“Love this place”

Cuisines: American, Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service, great food!!! My favorite place to eat in Rockland County. I've eaten here dozens of times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great restaurant in the middle of Haverstraw. Great service, fresh delicious meals and dessert so yummy I nearly went for a 2nd. I have been here on date night, lunch and just drinks with the girls. All great experiences!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We went with friends who have been many times. We were greeted and seated quickly. We had a reservation. The service was quick and the food was good.We had the pork chop, the salmon and 2 of us had the short ribs. All was great. Large servings so no room for dessert. There is live music so it is louder than most restaurants. But it is a fun place. My husband went up to the singer/piano player to give him a tip and ask a question, my husband plays jazz piano. The next thing he knew he was entertaining the restaurant with his lovely jazz !! He played several tunes and then they did some two piano things…it was great fun and ended the evening on a very fun note.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

What a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or a fun friendly gathering. The food was incredible. Each dish was so flavorful and beautifully presented. I had ordered the Ceviche appetizer which was delicious. It was loaded with shrimp. The soup of the day which was ordered by others potato leek was exceptional as well. For the entree I had ordered the cuban skirt steak. It was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The plantains, rice and black beans were exceptional as well. I tasted the salmon that was ordered at my table as well and that was also very fresh and flavorful. My daughter ordered the spinach dumplings which she said were very good too. The sangria is a must. so fruity and yummy. Our server was so accommodating and friendly which rounded out the entire experience to have been top notch. We will go back again for sure.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been to the Union twice in the last month and both times it seems like this restaurant is losing it's focus. The food is good but the dishes are redundant. The Paella I ordered was so watery I was surprised. The wine list is well boring and the glass I had was so warm it was almost undrinkable. Bread was almost stale. Fly's were in the main dining room. Sad because this place used to be top notch. Don't get me wrong it's still good but no longer great in my estimation.

1  Thank jvdNewYork