“Great food at great price”

Mi Tierrita Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 62 Restaurants in Hempstead
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Established in 1999 We are a Colombian Family Restaurant proudly serving customers since 1999. Our recipes are from our Grandparents' kitchen and ever since we opened, it has been a team effort. From our Chef all the way to our Dishwashers and Wait Staff, our restaurant is run with dedication and honest hard work. While being a Colombian Restaurant, we embrace the Latin Culture and that's why you'll find diversity among our staff. By the same token, our clientele comes from an array of races and cultures and we feel proud and grateful of this fact.Our forte is home-made recipes. Our specialties include Rotisserie Chicken, the best rice and beans you've ever tasted, succulent Churrasco among other tasty dishes.Come by and check us out if you haven't already and fall in love with the best comfort food Colombia has to offer.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I've been to Mi Tierrita many times all the food is really good. Most of there dishes have a plate of white rice and beans delicious . The price is good . You get large portions there is always food left over to take home. The service is good but I have to it use to be even better before.i like the traditional look they give with decorations.

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

This is a restaurant that is known for chicken and big platters. However I was disappointed with the shredded steak . I should have known and stayed with what they are good for. Next time chicken.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I won't recomend this place to anyone. The waitress that was serving me, conviniently forgot to bgive me my $60 change. After I complained to the managment about it and they just covered up among eachother. When I told them I was gonna call the police to check their cameras, the careless waitress suddlenly rememberd where she had 'missplaced' the change and receipt.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Hidden in Hempstead NY is this Colombian restaurant that does big meals, rotisary chickens in window and take away too.
Atmosphere is bright, filled with people, flags, posters of Colombia, even walls inside resemble colonial Spanish architecture.
It is really an informal restaurant where I fed the family with only one of the $14 typical platters filled with more meat, chorizo sausage, buttery rice, egg, beans, plantain, cornmeal bread (arepas) than we could eat.
The tropical juices were offered to be made with milk to taste like milkshakes.
Service on Sat night we went was fast and friendly though it was busy.
Would go again with bigger appetite.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 6 February 2008

This a great colombian restaurant

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook