“Just Terrible”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Orlando, Florida
“Just Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel is definitely not up what you would expect when you book a room at a Homewood Suites!! I have stayed at other Homewood Suites, in fact they are my number one hotel choice when I travel, but this one I would never even dream of coming back to! I will say that the Front Desk staff was very kind, and it certainly isn't their fault that the rooms are disgustingly dirty! The whole suite itself is very spacious, but the decor is so univiting, it makes you feel like you are in a cheap motel! If my only problem was the decor though then I would have been ok, but when I lifted up the bed skirt because my shoe went underneath it and I saw not one but two used condoms under there after that I knew they do not clean their rooms the way they should!! I was so disgusted so I started looking around the room even more the small pillow with a pillowcase that has a duck on it had hair all over it, the shower curtain looked like it hadn't been changed in weeks there was so much soap scum on it, the plates in the cabinet had food stuck on them, plus some other things, it was just so disgusting! I wanted to leave right then and there but my husband was tired, after all it was 11pm and we had been traveling all day, I called down and asked for another room but the gentleman explained they were sold out and we were the last to arrive. I went down in the morning and wanted to speak with the manager, Kara Kane, but when someone pointed her out to me I knew exactly the reason this hotel is the way it is. So I didn't even bother to complain to her, I just left and knew I would never return. I had to spread the word somehow, and while others may have had a good experience, I am sure they never inspected the rooms the way we did.

Room Tip: Save your money, don't choose any room!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Linda W
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize about your experience at the Rochester Homewood Suites it is always our first priority to have our guests to be happy with our hotel. In the past year we have had some great updates at the hotel with all rooms now having 2 flat screen HD TV’s, we have updated our guest room bathrooms and have had a total re-do of the fitness center with all new Precor machines. Please feel free to email me so I can address any issues that you had while you were staying kara.kane@hilton.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We traveled to Rochester from Canada and we booked it for 3 nights, but it was so good that we stayed additional night.
Room was clean ans kitchen with all appliences was great for the family with 4 kids.
Stuff were amazing, so nice and always helpful and so nice!
Breakfast was excellent and fresh coffee and tea always available in the lobby.
It was great and we will definetly recommend it to all our friends and will stay there next time too.
Anna

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Anna,
Thank you very much for taking to time to write about your great experience at the Homewood Suites Rochester. It is always my staff's goal to have every guest feel at Home and know that they are always welcome back.
Thanks again,
Kara
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed here several years ago and loved it.
Stayed 3 days recently and had nothing but problems.
Hotel food was horrible!!
TV premium channel was out of service.
Thermostat in room malfunctioned repeatedly.
TV screen was damaged and difficult to watch.
Sofa bed in living room was very dirty when we opened it. Had food and crumbs inside, as well as other "un-indentifiable" objects
Blankets had holes in them and were not plush or comfortable.
Hallway noise was very loud.
Staff tried hard to resolve problems but didn't suceed.
Bad experience. Hotel is showing it's age.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Rochester. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance and cleanliness is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I hope you consider giving us another chance during your next trip to the area.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here during a hockey tournament Nov 3-6 2011. Being a hockey mom for 11 yrs with 2 kids travelling to tournaments, I have been to a LOT of hotels. This was, by far, the BEST!! Customer service unlike ANYTHING I have ever seen, and I am comparing this to many 5 star hotels we have stayed in from the Fairmont and Westin chains. Free dinner, BEER AND WINE Mon- Thurs until 7:30pm? Best happy hour I've ever attended! Free hot breakfast in the am, and with a team full of Midget AA girls (15-17yrs old) there were enough nutritional choices to keep the girls and the coach happy! Yogurt, fresh fruit, waffle station, eggs, muffins, whole grain bread and bagels..it was great! There is a large patio off the lounge area and the hotel had BBQ's available so we had a team BBQ/potluck. These rooms are suites so bedroom is separate from living area. Flat screens in both rooms, and there is a kitchen complete with full size frigde, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, DISHWASHER (they even give you the soap) and all plates, utensils pots and pans. I had a small issue with the dishwasher and they fixed it immediately and gave me 55 Hilton Honours points for my trouble! Front desk staff wished us luck and said goodbye as we left for every game and welcomed us back when we returned. If I HAD to find something to critique, it would be that they only have 1 elevator. The hotel is only 3 stories and it wasn't a long wait, but some may find it inconvenient. We took the stairs mostly anyway, but for bringing luggage and hockey bags up and down the elevator was required. Overall and wonderful stay and we will return!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
West of Philly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I took my daughter on a college visiting trip to Troy and Rochester and needed to find something clean and comfortable, but we were not looking for any frills, either, so the price at Homewood Suites attracted me. The breakfast buffet was Ok considering it seemed to be mostly all package / precooked / nuked fare.

Pros: The suite was clean. It was also roomy enough for two teenagers to sleep on the two doubles in the bedroom while Dad took the pull-out in the living room. The popcorn in the room was a nice touch and we had some for snack. There are plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from and we took advantage of the hotel shuttle to get us out to dinner and back. The room was on the side away from the freeway but overlooking a busy four lane surface street but we did not hear any traffic - it was relatively quiet given the possibilities.

Cons: There really weren't any.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BobWestOfPhilly
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you very much for your comments. I hope that if you daughter does attend college in Rochester that you consider the Homewood Suites again.
Orpington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Again we stayed 5 nights while visiting family in Rochester. We arrived 8.30pm due to late flight arrival, Kara (GM) had our room sorted as I emailed her in advance and Stephanie at the front desk got our keys all ready. By the time Stephanie helped us to fix the Wi-Fi on our iphones my son arrived to take us out to dinner. It was just what we needed after a long journey – smooth, quick and friendly check-in.

The next morning the breakfast lady recognised us from last time (so friendly). We love the fresh orange juice and fruits, not to mention the bacon and egg. In the evening Stephanie was on duty again when I mentioned about my daughter loves the pop corns and she brought us 2 packets to our room in 5 minutes – what a service!

“I made sure to express appreciation to the cleaning staff on a job well done!” Someone has said that on a previous review and I second that.

We had another great stay and certainly will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexy2k
Thank you for your comments and as always we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Syosset, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

During our check in we were greeted by a very nice young man and he was exactly what you would expect from a Hilton Property very accurate, efficient and friendly! (thought he was the manager) However we came down the next morning for breakfast and my husband approached the desk and was not acknowledged by the morning women manager he waited to ask a question (directions) and felt as if he was a bother to her and the conversation she was having with an employee. To be honest I don't feel like we saw her smile once during our 2 day stay believe or not we cut it short feeling unwelcome at the property we were even greeted when walking past the desk only the breakfast and dinner attendants asked about our day. I was going to say something to the helpful young man but did not see him for next 2 days. I travel quite often with my family and never experienced a trip quite like this. The pool is small and when children are running in and out to all ours of the night (midnight?)it was very hard to even relax. The food from the buffet i swear was all microwavable and I have never felt that way from other Homewood Suites! The one in New Orleans was OUTSTANDING!!!! Fresh food prepared everyday. I felt like this place was a few steps down from Ponderosa! The best advise I have is not to say there!!!!!!! We did call the last day of our stay to speak with the GM about a few issues with the room and the service or should I say lack there of, a flamboyant man answered and sounded a bit out of control saying he would have her call the room......never heard from her! I was hoping to get a email survey unfortunately I did not receive one! ???????? On a positive note the rooms were clean and spacious but the serviced not so much. The fitness center had a treadmill down so we we called the next to notify them we were told it has been broken for awhile.......why???

Room Tip: Find another Hilton Property!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Barb8352
rochwgm, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Thank you for the review you wrote, we are glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms. I do apologize for the your inconvenience you experienced at the hotel during your stay. To further discuss this issue, please contact me at the hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

Kara Kane