“Clean room, nice shuttle”

RIT Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Austin, Texas
“Clean room, nice shuttle”
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the RIT inn while in the area to watch an intercollegiate sporting event. The team stayed at the hotel and we had a nice group rate. The hotel is located close to RIT and near a mall. Some of the workers there are in the hotel and restaurant business program at RIT. The facility, hallways and rooms are somewhat dated but adequate.

The rooms are clean but basic. The hotel has a restaurant that was very expensive for the team to use for breakfast, so I avoided it.

I was most pleased with the shuttle to and from the airport which ran 24 x 7. They would also take you to and from nearby attractions such as RIT or the mall.

My only disappointment was that the computers in the business center were not loaded with adobe so I could not print my boarding passes.

Overall it was a good clean room for a reasonable price and had good service. I would return on my next trip to Rochester.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We participated in a promotion for a $99 room that included pizza, wings, cookies, and drinks from their restaurant. The hotel was great - clean, well-appointed room, nice pool, very friendly and professional staff. If food was any indication of the restaurant quality, that must be good too.

• Stayed March 2013
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was told this was right by RIt but it is a 10 minute car ride. It is old and needs some sprucing up but the beds are very comfortable. The pool is fine and the staff friendly. I have stayed here 2 times and enjoyed the outside garden If I had my rather's I would stay closer to the campus.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I came into Rochester to visit my little brother doing his studies at RIT. Naturally I picked this hotel for the namesake, but found that I was glad I did for much more. The rooms were very clean, and the lobby area was quite comfortable. The location was very convenient, and I found the staff to be very receptive to my needs and quite polite. This will definitely not be my last stay here, definitely worth your utmost consideration considering its price!

• Stayed December 2012
Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed here with my friend and our 3 kids. We had great service, everyone was very helpful and courteous. The room was clean. The Life Guard Tate was great. He always kept a good eye on everyone at pool and was very friendly and always checking that the chemicals in the pool were at proper levels. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

The only good thing I can say about my stay is the rooms were very clean & the bed was comfy. Otherwise this was a horrible place to stay! The TV had very poor reception, half the lights in the room were not working, there were 2 fire alarms where we had to evacuate that were a result of a guest tampering with a smoke detector, the walls are paper thin, multiple dirty room service trays outside rooms for greater than 12 hours. And how did the staff respond...a shrug of the shoulders and a mumbled "sorry." Will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank dmh1781
Watkins Glen
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The RIT Inn was very good to us this trip. Our son was at Strong Hospital for 12 days and we could not afford to be there with him on such a long term basis. This hotel offered us $40 a night room with free van service to and from the hospital as well as any other place. Being from out of town, we appreciated the transport. Also free was the use of the laundry facility. There were two restaurants, one expensive where we did not eat and one reasonable where we ate each day at least once. We were given two $3 vouchers each day to use at either restaurant. Our room was neat and spacious. It did have a strange odor, but I got used to it after a while. Not sure what it was. My stay was quiet and safe. It was just what I needed. I had my Mac laptop so I was able to get free use of the wired internet in my room. I got what I paid for!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family