We were lucky enough to be in touch with Karen Kohn, supervisor of the front desk. She made our stay pleasant and was extremely helpful and kind.
Almost all the staff are very friendly. We met our housekeepers Zoila and Mirta.
Sometimes each housekeeper has up to 27 rooms in one day. This may explain the sometimes rushed cleaning job of the room the 1st day.
We would like to also commend Mary and Henry C. at breakfast. Excellent service, and we asked to sit outside each time. Roberto G. fixed our mini-fridge which unfortunately froze all our organic and home cooked foods for my recovery diet.
The outdoor pool and hot tub were great, but after the staff party (we didn't mind) the outdoor pool floor felt a bit slimy, and the bathrooms still weren't clean at 1 o'clock the next day.
I parked under a tree( disabled zone) and the 2nd night a flock of birds must have roosted the night. What a mess my car was! Maybe there should be a sign that warns about this, because I can't be the first person this happened to.
There are beautiful grounds, plants, tress, and animal. I would rather listen to nature at the pool than the top 40 radio, which the hotel has on during pool hours. Sometimes there is a D-jay, and the radio stays on. This annoyed me, but I am easily annoyed for various health reasons.
It would be a great idea to open the pool bar (maybe only open on week-ends?) for guest convenience, and perhaps the added revenue may help to pay for extra cleaning staff.
We will be going back! Thanks Karen, for the quiet room and consideration you gave us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the secret to blending relaxation with endless attractions – discover Hyatt Regency Long Island. Stylishly casual, elegantly inviting, this Long Island New York hotel is a resort-like retreat in the heart of the action. No other Long Island hotel offers so much in such a convenient spot. From our secluded setting just off the LIE, you can tour area wineries, kick back on Jones Beach or Fire Island, gaze at incredible homes in the Hamptons or spend the day in NYC. Within our grounds, you'll find 160 acres filled with championship golf, pools, gorgeous views, irresistible dining, extensive event venues, and luxurious guestrooms with pampering amenities. Uncover this hidden escape at the most unique of hotels in Long Island, New York. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Long Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Hauppauge
- Hyatt Long Island
- Hyatt Windwatch
- Hyatt Regency Long Island Hauppauge, New York