“Good Service”

Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester Area
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My stay was perfect. I appreciate the fast service for obtaining an extra set of towels. When I need to return to the area I would gladly stay at this Super 8
Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
JasonSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Helen V:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We hope we see you during your next trip through our area. I will pass your comments on to our staff, they will be happy to hear it.
Jason Maloney

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I booked a room at this hotel through Expedia for two nights, Thursday and Friday nights, so that I could attend a wedding on Friday afternoon. I was assured late check-in was okay by Expedia. I arrived with my family at 11PM at night after a long ride in the car. We were all very tired and ready to just call it a night.

Upon attempting to check in, I was told that my reservations were for Wednesday and Thursday night, and I had been marked as a no-show. I showed the woman at the desk my printed itinerary from Expedia, and while she acknowledged that the paper showed the dates I had planned to stay, she told me that it was up to me to call Expedia and see if they would give me a refund. The only way she would book me a room is if I paid a second time.

Tired and frustrated, I returned to the car and called Expedia. After explaining the situation, the travel service agent called the Super 8 to try and work out something so that we could just check in and stay. After a few minutes, the service agent returned to the line and stated that unfortunately the woman at the desk was unwilling to work with us or Expedia to find a solution. He then found us a room on very short notice at a much nicer hotel.

Overall, my experience at this Super 8 was awful. While I can not comment on the state of the rooms or any of the amenities, I can say that the front desk staff could do with a lesson on hospitality.

However, Expedia was fantastic about righting what was wrong.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Murgleburgle:

Thank you for taking time to provide this valuable feedback concerning the experience you had with our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to everyone who walks through the door. We clearly made a mistake in your case and we are very sorry. I am grateful that you have pointed this out so that the employee in question can be retrained. I have contacted Expedia to ensure that there were no charges passed on to you. If you wish to speak further on this issue, I am very happy to take your call here at the hotel. I am very sorry.

Jason Maloney