“No loyalty here”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I checked into this hotel on 7/12 after making an online reservation on the Hilton site. Upom arrival I was place in a rather ratty room, (perhaps because of only a one night stay?) Howver at $160 a night + I felt a Diamond member of the Hilton chain would be treated better. The room smelled of dog and had a view of the A/C unit outside. (Nice)
At checkout they could not even provide a receipt and was told I did not even stay there. (Duh)
I have stayed there before with no problems but there is definitely a problem now. Going downhill

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank FullTimeTraveller51
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We Sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Since you are a Diamond Honors Hilton member, we understand how much you travel and how valuable a comforable stay is. Because your comments are valuable we shared them with the rest of the staff as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hop you will consider staying with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times over 4 years. The first 3 stays were great. Staff was great, Breakfast was good, complimentary dinner on certain nights was a nice touch, rooms were perfect.
The fourth stay - something was different. I'm not sure if the hotel manager was away or what, but several little things were severely neglected. For instance- The public restroom near the lobby was in terrible shape. It was reported to the front desk numerous times, but was not tended to for over a full 24hrs. In the large gathering/dining room next to the lobby there are large trash cans. Two nights, the trash was left overflowing from dinner service until the next morning. Still the rooms were great, but like I mentioned, something was going on...
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, as I hope this last stay was just a freak set of circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AAusbro51
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We like this property but not enough to give it the highest rating. The rooms are not spic and span. The corners of the room were dirty (needed a good vacuuming) and the bathtub could have been cleaner. I'm a stickler about clean bedding, and the sheets looked a tad worn. There's nothing better than fresh, crisp sheets, and this hotel is lacking. I expect a little better from Hilton.

Having said that, the location is great. It's quiet and has almost a out-in-the-country feel. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly, WIll definitelys stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nogobev
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor about your stay at our Homewood Suites. My team is always starving to provide great service and a clean rooms to our guests so I would like to apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our team so we can work together on a solution so another guest does not have this experience. I hope when you are in town again that you will chose to make the Homewood Suites Henrietta your home away from home.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel is definitely not up what you would expect when you book a room at a Homewood Suites!! I have stayed at other Homewood Suites, in fact they are my number one hotel choice when I travel, but this one I would never even dream of coming back to! I will say that the Front Desk staff was very kind, and it certainly isn't their fault that the rooms are disgustingly dirty! The whole suite itself is very spacious, but the decor is so univiting, it makes you feel like you are in a cheap motel! If my only problem was the decor though then I would have been ok, but when I lifted up the bed skirt because my shoe went underneath it and I saw not one but two used condoms under there after that I knew they do not clean their rooms the way they should!! I was so disgusted so I started looking around the room even more the small pillow with a pillowcase that has a duck on it had hair all over it, the shower curtain looked like it hadn't been changed in weeks there was so much soap scum on it, the plates in the cabinet had food stuck on them, plus some other things, it was just so disgusting! I wanted to leave right then and there but my husband was tired, after all it was 11pm and we had been traveling all day, I called down and asked for another room but the gentleman explained they were sold out and we were the last to arrive. I went down in the morning and wanted to speak with the manager, Kara Kane, but when someone pointed her out to me I knew exactly the reason this hotel is the way it is. So I didn't even bother to complain to her, I just left and knew I would never return. I had to spread the word somehow, and while others may have had a good experience, I am sure they never inspected the rooms the way we did.

Room Tip: Save your money, don't choose any room!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Linda W
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize about your experience at the Rochester Homewood Suites it is always our first priority to have our guests to be happy with our hotel. In the past year we have had some great updates at the hotel with all rooms now having 2 flat screen HD TV’s, we have updated our guest room bathrooms and have had a total re-do of the fitness center with all new Precor machines. Please feel free to email me so I can address any issues that you had while you were staying kara.kane@hilton.com.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We traveled to Rochester from Canada and we booked it for 3 nights, but it was so good that we stayed additional night.
Room was clean ans kitchen with all appliences was great for the family with 4 kids.
Stuff were amazing, so nice and always helpful and so nice!
Breakfast was excellent and fresh coffee and tea always available in the lobby.
It was great and we will definetly recommend it to all our friends and will stay there next time too.
Anna

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Anna,
Thank you very much for taking to time to write about your great experience at the Homewood Suites Rochester. It is always my staff's goal to have every guest feel at Home and know that they are always welcome back.
Thanks again,
Kara

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed here several years ago and loved it.
Stayed 3 days recently and had nothing but problems.
Hotel food was horrible!!
TV premium channel was out of service.
Thermostat in room malfunctioned repeatedly.
TV screen was damaged and difficult to watch.
Sofa bed in living room was very dirty when we opened it. Had food and crumbs inside, as well as other "un-indentifiable" objects
Blankets had holes in them and were not plush or comfortable.
Hallway noise was very loud.
Staff tried hard to resolve problems but didn't suceed.
Bad experience. Hotel is showing it's age.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
rochwgm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Rochester. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance and cleanliness is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I hope you consider giving us another chance during your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here during a hockey tournament Nov 3-6 2011. Being a hockey mom for 11 yrs with 2 kids travelling to tournaments, I have been to a LOT of hotels. This was, by far, the BEST!! Customer service unlike ANYTHING I have ever seen, and I am comparing this to many 5 star hotels we have stayed in from the Fairmont and Westin chains. Free dinner, BEER AND WINE Mon- Thurs until 7:30pm? Best happy hour I've ever attended! Free hot breakfast in the am, and with a team full of Midget AA girls (15-17yrs old) there were enough nutritional choices to keep the girls and the coach happy! Yogurt, fresh fruit, waffle station, eggs, muffins, whole grain bread and bagels..it was great! There is a large patio off the lounge area and the hotel had BBQ's available so we had a team BBQ/potluck. These rooms are suites so bedroom is separate from living area. Flat screens in both rooms, and there is a kitchen complete with full size frigde, 2 burner cooktop, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, DISHWASHER (they even give you the soap) and all plates, utensils pots and pans. I had a small issue with the dishwasher and they fixed it immediately and gave me 55 Hilton Honours points for my trouble! Front desk staff wished us luck and said goodbye as we left for every game and welcomed us back when we returned. If I HAD to find something to critique, it would be that they only have 1 elevator. The hotel is only 3 stories and it wasn't a long wait, but some may find it inconvenient. We took the stairs mostly anyway, but for bringing luggage and hockey bags up and down the elevator was required. Overall and wonderful stay and we will return!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family