“Excellent food and Good Service”
Review of Civile's Venice on the Hudson - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Overall this is an excellent restaurant. I have visited many times and have never had any problem whatsoever. The food is very good, the views of the hudson are amazing and the service is generally impeccable. I have visited the restaurant in a setting as a couple and also with a large group of friends and family. All the plates are excellent but I haven't found any that are outstanding, I prefer this to other restaurants which have one amazing dish and everything else is mediocre. I believe this is a hidden gem and well worth going out of your way for. I normally would not give an Italian restaurant so high of a rating, however this place really earned it.

1  Thank Escano777

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Was very excited with all the great reviews the restaurant received- so my husband and I decided to give it a try. Great Hudson river views and terrace seating but the greatness stops there!! After almost 25 minutes of sitting there with glasses Of water and bread from the busboy- NOBODY came to our table!!!! There was about ten bus boys milling around but no waiters. Frustrated and hungry we decided to get our own menus- still no one came. So we decided to leave!!! Not one of the bus boys stopped us. My husband went up to the hostess and told them they didn't know how to run a business. She begged us to stay and said- free cocktails and you get our best waiter. Ummmm ok??? Sorry but no thanks. Disgusted.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

A fabulous restaurant ON the Hudson. Wonderful views right on the waterfront. The food was cooked to perfection, We started out with Roasted paper, basil and mozzarella. The cheese was so fresh and creamy inside (I had similar mozzarella only in Italy!). My husband had an arugula, beet and goat cheese salad. I had shrimp parm with a side of angel hair (terriffic sauce!) and Husband had salmon over wilted greens. Montapucciano wine, tartufo (vanilla and choc icecream with a hard shell coating and whipped cream on the sides. Also had homemade tiramisu. The service was impeccable and the owner charming and attentive also. We came there early on a beautiful evening.

1  Thank fuel4all
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This wonderful establishment was recommended by me by a friend who stumbled on it while traveling along a route near the hudson river. We lucked out mid 70's sunny, and a nice seat outside. It wasn't a very busy day when we arrived but soon it filled and a party moved in later in the afternoon. We arrived at around 12, and we left after 5!

We sat down, the owner greeted us. After a brief conversation he told us just to sit back and relax and took care of the rest.

We eat about everything so we let him take control.

He picked the wine, the appetizer, the pasta, the dessert. We didn't order a thing. It was very special experience but I don't think this can happen, however there is a menu, and I bet everything in this place is amazing.

The service was five stars. The pricing was what we expected. The food was outstanding, fresh, and cooked to perfection. Just a run down of some things we ate. I do not remember the wine names, but I am sure they will guide you in the right direction. Make sure you stop by. The owner, and staff make sure everything is perfect. I saw him handing out sun glasses and jackets. It was truly impressive. The owner appears to love what he does and the people who visit. I was told in the winter they are open on the weekends only, which makes this a perfect off season place to go as well.

We had, (don't know what it was called) roasted potato with hot peppers, mozzarella and tomato in an home made vinaigrette, italian salad, meatball with marinara, pasta in a plum tomato sauce, filet mignon, red snapper grilled, and biscotti and strawberries for dessert. Ended with a nice cup of coffee and a great memory of a beautiful afternoon. Remember we didn't plan on staying that long.

Again do not pass this up. See you again soon!

1  Thank kazu79
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A great location on the water, but more importantly a warm welcome, attentive service and excellent food.

1  Thank Dickson77