“Excellent weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hector
Inn at Chateau LaFayette Reneau
Ranked #2 of 2 Hector B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This past weekend Mark and I stayed at the Inn at Chateau LaFayette Reneau. It has been 5 years that we have stayed at the Inn during Nascar race weekend and we look forward to our visit and seeing Lori every time. Lori is a wonderful inn keeper. The breakfast is delicious every time. Lori always has fresh fruit and a different selection every morning. Coffee is awesome and wow to her "treats" which are there in the afternoon and evening.......thank you Lori. The house is very comfortable and clean. Lori has beautiful pots with flowers outside and on the back deck, which is very lovely. Lori is always a pleasure to see and talk with.
Thank you again for everything Lori! Mark and I hope to see you again next year! Carol and Mark Prokay, Butler PA

Room Tip: The Inn is located right in the center of the wineries, actually, part of a winery although separate...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We showed up at Inn at Chateau LaFayette Reneau in May to attend a wedding, after we had booked our room eight months in advance, paid for it via credit card in advance, and had received their written confirmation of our reservation, only to find they had lost our booking. This was on the same weekend as college graduation nearby, so every hotel and B&B was booked solid. They never apologized, they kept pushing us off so they could show the place to someone trying to book a wedding, and couldn't find a manager to help us for a solid hour. They offered to pay us the cost of wherever else we booked and reimburse us, but only if we sent them a copy of their charge later. They found us a room half an hour away, which wasn't acceptable as it was too far from the wedding, but luckily another wedding guest cancelled elsewhere at the last minute and we could take their reservation. The manager of the Inn agreed she would pay the cost of the other location, up to a certain amount. After we returned home and sent them documentation, they reimbursed us for our booking deposit, but nothing else. They have repeatedly told us they will still reimburse us for the extra costs we incurred, but have never done so. As far as I am concerned, they are cheating us and are not trustworthy.

Don't stay here. In addition to being incompetent and possibly causing you hundreds of dollars in additional fees, you will likely find that the Inn is not a very nice one, as these reviews state.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for our 10yr anniversary and I must say that we were pleasantly surprised. The house is super clean and Lori (the inn keeper) was extremely pleasant. She made great fresh food every morning and even accommodated the vegan couple. She was extremely knowledgable on the area and was quick to interact when she was addressed otherwise she quietly exited the room to leave the couples to enjoy their breakfast and company.
I highly recommend the Chateau to anyone looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Our 2nd time back - while a bit dated, it's a comfortable,clean place with a wonderful view and a hearty breakfast. Don't know what others complained about the food - it was always freshly made and hot - the aromas filled the inn. We had 2 totally different breakfasts that were very tasty, including the coffee. Lori always asked if everything was to our satisfaction. If she seemed quiet we felt it was because she was more worried about what she was doing as opposed to socializing with us. She seemed to respect our privacy while fulfilling our needs. When we did ask about the area, she was eager to share menus from local restaurants. Other guests were return visitors as well and seemed quite content. We will go back a 3rd time without question.

Room Tip: Pinot NOir room - has direct access to the deck.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This Inn is connected to an award winning winery with a beautiful view of the vineyards and lake. The wine is great, and the people are friendly. This was our second stay here in the last few months, and we plan to return. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms are very clean. Lori is the breakfast lady/innkeeper. She will prepare your breakfast anyway you like it. I read other comments about Lori not being friendly enough, but we found her to be very nice, and enjoyed visiting with her. I wasn't very concerned about how friendly the innkeeper is because I didn't go there looking for someone to talk to. I brought my friends with me. I like that the Inn isn't occupied by the owners (like a B&B). We had a great time meeting with the other guests in the 2 living rooms and deck. I guess they ask us to use the slippers to try to keep the place clean. The parking area is not paved so it it is easy to track in mud. Not an issue for me. We found the bedding to be comfortable as well. We also had control over the thermostat which was nice. The short story is that this place is clean, comfortable, affordable, and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lake view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wine-guy13413
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this inn several times a year over the past five years. We have family in the area and this has been a very reasonably priced and comfortable place for us to stay. We've stayed in other places in the area, and have found the Inn to be the best value. Thanks to Lori, the current innkeeper, the place is spotless. Cleanliness is very important to me when I travel, and Lori keeps this place gleaming. Unlike the other reviewer I've always found the beds to be very comfortable. In fact, my husband and I generally comment about what good matresses they have. Over the years, I think we've stayed in each of the rooms at least once. I've always found the pillows adequate, but I think that is a very personal thing. I've stayed in very high end B & B's and hotels and have not liked the pillows (I'm used to my own).The breakfasts are generally plentiful but simple fare - bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, or french toast. You won't leave hungry.
I'm a bit surprised by the negative reviews on this site. I think the problem is not with the Inn and not with Lori, but rather with expectations. This is not an owner occupied B & B. You should be clued in to that when they tell you to check in at the winery or if you're going to be late where you can get the key. Perhaps the person taking the reservations should be clearer about this. If you stay here you will not have someone fussing over you or making dinner reservations for you. You will not have someone right there if you have a question. You will not find beautiful antiques - although I find the 1930's/1940's bedroom sets to be rather charming. You will not be greeted at the house or shown to your room. What you will get is one of the most beautiful views on Seneca Lake. In good weather, breakfast on the deck overlooking the lake is fabulous. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. The staircase and the hardwood floors are lovely. We also think that Lori is an asset. It's disturbing to read these reviews where people are personally attacking her. I have to wonder how they interacted with her. She is an employee - not the owner. Some things are out of her control - like the fact that no one lives on site to welcome guests or that she gets a day off now and then. We've thoroughly enjoyed talking with Lori during our visits and have always found her to be friendly and accommodating. She even sent us home this past visit with half of a freshly baked applesauce cake. I have to wonder how the other reviewers treated Lori - sometimes you get what you give. As for her tattoo - have you looked at half of the people under 50? They're all sporting tattoos. Why is this even relevant in a review about an inn? Again, it seems like the other reviewers were unhappy that this is not an owner occupied B & B and are taking it out on Lori. If you are looking for the full B & B experience, this is probably not the place for you. If you're looking for a very clean, comfortable and quiet place to stay with a great view that is reasonably priced, then I recommend this Inn. We've never had a bad experience here, but then when we travel we often rent houses and apartments so we're used to fending for ourselves. If you want to be waited on, pay 50% more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ConstantGardener
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed at Chateau LaFayette Reneau B & B for the first time, but stayed around Seneca Lake many times before. Very nice house, and clean rooms but as others explained a little odd. No we did not use the slippers, we took our shoes off... in the morning. Place was wide open so anyone can walk in. Lori was a stick in the mud and breakfast was pancakes, dried out bacon coffee and juice. Bad coffee to boot. Her neck tattoos were appealing also. No bar soap in the shower just shampoo, not a deal breaker but....ya know. Can't really say anything bad about the place, but not what you would expect from a B & B. I am sure there are better B&B's to stay around Seneca. View was great though, and the wine at Chateau LaFayette Reneau is some of the best around the lake.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sathb

Been to Inn at Chateau LaFayette Reneau? Share your experiences!