“A Great Place in the Southern Hudson Rive Valley”
Review of Bricktown Inn

Bricktown Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Haverstraw B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We spent a night at the Bricktown Inn while traveling through the Hudson River Valley. Beautiful home, nice room, great hosts, good breakfast. Yes, it is close to the train tracks but the train never woke us up and if you need them there are earplugs in the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stan J
There are newer reviews for Bricktown Inn

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our second stay here at the Bricktown Inn. We love this bed and breakfast. It is very elegant, yet comfortable. It is also very clean which is important to us. Our favorite room is the Peck room. We love the back sitting room with the refrigerator, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fabulous homemade chocolate chip cookies. It is a great place to visit. The breakfast was very good. I enjoyed the homemade scones and apple compote. My husband enjoyed the poached eggs on toast. Innkeepers Joe and Michelle are so hospitable and go out of their way to make you comfortable. They are very detail oriented and make your stay so enjoyable. My husband and I always stay at B&Bs when we are traveling. This one tops the list!

Room Tip: Our personal favorite is the Peck room. I like the bed and the décor. I like the large, private bath...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee N
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Michelle and Joe were so kind and gracious to my husband and in-laws on our recent visit. We had to leave VERY early on Sat. morning and we still were served the complete(and delicious!!) breakfast in plenty of time. The baked goods are wonderful and available throughout the day. Front porch and back garden are great for relaxation and visiting. Our rooms(the Archer and Allison) were clean, cool and beds comfortable. The bathrooms in these rooms are quite narrow and the showers small. The train tracks are close but the whistle did not bother us. It was about a 30 minute drive to West Point where we were visiting.

Room Tip: I did peek in the Peck room and the bathroom was large. The room with the two single beds has a non...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momlubo
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is a lovely B&B. It is beautifully decorated, homey and has many extra amenities that help make a person feel welcome. The Bricktown B & B will be our home away from home when we come back to the area!

• Stayed: September 2013
Thank debadebk@aol.com
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was a beautiful B & B on a well established street. My husband loved the freight train that passed just behind the house. I loved all the old décor. The old stove was a very nice touch.
Michelle was very nice and helpful with dinner suggestions. We walked down to town, and maybe it was just me. But I did not feel very comfortable walking around down there.
We had planned on having dinner in town, but chose to walk back and drive elsewhere for dinner. I might be unfairly giving the town a bad rap. So please don't judge just my opinion.
I would go back just to stay at this B & B again, I loved it that much. It is beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KandBsALT
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our family all needed a place to feel "at home in" last week. And the Bricktown Inn proved to be just that place. Ten of us had time to sit around in the comfortable, impeccably clean sitting room, talking about family history, sharing family stories, and enjoying each other's company. A regular hotel would never have given us the opportunity for such a level of relaxed comfort in which to enjoy each other.

The beds were superbly comfortable, and breakfast just hit the spot. Joe and Michelle went out of their way to make our stay as perfect as possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Michelle and Joe were just lovely- they knew I was in town for a wake and funeral- and went all out to make me feel at home- offering the parlour and huge porch to sit with guests after the wake, giving me directions, leaving a carafe of good sherry in my room.
It's a very beautifully restored property, with modern bathrooms and lovely comfortable rooms. They leave baskets of toiletries and earplugs (it is just blocks away from a rail crossing, so some would need those) , nice thirsty robes, serve a delicious free breakfast, and treat every single visitor like old friends.
There is a piano room with a parlour, and a beautiful TV room with a minibar and snacks available, and panoramic view of the garden out back, all beautifully maintained. In better weather, I could have used the back patio too. All that common space made me think it would be a great spot for a family reunion. Loads of small, personal touches like bowls of M&M's and cashews and the sherry made it even more welcoming. Booking directly saved me money, and there was a small bereavement discount as well.
If I ever need to stay in the area again, I would chose it in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bettyellen16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverstraw
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown

Been to Bricktown Inn? Share your experiences!