“"Wonderful staff, home away from home!"”

Hyatt Regency Long Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were lucky enough to be in touch with Karen Kohn, supervisor of the front desk. She made our stay pleasant and was extremely helpful and kind.

Almost all the staff are very friendly. We met our housekeepers Zoila and Mirta.
Sometimes each housekeeper has up to 27 rooms in one day. This may explain the sometimes rushed cleaning job of the room the 1st day.

We would like to also commend Mary and Henry C. at breakfast. Excellent service, and we asked to sit outside each time. Roberto G. fixed our mini-fridge which unfortunately froze all our organic and home cooked foods for my recovery diet.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were great, but after the staff party (we didn't mind) the outdoor pool floor felt a bit slimy, and the bathrooms still weren't clean at 1 o'clock the next day.

I parked under a tree( disabled zone) and the 2nd night a flock of birds must have roosted the night. What a mess my car was! Maybe there should be a sign that warns about this, because I can't be the first person this happened to.

There are beautiful grounds, plants, tress, and animal. I would rather listen to nature at the pool than the top 40 radio, which the hotel has on during pool hours. Sometimes there is a D-jay, and the radio stays on. This annoyed me, but I am easily annoyed for various health reasons.
It would be a great idea to open the pool bar (maybe only open on week-ends?) for guest convenience, and perhaps the added revenue may help to pay for extra cleaning staff.
We will be going back! Thanks Karen, for the quiet room and consideration you gave us.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor facing the golf course, and the corner room had two windows.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

What an excellent review you have left for us! We truly appreciate the sincere and kind remarks you have left about our staff. It is wonderful to know that Karen, Zoila, Mirta, Henrry, Mary and Huberto had such a positive impact on your stay. We will absolutely recognize them for their efforts!

I am so happy to see you were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub as well! Please note that I have shared your comment about the pool floor with the Engineering team. I can assure you that our Engineers maintain the pool and hot tub daily, and this is one of their prime focuses each day.

Thank you once again for leaving us with such kind words, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt L.I. once a year for the past 4 years on business. They have done a great job working with the staff over this time on their level of friendliness and professionalism. I did not encounter one hotel employee this past stay that was anything other than friendly and accommodating. While the hotel is a little bit older, it is still my number one choice when visiting L.I. I upgraded to an Executive suite this visit for a nominal fee and it was well worth the money. Well done to the management team.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for an Executive suite $23/night? for a golf course view with plenty of room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Rmonterzoe-

Thank you so much for leaving us with this feedback. Our staff is dedicated to giving our Guests the best experience in the industry. We appreciate you sharing such positive remarks about the teams professionalism and friendliness. We are so proud to be the Hotel of your choice when you visit Long Island. We look forward to having you back again very soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

In Long Island for business and had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a couple nights. It's an older property compared to other Hyatt's I have stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful. To me the rooms were a bit cramped as was the bathroom. The work desk is not really setup for your typical business traveler that needs room to work. From what I could tell, the location is not really close to much, suggest you have a car available if you want to explore. I will look for other options on my next trip to LI.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Poinsda-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. I am disappointed to see that your stay did not impress you, and you found our property to be "older". As you can see from previous reviews we just recently renovated the property, and most of our Guests find it to be quite stunning! We also have many excellent features available to our Guests including the large Fitness Center, two swimming pools, a large 18-hole golf course, basketball courts and etc. I also wanted to let you know we are not far from a variety of restaurants, stores/malls, and various routes of transportation (the expressway, the LIRR and the airport). I do appreciate the kind remarks you have left about our staff, and it is great to see you found them to be so helpful and kind. We strive to provide efficient and friendly service! I hope you give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Awesome short term retreat for a quick re-charge. Hotel is more like a resort than just a hotel. Very spacious and wide open. Beautiful vistas and a great outdoor pool. Hotel is on top of high point on Long Island with great views. Beautiful Golf Course and club. The restaurants and wide open and clean and sunny. The clubhouse restaurant has great comfort food and nice people. Just a great place to get away for a couple days and recharge without the hassle of flights, trips, crowds etc.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with northern view to see expansive golf course and long views of long island
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

John V-

Thank you so much for leaving us with such positive feedback! It is great to see you loved staying with us, and found our property to be very spacious, beautiful and clean. We definitely have a beautiful property, with great food, plenty to do and a super dedicated staff. Our top priority is to give you a wonderful experience, and it seems we were able to do just that. We hope you visit us again very soon, we would love to have you back!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

So I'm at the hotel right now and everything has been a bit off. When I call the front desk no one answers. When I call room service no one answers. I call guest relations and they transfer me to a line no one answers. Room service called me back an hour later last night at 11:35pm just to tell me it would be nearly an hour wait.

I wanted to go down and grab a bloody mary right now but the bar was closed and there was no where else. On top of that, I was supposed to be playing golf right now but the pro shop messed up my reservation and wouldn't even squeeze a two-some in even though it was their fault.

The rooms are so-so, the pool area is so-so, the layout sucks. You have to go all the way around to get to the only stack of Elevators. The place clearly was not designed in the intention of having guests.

Went to the "restaurant" this morning since room service didn't answer. It was $44 for two people at a very average at best buffet. Not terrible pricing but certainly not good for the quality.

Sorry, just can't see anything good about this place. Go elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank ralf690
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Ralf690-

We appreciate you leaving us with this feedback. It is disappointing to see your experience was less then ideal. I have shared your concerns regarding the phones and the restaurant with the Managers, and please know that we will look into this. I can assure you our staff is completely dedicated to our Guests, and we strive to provide excellent, friendly and rapid service.

In regard to the concerns you mentioned about the layout of the Hotel, I apologize that you found it to be inconvenient and that you could not see anything good about this property. This is disappointing because our Hotel was beautifully renovated recently, and done so with the intention of pleasing each of our Guests. Many of our Guests find the hotel and property to be stunning, as you can see from previous reviews. Not only do we provide large Guestrooms to our Guests, but our two beautiful pools are lovely for Guests who enjoy swimming and relaxing. We maintain our pools thoroughly, and the indoor/outdoor option is great- as any inclement weather will not prevent a Guest from being able to utilize this amenity. We also have plenty of other great features, including our brand new fitness center, the basketball courts, the 18-hole golf course and etc. We have all of these features because we never want you to leave feeling as though your experience was sub-par.

Rest assured we take all of our Guest’s feedback very seriously. This feedback allows us to improve the overall quality of service that is provided to our Guests. Thank you again and we hope you give us another chance down the line.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt 4 times before. I'm not very happy with this particular hotel. My reunion committee chose this hotel and I am very disappointed. I've had screw ups with my reservations and my rates. I expected a lot more from the Hyatt. There was no overwhelming urge to correct the problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank shauna s

Shauna S-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. It is disappointing to see you had troubles regarding your reservations. We do our best to provide our Guests with excellent service, and to assist with any specific concerns or needs, as rapidly as possible. I will certainly send you a direct message in order to find out more details regarding your last visit with us. We are dedicated to providing a fantastic stay, and we want you to have a relaxing and positive experience with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My partner and I spent the 4th of July at the Hyatt. We checked in early and although weather wasn't great we went to the gym, bar etc,, staff was friendly and really took good care of us. The next day was beautiful and we spent it at the outdoor pool. Surprisingly busy but fun for sure. It was a great day and a nice little getwaway. For the holiday weekend the rates weren't that bad either I think we paid about 289,, pretty good considering chezzy motels in Montauk were $499 !!
I liked the Hyatt and we may return for a winter break in 2015 ! Enjoy .. PS- Great golf but we didn't use the course.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Joopola-

It is so nice to see you were able to spend the 4th of July weekend with us. Although the weather was not the best, I am glad you were able to utilize the fitness center, go to the bar and enjoy the service you received from our team. While the weather on the 4th was not the best, it is great that you got to experience the beautiful weather on the 5th and even took advantage of the outdoor pool- what a great way to spend the holiday weekend! We really appreciate your kind comments about your most recent visit and we would love to have back again for Winter Break as well!

Jeff Rostek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!