“Stayed for RIT graduation weekend”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
“Stayed for RIT graduation weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for my daughter's graduation from RIT during Memorial Day weekend 2014. The hotel was in a great location near main roads, stores, restaurants, and close to the thruway. It was convenient to go back and forth to RIT. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and up-to-date. The staff was very friendly, despite our late arrival on Thursday night. We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but both looked inviting. The breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn, but they kept up with replacing items and made sure everyone was satisfied. It was perfect for our needs. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are visiting the college for any reason, or just in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

So this business trip started out fine until my flight from Rochester to DC was delayed, then canceled all together. I had to find a hotel quickly so I called the Hilton 800# and they were nice enough to not only book me at the Hampton Inn - which I love - I usually try to stay at the Hampton for business trips - but also they graciously canceled the 1st night of my DC stay for me (no extra charge).

I arrived at the Hampton Inn where I was greeted by a super friendly staff who had upgraded my room to the King Suite - what a treat! Even though I was only staying one night it was a lovely room and I enjoyed my stay tremendously.

Well, since I was bumped from my previous flight I had to wake up at 5am to make my replaced flight - in my sleepy stupor I left my diamond engagement ring! I was so exhausted from being at the airport the day before (7 hours) that I didn't remember that I had taken it off and left it on the sink to shower!

I didn't even realize it until I was on my plane back home (2 days later) and realized I didn't have the ring on my finger! EEEK!!

I called, spoke with the fabulous GM - Jeanine Rhea and she let me know that one of her cleaning staff - Shamika - found it and promptly turned it in!

Not only was my stay fabulous because of the lovely front desk staff, but it was also over the top due to the professionalism of their behind the scenes staff.

They sent their shuttle driver to UPS for me and overnighted my ring to me! Thank goodness for good people!!

Regardless of my ring experience, this staff is all top notch!

Enjoy your stay and take advantage of the Airport Shuttle - everyone is fabulous here!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Dolla Y
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Everything was up to the standards of a fine Hampton. Rooms were quiet and large. Breakfast was varied and the staff was very friendly. Many restaurants are in the area. About 4 miles off of I-90 and we used this as a stop between Niagara and the Finger Lakes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Adrienne35
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Hampton Inn, which we have stayed at before, continues to show why they are so popular with travelers to the Rochester area. The staff, to a person, is friendly, attentive and helpful. Even though a large, and somewhat unruly group of younger people was staying throughout the hotel, the staff handled the few issues smoothly and professionally. Also, the room was as advertised-clean, comfortable,etc The breakfast is more than enough, and the lady managing the area bent over backwards to accommodate guests.Food was well prepared, hot and pretty tasty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

After booking this hotel a few weeks in advance, my family came down with the flu a few days prior to arrival. I knew I was able to cancel my reservation because their policy, as stated on their website, was free cancellation up to arrival. I phoned customer service and spoke to the manager and director of sales who informed me that their pokicy had changed for that particular weekend because it was "prom weekend"? and I was out of luck, my card would be charged regardless of whether I showed up or not!!. Neither of them cared to hear my reason, that my family was all sick, but were only concerned about getting thier money. I experienced the worst customer service ever and will never stay at a Hampton Inn again.

2 Thank KJB242
Fall River, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I found this hotel on tripadvisor on a Friday nite. I did not book ahead. The other comparable hotels had their prices jacked up around $200 for graduation weekend. I saw that price here was $122 thru Expedia. I went up to the front desk but was quoted $152. I showed the clerk the Expedia price on my phone but she said that she could not match it. Then she said, "if you book it on Expedia I will get it right away." So I did. I went out to car for bags. Ten minutes later, still no confirmation. Now I started to get mad. The clerk finally did give me key to room even though she still did not have confirmation from Expedia. She gave me the King Suite. Awesome room. In the morning, when I went to check out they STILL did not have the confirmation, but the front desk took all the information and did not keep me waiting. There was a little aggravation to start but ended up getting an excellent room for the price.

• Stayed May 2014
Welland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Everything from the front desk being very accommodating for our dance party group and getting us all on the same floor to the amazing breakfasts and clean pool and rooms. Our stay was very comfortable and staff was very nice. We had one front desk staff come onto our floor and ask if we needed cleaning staff or if we had had anyone clean our rooms. That was the first time a hotel was making sure our needs were met to such an extent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone it was an enjoyable experience!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room with 2double beds but others that travelled with us had a room with one king size bed...