“O.k. Food But Not Worth The Service Wait” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, French, Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Michigan City, Indiana
“O.k. Food But Not Worth The Service Wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Went on a Saturday night and the service was slow, the kitchen was slow and the food was only O.K. The prices re comparable to NYC but the crowded tables and noise level make it less of a value. When asked where our over due meal were, were told they being plated, and still had to wait 10 more minutes for our dinners.,

• Visited April 2013

Grafenwoehr
“Eat at McGuire's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Worth the drive down from West Point for a birthday dinner. More than what I had envisioned as simply an oyster/ale house, this was cozy yet bustling. The menu was varied and refined, with nice seasonal specials. The beer selection was unique and tasty. The raw bar app selection was what we came for, but the entrees were filling and tasty. Above all, the service here is what we have come to hope for...always anticipating needs, versed, patient, well uniformed and cordial. And as with better establishments, there were many "compliments of the chef" offerings that encouraged our return. We looked at many places before betting on this one...we're happy we did - Eat at McGuire's!

• Visited April 2013
Dutchess County, New York
“Entrees are excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Dined here with friends on a Friday night in March 2013. Parking is a nightmare. You get stuck with Valet because thats all you can do. It was crowded and loud and we were really squeezed in tight. Not very comfortable. Service was EXTREMELY slow. Had to ask for the waitress twice. She just disappeared to often. Getting bar refills was painstakingly slow. We waited 20 minutes for 4 drinks (one was ice tea) and then 25 minutes for the next round of 2. Appetizers came out one at a time so everyone who ordered hot plates had to wait until the cold plates arrived, and it arrived last. Their hot wasn't so hot once we were all served. I had shrimp which was small and tasteless. I did expect more than 7 for the price or at least larger shrimp. Everyone else LOVED their choices: hot dogs, oysters and fried brie.
My husband was the only one who didn't care for his entree. He ordered the pasta with lobster. He ate what he could and left the rest. Even though they put it into a doggie bag, he left it.
Two if us had the short ribs which weren't at all short but one large rib and it was so delicious! And filling. Potatoes could use some help but the rib was scrumptious. The 4th plate was ravioli which was also very good.
Two had the sorbet for dessert but didn't finish it. They said it was bland. I had the flourless chocolate cake which wasn't that good either and I also ordered Irish Coffee which left me wondering what it really was.
Overall the entrees were excellent but nothing else fared so well. I'd go back but only for dinner and later in the evening. We had 7 PM reservations and when we left, around 9, it had cleared out a bit. So later is better than earlier. Maybe the service picks up then also.

• Visited March 2013
NY
“awesome gem in the village!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

Dined here during Restaurant Week. Always heard great things about it, so glad I tried it! Food was delicious, service very good. Will definitely go back!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

My friends treated me to dinner at McGuire's. I had the Beer Battered Cod with French Fries and Remoulade Sauce which was delicious. I got a sample of the light beer to try which was very good. It was a great experience. I will definitely go back again!

• Visited January 2013