“Relaxed atmosphere”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The RIT Inn is a relaxing place to stay. The rooms are nice but they have one issue. The mirror in the bathroom will steam over when showering. WIFI works in some rooms, not all. The restaurant is okay but a bit under par. I prefer to eat out. The inn has a nice pool and workout room. The bottom line is that I like staying there and I always return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MBS6132003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had to stay here earlier this week because a family member was having surgery at Strong Memorial Hospital and we are from out of town. The hospital has an agreement with this hotel so immediate family members of patients of the hospital can stay at a low rate. I must say that I think it is great that they do that, it gives people a place to stay without breaking the bank while caring for loved ones. That was the positive; the negative is the hotel is very old. The halls and stairwell at this hotel look almost dirty because it was so old. The room was ok, it looked clean, but the bedspreads looked old and almost had a yellow tinge to them. I am not sure if this was the color or if they were originally white and starting to yellow. The bed was very uncomfortable. I slept horrible that night and you can hear EVERY noise in the place. We could hear people talking, we could hear the television, we hard bumps and bangs, very annoying. I travel a lot and stay in hotels and this was by far the loudest I’ve experienced in a while. I am going back this weekend to visit my loved one that is still in the hospital, While I appreciate the discount at this hotel, I think I am going to pass that up and stay at another place where I can hopefully get a good night of sleep.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sarah M
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 October 2013

On way to Niagara falls, stayed at this hotel for a night. A beautiful large property with a pleasant morning calm. A quiet place with neat and clean comfortable rooms, nicely decorated. The chef at breakfast counter is so helpful in providing a nice veg breakfast the taste of which is still lingering in my memories. Not sure of its location in town, might be easily approachable, but a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
East Amherst, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Every few years I have to stay at this hotel for two weeks while I am completing curriculum training for my school district. Sadly, nothing has changed. The hotel looks/smells exactly the way it did when I first stayed here in 2002.

Apparently, RIT has used this hotel as a dorm for overflow students that could not live on campus. And you can tell... my room was clean, however the bedspread is exactly the same as the last time I was here, furniture as well. My ceiling had large cracks and dirt smeared around in one area. The curtains are worn to the point where they have holes/rips in them and I can actually see daylight through them if I have the lights turned off. My bathroom sink was completely cracked and I was constantly checking to see if water was dripping on the floor. Why they haven't replaced it yet, I'm not sure. Also, you will find many areas of the hotel that either smell like vomit, mold, or a combination of both. One woman at training mentioned to me that there was a dehumidifier placed outside her door one afternoon. Obviously something is going on with the air quality.

With that being said, the beds/sheets/towels were clean and my toiletries were restocked every day, although they did not need to be.

The hotel does have Wi-Fi despite what some reviewers have stated. You just need to ask how to hook up to it. I also asked for a fridge as I was staying here for two weeks and was given one for a $25 charge. In today's day and age, I think this should be standard.

The outdoor pool was closed this year as they were making modifications to the decking surface. Not the best time of year to be doing this as the temps were well over 90 degrees during my stay.

I did not eat at Charades or Petals (hotel restaurants) this year as I have come to learn (over my past 3 stays) that the food is greasy and not stomach friendly.

After reading the "positive" reviews for this hotel, I have come to the conclusion that these people must have been placed on the 5th floor. These rooms have been "updated" and are much nicer than the third floor room I was placed in. So my suggestion... if you are staying here, ask for a 5th floor room and hope for the best, otherwise I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms are somewhat updated.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Corning, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Just stayed here last week for 2 nights. Was not sure of the location because it was near the main highway and thruway, as I don't like any noise. The place was very quiet and I had no trouble sleeping at all! The beds were confortable the rooms were clean and the grounds were nicely landscaped. The people at reception were very friendly and helpful and they also have a shuttle bus that will take you most anywhere you want to go if you do not have a car or are just too tired to drive. There are many restaurants nearby and a large shopping mall just 5 minutes drive away. Would stay again next time I am in the Rochester area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank logman99
Coudersport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the hotel because the seminar I was taking was hosted there. It was a ggod stay for our purpose. I am not so sure that it would be a great vacation property. The room was clean and comfortable, what little time we spent in it. My wife said her side of the bed was very uncomfortable, mine was ok, and I felt the pillows were very uncomfortable, and yes, my wife was ok with her pillow. The food served at the conference was very good however the restaurant at the hotel was very little in selection. Their cafe had a good selection of burgers etc. Its not a problem because there are a ton of places to eat within ten minutes of the hotel. I did not use the pool or fitness center but they both looked decent.
The seminar facility was very comfortable and the continental breakfast was good. Check in and check out was fast and easy. This is an older property and from what I have read in other reviews I would guess it makes for a good group setting like weddings, sports teams etc.
It is located close to many other attractions but not right in the middle of all the congestion.
Special note: When we entered the address of the hotel in our GPS it took us to east Henrietta which is a residential area. Make sure you have west Henrietta as your destination. But even with that we were only a few miles off.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Utica, NY
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I recently stayed at the RIT Inn with my wife and two young friends. The check in was quick, and easy and the staff was very friendly. The room was nice, looked to have been recently updated, and was clean. We were short a towel and the nice folks at the front desk brought one right up. It is a nice property and I plan on staying there again the next time that I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family