“Terrible customer service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The management (director if sales and general manager) displayed the most horrific customer service I have ever encountered. I was told that hotel's bottom line was more important than customer satisfaction. After a lengthy phone conversation with the management team to attempt to cancel a reservation ( I explained that their cancellation policy was not clear and/or incorrectly stated at the time of booking online) I was told I had to forfeit 1 of my 2 nights stay. I called back to the"customer care line" the next day to cancel the room and was informed it was now both nights I would be charged for. I decided I couldn't afford to throw away $475( which was already too much to pay for this hotel for 2 nights) I arrived on my scheduled date and was told my room had been cancelled... So I had no room to stay in-- I promptly took my business elsewhere and would never recommend this specific hotel nor this chain to anyone. I did call the corporate office. ( which I had to look up myself as the manager refused to give me a name or number of who I could talk to above her) I was told on Wed to expect " a resolution" within 72 hours.... I still had not heard anything when I arrived 48 hours later nor did I hear anything after 72 hours
Do not give your business to this place!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank triplefunplusone

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The rooms, lobby and pool areas were all very clean. We were very pleased with the accomodations. The staff is all very friendly. Whether front desk, housekeeping, service staff or otherwise, they all are very pleasant and greet you upon meeting you. The only small complaints that I have are that my room (227) had a view of a wall when looking out the window and the door of the bathroom did not easily close.

It is a convenient location to the Strong National Museum of Play (within 15 minutes driving) and the pool area is very clean. This is a great hotel for families.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was in Rochester for a soccer tournament for may daughter. Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Henrietta. It was an excellent Hotel. Very clean. The staff were amazing. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was directed to book a 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn for a work function, on our axiom booking site the Hotel received 2 stars and I figured that it was going to be a less than stellar stay. When I arrived i was pleasantly suprised at the new look of the hotel and when you walk into the lobby it has a 4-5 star feel not 2 star like i expected. The staff was friendly and helpful during my entire stay and the room far exceeded any of my expectations with a large and clean king bed and a shower stall that would easily accomodate 2 people. While I wasnt able to take advantage of the pool or exercise room I did check them out and they were nice and had people in them at all times. I would search out the Hampton inn if I am in the area again and hope that more people check out all of the review sites before making their decision so they dont pass up on a great stay!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 to upgrade to the king bed instead of 2 queens so the shower stall is included.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I liked to be there with the people that bring the right attention and the cleanness of the hotel. The distance where we were located was 45 Kms away from the hotel, but we enjoyed the stay there, the service you had. Your people are well informed of the area and important question i resolved during my time I was there enjoying with my family the quality of your hotek and the areas to be

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everything was clean and nice. The Staff was extremely helpful with everything I needed and asked for. They went above and beyond all expectations. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. We will certainly be back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Staying for business, my primary concern is location (Rochester is not that big, so not a big deal), cleanliness, price and being easy (easy to find, check in, get to sleep, check out and get going).

This place hit all the requirements. It was easy to find - just off a big street not to far from a freeway, was very clean (lobby, bed, bathroom), fast check in, quiet location and easy to get out of in the morning.

Nothing fancy, it's a basic Hampton inn, but you won't go wrong.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Doubletree by Hilton Rochester
Fairfield Inn Rochester South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta? Share your experiences!