“Decent Hotel to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hauppauge
New Jerzy, USA
“Decent Hotel to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel due to a wedding happening nearby. Overall I was ok with staying here. It did feel a little cramped. I'm usually booking a competitor but wife wanted to stay here with her friends at the same venue. The staff was friendly and parking was not an issue. There was this smell in the hallway but was gone in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Nitesurfer1-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. We are happy to see that you opted to stay with us on your last visit, as you were going to a wedding nearby. I am pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly, and that you also got to enjoy the free and spacious parking as well. We try to provide excellent amenities, as well as fast and friendly service to each of our Guests. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in town. We have a lot of different amenities that we offer here at the Hyatt, such as our large fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, basketball courts, Restaurant, 18-hole golf course and more!

Jeff Rostek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were lucky enough to be in touch with Karen Kohn, supervisor of the front desk. She made our stay pleasant and was extremely helpful and kind.

Almost all the staff are very friendly. We met our housekeepers Zoila and Mirta.
Sometimes each housekeeper has up to 27 rooms in one day. This may explain the sometimes rushed cleaning job of the room the 1st day.

We would like to also commend Mary and Henry C. at breakfast. Excellent service, and we asked to sit outside each time. Roberto G. fixed our mini-fridge which unfortunately froze all our organic and home cooked foods for my recovery diet.

The outdoor pool and hot tub were great, but after the staff party (we didn't mind) the outdoor pool floor felt a bit slimy, and the bathrooms still weren't clean at 1 o'clock the next day.

I parked under a tree( disabled zone) and the 2nd night a flock of birds must have roosted the night. What a mess my car was! Maybe there should be a sign that warns about this, because I can't be the first person this happened to.

There are beautiful grounds, plants, tress, and animal. I would rather listen to nature at the pool than the top 40 radio, which the hotel has on during pool hours. Sometimes there is a D-jay, and the radio stays on. This annoyed me, but I am easily annoyed for various health reasons.
It would be a great idea to open the pool bar (maybe only open on week-ends?) for guest convenience, and perhaps the added revenue may help to pay for extra cleaning staff.
We will be going back! Thanks Karen, for the quiet room and consideration you gave us.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor facing the golf course, and the corner room had two windows.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
What an excellent review you have left for us! We truly appreciate the sincere and kind remarks you have left about our staff. It is wonderful to know that Karen, Zoila, Mirta, Henrry, Mary and Huberto had such a positive impact on your stay. We will absolutely recognize them for their efforts!

I am so happy to see you were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub as well! Please note that I have shared your comment about the pool floor with the Engineering team. I can assure you that our Engineers maintain the pool and hot tub daily, and this is one of their prime focuses each day.

Thank you once again for leaving us with such kind words, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt L.I. once a year for the past 4 years on business. They have done a great job working with the staff over this time on their level of friendliness and professionalism. I did not encounter one hotel employee this past stay that was anything other than friendly and accommodating. While the hotel is a little bit older, it is still my number one choice when visiting L.I. I upgraded to an Executive suite this visit for a nominal fee and it was well worth the money. Well done to the management team.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for an Executive suite $23/night? for a golf course view with plenty of room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rmonterzoe-

Thank you so much for leaving us with this feedback. Our staff is dedicated to giving our Guests the best experience in the industry. We appreciate you sharing such positive remarks about the teams professionalism and friendliness. We are so proud to be the Hotel of your choice when you visit Long Island. We look forward to having you back again very soon!

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

In Long Island for business and had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a couple nights. It's an older property compared to other Hyatt's I have stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful. To me the rooms were a bit cramped as was the bathroom. The work desk is not really setup for your typical business traveler that needs room to work. From what I could tell, the location is not really close to much, suggest you have a car available if you want to explore. I will look for other options on my next trip to LI.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Poinsda-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. I am disappointed to see that your stay did not impress you, and you found our property to be "older". As you can see from previous reviews we just recently renovated the property, and most of our Guests find it to be quite stunning! We also have many excellent features available to our Guests including the large Fitness Center, two swimming pools, a large 18-hole golf course, basketball courts and etc. I also wanted to let you know we are not far from a variety of restaurants, stores/malls, and various routes of transportation (the expressway, the LIRR and the airport). I do appreciate the kind remarks you have left about our staff, and it is great to see you found them to be so helpful and kind. We strive to provide efficient and friendly service! I hope you give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Hauppauge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Awesome short term retreat for a quick re-charge. Hotel is more like a resort than just a hotel. Very spacious and wide open. Beautiful vistas and a great outdoor pool. Hotel is on top of high point on Long Island with great views. Beautiful Golf Course and club. The restaurants and wide open and clean and sunny. The clubhouse restaurant has great comfort food and nice people. Just a great place to get away for a couple days and recharge without the hassle of flights, trips, crowds etc.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with northern view to see expansive golf course and long views of long island
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
John V-

Thank you so much for leaving us with such positive feedback! It is great to see you loved staying with us, and found our property to be very spacious, beautiful and clean. We definitely have a beautiful property, with great food, plenty to do and a super dedicated staff. Our top priority is to give you a wonderful experience, and it seems we were able to do just that. We hope you visit us again very soon, we would love to have you back!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

So I'm at the hotel right now and everything has been a bit off. When I call the front desk no one answers. When I call room service no one answers. I call guest relations and they transfer me to a line no one answers. Room service called me back an hour later last night at 11:35pm just to tell me it would be nearly an hour wait.

I wanted to go down and grab a bloody mary right now but the bar was closed and there was no where else. On top of that, I was supposed to be playing golf right now but the pro shop messed up my reservation and wouldn't even squeeze a two-some in even though it was their fault.

The rooms are so-so, the pool area is so-so, the layout sucks. You have to go all the way around to get to the only stack of Elevators. The place clearly was not designed in the intention of having guests.

Went to the "restaurant" this morning since room service didn't answer. It was $44 for two people at a very average at best buffet. Not terrible pricing but certainly not good for the quality.

Sorry, just can't see anything good about this place. Go elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank ralf690
LIHyatt-GM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Long Island, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Ralf690-

We appreciate you leaving us with this feedback. It is disappointing to see your experience was less then ideal. I have shared your concerns regarding the phones and the restaurant with the Managers, and please know that we will look into this. I can assure you our staff is completely dedicated to our Guests, and we strive to provide excellent, friendly and rapid service.

In regard to the concerns you mentioned about the layout of the Hotel, I apologize that you found it to be inconvenient and that you could not see anything good about this property. This is disappointing because our Hotel was beautifully renovated recently, and done so with the intention of pleasing each of our Guests. Many of our Guests find the hotel and property to be stunning, as you can see from previous reviews. Not only do we provide large Guestrooms to our Guests, but our two beautiful pools are lovely for Guests who enjoy swimming and relaxing. We maintain our pools thoroughly, and the indoor/outdoor option is great- as any inclement weather will not prevent a Guest from being able to utilize this amenity. We also have plenty of other great features, including our brand new fitness center, the basketball courts, the 18-hole golf course and etc. We have all of these features because we never want you to leave feeling as though your experience was sub-par.

Rest assured we take all of our Guest’s feedback very seriously. This feedback allows us to improve the overall quality of service that is provided to our Guests. Thank you again and we hope you give us another chance down the line.

Regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt 4 times before. I'm not very happy with this particular hotel. My reunion committee chose this hotel and I am very disappointed. I've had screw ups with my reservations and my rates. I expected a lot more from the Hyatt. There was no overwhelming urge to correct the problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank shauna s
Shauna S-

Thank you for leaving us with this feedback. It is disappointing to see you had troubles regarding your reservations. We do our best to provide our Guests with excellent service, and to assist with any specific concerns or needs, as rapidly as possible. I will certainly send you a direct message in order to find out more details regarding your last visit with us. We are dedicated to providing a fantastic stay, and we want you to have a relaxing and positive experience with us.

Jeff Rostek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauppauge
Islandia Marriott Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge

Been to Hyatt Regency Long Island? Share your experiences!