“Very nice stay!”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Hartford, Connecticut
“Very nice stay!”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at the RIT Inn while visiting my daughter at college. The staff was very nice and the rooms were wonderful. Everything seemed to be clean. We did have one incident with a leaky toilet but the maintenance staff was right on it. 2-1/2 more years at college for my daughter and many more stays for us!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The RIT Inn has a split personality. During the semesters of the Rochester Institute of Technology, it allocates some of its inventory as a dorm for college students.

The place seems to be geared to events and weddings, but not suited for ordinary guests that seek a normal hotel experience. This is my third stay for an annual conference, and the food service experience has been dismal each time. The much lauded Petals coffee shop is basically a walk up counter in a cafeteria where an unmotivated employee will take your order for mostly fried food and call when it is ready, you then carry it to the cashier to pay, if there is one in attendance, or pay later. Or you may find a sign that says that there is no hot food available for lunch. Or you may be directed to a refrigerated case where you can buy a pre-made salad, wilted and selected from a bucnh of undated salads, or you may find it closed in the middle of the day.... you get the idea.

I have given polite and factual feedback to management on three different visits, each time received a meaningless boiler plate response, but it is clear that they do not care enough to make changes.

The strangest defect is that they do not have reliable WiFi in the rooms, with a lame excuse that it is the brick walls that impede reception. This place is owned by the Rochester insititute of Technology. ( Yes, Technology!)

I am sorry that I will miss a favorite conference in future, but I will not be back.

Room Tip: This is a sprawling establishment, and you may have to walk some distance from your room to the lobb...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank travelpossum
RITInn, Director of Sales at RIT Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in August. I was suprised to hear that you feel the RIT Inn & Conference Center has a "split personality." You indicated you were here for a conference in August. May I ask what conference you were here for? We pride ourselves with our hospitality and our numerous repeat guests and would hate to lose you as our annual guest.
We host many conferences and conventions throughout the year as well as many guests traveling into Rochester. It's rare for us to receive any complaints on our level of service and food served in Petals and Charades. May I ask specifically what you weren't satisfied with in terms of food? We offer a variety of options in Petals including fresh salads, grilled chicken wraps, vegetable burgers, several options for breakfast and many more healthy items.
We do host RIT students in one area of our Hotel during the school year. We make sure that we provide food options that are targeted to those student as well as all of our other guests. We did have one annual conference in August where the group wanted concession like food to be set in our conference space, which included hamburgers and other grilled features. Were you attending that conference?
I'm really sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us while you were in Rochester. Is there a possibility that you can stay with us again? I certainly want to correct any negative issues that you have and hope that you will again return.
If at all possible, please email me directly. Again, I'm the Director of Sales & Marketing. Vanessa Greene, vagapt@rit.edu
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2012

For the first time I stayed at the RIT Inn & Conference Center and I'm glad I did! My friend and I and our three children stayed there last Thursday through Saturday nights. I will warn you that if you use a navigation system you MUST put in W Henrietta for the street address and you MUST put in West Henrietta for the town or else you will keep ending up on East Henrietta Street. I could not figure out why we kept getting turned around but when I called explaining that I kept being turned around by the navigation system, Melinda at the front desk immediately put two and two together and told me what to put into the system and viola, we were there within minutes. Our check in was efficient and the kids loved the place, especially two pools! It was rainy on every occasion we had to swim so the indoor pool was a blessing and it only goes to 5 feet so even our youngest two felt safe and were confident to swim the entire length of the pool. My friend and I were thrilled with the hot tub and I have to tell you that if you get Tate as a life guard then you'll know your kids are safe! Tate was always on his feet, he introduced himself to us, asked what room we were in and how many of us there were and it made both of us, as Moms feel confident that our children were in capable hands. At one point I couldn't find something in my room and Melinda immediately had security run a key check on our door to see if anyone besides us and housekeeping had been in our room and then also left a message for our housekeeper to call in so they could ask her if she'd noticed anything in our room. They even offered to have their van drive me to the store if needed and I was impressed with their quick action and obvious caring. Turns out I found what I'd lost; I'm still not sure if the housekeeper moved it when straightening the room or if I just spaced out but regardless, I was impressed with their willingness to be helpful. Our room and bathroom were always clean, we always had plenty of towels, we slept like babies, they have ice machines centrally located and everywhere I was within their property was very clean. Their service was quick and efficient and we were always greeted by employees. We felt very welcome and would definitely go back. Thank you again Melinda, Tate and everyone who made our stay pleasant and welcoming!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank LPSV
New Lowell, Ontario
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here while my friend had a doctors appointment in Rochester. The hotel was donated to the Rochester Institute of Technology by the Mariott corp. When it was under the Mariott, it was in great shape, and nothing has been done since then to maintain it. The rooms were comfortable, but a little out of date. The fridge in our room was one of those Kool a tron ones with no compressor so it never got cold. We had them change the fridge 3 times before they understood we were looking for one with a compressor.

The beds were VERY comfortable. I have never slept more soundly in a hotel then I did on this trip!

The pool was in good shape and was well maintained, the hot tub apparently hasn't been working for months as they are waiting for a part? Dissapointed about that.

Enjoyed their in site restaurant with our coupons for food as well.

Overall, paying just about $5o a night for a room was well worth it considering the amenities we had and the dated look of the hotel. I wouldn't pay more then $80 a night here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank countryguy1983
Ontario
Reviewed 17 July 2012

As part a group that stayed at this hotel via an organized bus trip, this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. First, I'll start with my room that faced the highway. The bed was comfortable enough, but the A/C wasn't working the first night and the fan kept running withoug stopping even on the auto setting. Since we got to our room at 11 o'clock at night, it was too late to do anything about it, but we reported it to the front desk in the morning before leaving for a full day of seminars. On our return at 9 o'clock at night, we could tell the A/C had been repaired and cooled the room; however, the noisy fan kept on running without stopping even on the auto setting. That resulted in a 2nd sleepless night. The bathroom needs to be revamped. Fan didn't remove humidity from bathroom fast enough. Obviously refinished bathtub was peeling around the drain.

Second, hotel staff weren't equipped to feed such a large group (56 people) that had a schedule to keep. It took at least one hour to serve all 56 people at the cafeteria style restaurant for breakfast, and the fine dining experience had diners waiting for up to 2 hours to get their meal, if they received anything at all. My stead was excellent, but my dining partner's order got messed up and she received the veal instead of the fish she ordered. Appetizer salad arrived after the main entree. To be fair, perhaps the group organizer hadn't informed the hotel about the group's itinerary, but the hotel should bear some of the responsibility in not meeting their client's needs.

If you have a car and can drive to restaurants nearby, this hotel might do.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank blueeyetea
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I called the hotel at the last minute on July 7, 2012..we needed a room after spending many hours at the medical center---The hotel staff ( 2 different people) were very Pleasant on the phone and told me to come to the hotel and they would be happy to accommodate us---when we arrived, we were able to check in immediately and went to the room..I was VERY pleased with the room-- every thing was neat..clean.and in working order...........I would advise anyone to stay here---------We were in a rush to return to the hospital in the morning so we did not have time to use either pool or restaurant......thank you for the QUIET RESTFUL STAY !

Room Tip: We were on the second floor---could see the pool area -but very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Waverly, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Two $225 charges to our bank account that were on hold for days after our stay. That is a very slimy thing to do. The place smelled like feet, the bread for our sandwiches was stale, and the so called "curfew" was not enforced.
The staff were decent and the pool was fair, though kind of dirty. The jacuzzi was broken. I squashed a huge bug in our bathroom. I had higher expectations. I won't go near there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends