“Nice New Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Syracuse, New York
“Nice New Hotel”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Hampton Inn Henrietta is a nice new hotel. It is in a nice location close to many restaurants, shops, Marketplace Mall, etc and not far from downtown Rochester. I was surprised, however, to find that there was not a hot tub. Most Hampton Inns have a hot tub along with their pool and especially since this hotel is new I was surprised and disappointed to find it lacking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EWING529

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We picked this hotel based on price but it turned out to be better than expected. Greeted promptly by friendly staff. Location is near big mall and restaurants. Breakfast was nicely done. All areas were clean. Only complaint is soft pillows.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Azam N
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was most impressed by the breakfast lady, she was so pleasant and helpful, area was spotless, food great. I would stay here again. Beds very comfortable, slept extremely well, which is hard in hotels. Staff friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2014
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fairly new hotel in an excellent location, near airport, University of Rochester, large shopping mall, and many, many restaurants. Nice pool, decent fitness center for this kind of hotel, comfortable rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was okay, not great. Flat screen TV and wireless internet in rooms worked very well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Neil R
Kimberlie M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed taking care of you and your family while you were here. We'll count on seeing you back here on your next trip to Rochester!

Kimberlie
Medina
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here on business on 4/9/14. As a Diamond member, I try to stick with the Hilton brand and the Hampton properties specifically. I've previously stayed at the Doubletree around the corner on Jefferson. I have to say, when I am in the area again, I will choose this property, even over the Doubletree. It was spotless, appeared to be newer, easy to find and easily accessible to Fed Ex Office, Starbucks and the highway. One of the most pleasant things I didn't expect was a wonderful associate named Elizabeth in the breakfast area. She made the start of my day with her pleasant personality and willingness to help me with anything I needed. As I was picking out my yogurt, she asked, "Did you find your favorite flavor? If not, I can get it for you". It's those kind of little touches that make an otherwise routine travel schedule, feel a little more personal. I can easily see why this property is rated #1 in Henrietta.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kimberlie M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Elizabeth is certainly a wonderful asset to our team, and I will be sure to share your comments with her! We will see you again soon!
Moore, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Let me preface this with the fact that we love staying at Hampton Inns. They have the most comfortable beds and a great continental breakfast. When we arrived at this one on Clay Road in Henrietta, the hallways and rooms were freezing cold. It was in March in Rochester, so it was very cold outside. We called about it and it was suggested to us to turn up our heat. The next day (and our remaining four days) it was extremely hot in both the hallways, and the room. We called the front desk multiple times after being unable to sleep in the stuffy rooms. The front desk staff advised us how to turn the AC unit on and up, which did not work. We contemplated buying a portable fan, and just leaving it in the room when we left, since it would not fit in our luggage. On our final night they addressed the problem and comped us the previous night, and upgraded us to a suite, explaining they had some HVAC issues that were fixed. That night was not much better than the others, even with a bigger room. Our only other gripe was the beds. We love Hampton's beds, and both rooms we stayed in had awful, hard beds. I don't know if they didn't upgrade them previously and they are old, or they went cheap on these. On a positive note, the staff was very nice, and the continental breakfast was wonderful! Unless something happens, we will not be staying there again, though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We did unfortunately experience some heating and cooling issues when you were here that have since been serviced.

I apologize that our beds were not as comfortable as you are used to. The Hampton Inn brand is focused on consistency throughout all of their properties which is why every Hampton Inn has the same type of mattress and box spring. Being that we are a brand new hotel, all of our beds are new, but perhaps that is why they felt a bit firm to you.

Please know that your feed back is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Arrived and it started snowing. However there were some great restaurants/bars in very close walking distance which was great. There was heavy snow so the shuttle driver did not make it in/or would be late the following morning. The check-out lady jsu tsaid "No problem, I will take you" Outstanding service and as usual quite a nice breakfast. Glad I stopped there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Rochester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Comfort Suites Rochester
Comfort Suites Rochester
#11 of 17 in Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta? Share your experiences!