stay. We will certainly share your kind words with the entire team and recognize them for their efforts. The Hotel grounds are certainly beautiful, and it is wonderful that you enjoyed the amenities offered around the property, and as well as in your room. The next time you come to visit us please do share any preferences your may have regarding your guestroom so we can do our best to accommodate your desires. We would love to have you back again and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the moment we walked in to the time we left, the staff made us feel at home. We had a large group as an out of town baseball team coming in for a tournament and were never treated rudely. They made a lovely conference room available for us so the parents could take a break while the kids roamed the expansive facility. First class hotel with first class service. We will be back!

Room Tip: The higher floors will be less noisy due to the high volume of traffic in the lobby area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank W B
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

W B-

Thank you for the 5 star review you have left about our Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel and staff. It is always great to hear that the hard work and commitment of our team was instrumental in providing you with a positive and memorable stay. We appreciate all of our Guests, and coming in with a large group is no different! It is our pleasure to provide only the best service in the industry to each and every one of our Guests. We are so happy the parents and you enjoyed taking a break in the conference room, and that the kids enjoyed the spacious property. Your kind words about our property and service being first class are truly appreciated, and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked 3 rooms and I had a truly amazing time during my stay.The Hyatt Regency Long Island earned a returning guest.The staff is by far the best that I've experienced,especially Jessica,front desk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SWAG119
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Swag119-

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. It is so nice to hear that you had an amazing experience with us. I appreciate the compliment regarding the staff providing the best service you have ever experienced, it means so much to the team and myself. We would love to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference and found the overall experience to be very good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful during the check in process and offered greetings every time I passed by. The rooms have all of the necessary amenities, the shower has great water pressure, and everything was very clean. This hotel is a bit out of the way if you want to go offsite but there are some nice walking trails nearby and a golf course that I heard was pretty good.

The conference rooms were excellent and the buffets were great. We only ate at the restaurant on our last day and although breakfast was a bit pricey, there was plenty of variety and the food was good.

I don't think I would stay here with the family on vacation due to the location but I did have a good experience during my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bwdowhan
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Bwdowhan-

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with this feedback from your most recent visit. I am so happy that you had a great experience with us. We strive to provide our Guests with a unique experience, and show them true hospitality. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team, and if you ever find yourself back on Long Island we would certainly love to be able to welcome you back.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms are beautiful, I had nice views of the golf course.

The gym was a good size based on the size of the hotel - no waiting for treadmills.

My only complaint would be the price of breakfast. I know most people are on expense but to pay $24 for the buffet and get overcooked eggs isn't my idea of a good breakfast. I next decided to go to a diner where my eggs were cooked perfectly and less than half the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Elly B

Elly B-

Thank you so much for the fantastic review you have left about your last stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your room and the views. We are located in a very beautiful area, and the views of the golf course are gorgeous. I am pleased that you were able to utilize the Fitness Center during your visit. Our Fitness Center was recently remodeled so it is very spacious and the equipment is all new. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding the breakfast with our Food and Beverage Director and our Executive Chef. We hope you come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town!

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Online I requested a suite for my parents, upon checking in the front desk said they were all under construction , but that they would put flowers and wine in their room. Never happened. When I checked into my room, the bathroom was filthy and the toilet was dirty enough to make anyone vomit. I had two rooms, and when I called the front to have it cleaned they never showed. Their excuse was that I gave the wrong room number, but the truth is they never came to either, because if was in the other room. The remedy was to give alcohol vouchers at the bar, with time limits on them. I have to drink on their schedule. The wait staff in the bar was excruciating. On Friday night the bar tender was exceptional, the rest of the weekend horrible. The Breakfast Buffet , I think was to remain open until 11:30 or maybe 11:00 , regardless everything was closed down a half hour before the buffet was supposed to close. BTW the toilet was never cleaned thoroughly, mold in the tub and floors dirty. Phone to call the front desk, filthy with build up. We were on the fourth floor-408, and 410. The stay was April 2014. I stay at Hyatt's all over the world, but this ,well.........Oh yes, I forgot to mention, the front desk that I spoke to the next day to report my parents did not receive their suite or flowers and wine, they had no idea about construction but thought they were all booked. Lied to by the employees, really pitiful. I forgot to mention in the morning when the cleaning staff cleans the rooms, every room the go to the let the door slam on the latches of the rooms they are about to clean so they remain open. DO NOT EXPECT TO GET ANY REST!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Atcg1rl
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Atcg1rl-

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us with your feedback. I like to encourage our Guests’ to always feel free to contact me while they are visiting should they have any pending concerns that need to be resolved. I appreciate knowing about these types of concerns so that I can properly address them. I will be sure to share the items you mentioned in regards to Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and the Front Desk with the appropriate personnel. Our team is completely committed to giving each of our Guests' a positive experience and we hope you give us another chance down the line.

Regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!