“Nice new hotel, huge rooms, super clean”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Home2 Suites and it was just as I expected from a Hilton property. The location was great, the staff friendly, and the room was very modern with a lot of amenities. Big desk, plenty of outlets, although no built in charging station with USB. Good size fridge that was actually cold when I checked in. Very nice bathroom with a good shower, to me that means water pressure.
The only thing that I didn't like was the hot breakfast, which you had to make yourself. Everything comes in a bag marked with a number, you have to put it into an "oven" and press the corresponding number to heat it up. Other than that there was plenty of fruit and coffee to choose from. I prefer the breakfast at a Hampton Inn over this one.
I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank matthtravels
Home2SuitesManager, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear matthtravels,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our hotel! We are very pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and your stay overall! We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Rochester area! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

new clean hotel that has a good kitchen set up. Free breakfast was slightly better than the average hotel. I have stayed at this hotel 2x. and if I have a choice, this hotel beats the other chain hotels in the area.

Room Tip: get a room facing the back. Less noise
4  Thank Stephen P
Home2SuitesManager, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Stephen P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on Trip Advisor! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your last 2 stays with us and will choose us in the future! We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Rochester area! Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Greta value for the price!! Close to restaurants. Friendly and professions staff. We had one issue where our room was not made up by 4:30 in the afternoon and called the front desk. Housekeeping arrived within one minute. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

4  Thank Patricia M

Dear Patricia M,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with friendly and professional service as well as quick and efficient housekeeping! We look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in the Rochester area! Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hotel was clean, convenient and reasonably priced for our stay while dropping our daughter off at school. We liked the fact that the hotel is pretty new,being built approx 8 months. It's close to the bypass but not too close so that you hear all the traffic. Will probably stay here in the future.

4  Thank Jeffrey H
Home2SuitesManager, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Jeffrey H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in providing our guests a comfortable, convenient and pleasant stay, and we are pleased you were happy with your accommodations! We look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you visit the Rochester area. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was traveling to my home town with my elderly Dad to visit family and friends who are all around the city of Rochester, NY. The hotel was only a few months old and in a location close to highways and restaurants. The room was very nice and had a nice kitchen area. The morning breakfast was very nice. The hotel staff were very friendly and made us feel at home.

4  Thank Kathy B

Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding your staff and I will be sharing your comments with them. I am also very pleased to hear you enjoyed your guest room and our kitchenettes. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future! Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

the rooms were very comfortable. The blind is in a track and seals out almost all the outside light. The beds were soft and cozy. There were dispensers of shampoo and body wash in the shower instead of those tiny plastic bottles. There were lots of choices for breakfast - different types of milk, yogurt, breads, microwavable breakfasts and juices. There were even nuts and seeds and frozen berries for the crock pot oatmeal. We didn't hear our neighbors during the night, so the noise insulation must work well. The hotel was crowded that night. Some small problems - there was a flashing light on the smoke detector. We had a curtain to separate the room and when we pulled it out, it blocked the light. Unfortunately my son on the pull out bed had to deal with it all night. The refrigerator started gurgling at 3 am, and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. The room door needed to slam shut to lock properly. Finally, every time one exited the elevator and walked into the lobby, the outside door automatically opened.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a curtain that divides the room, so you can block out the flahsing light.
3  Thank DAT41099

Dear DAT41099,
Thank you very much for writing about your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am very happy you enjoyed our blackout blinds as well as our eco-friendly soap dispensers in our bathrooms. We look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you visit the Rochester area. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Dropped off my freshmen year daughter for college this weekend and stayed for the first time in this hotel. Unfortunately I didn't like it. In my opinion they have taken this whole green environmental thing too far. I'm all for conserving the environment but don't compromise customer service and satisfaction. Rooms are not serviced everyday. Beds are straighten but that's about it. Soiled towels, used condiments like coffee and tea are not replaced. Dirty utnesils and plates/cups are left on the sink. Window treatments were broken. Staff are friendly though. But overall, I'm not impressed. Most likely not to go back in this hotel again.

Room Tip: I don't recommend this hotel but if you chose to stay here, request for a room away from the ele...
1  Thank ljutm
Home2SuitesManager, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear ljutm,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We aim to wow each and every guest that stays with us! Yes we are an eco-friendly hotel and do have environmentally friendly programs in place, but the service you received is not a common occurrence and not typical of our housekeeping program. I would like to speak with you personally so I may receive some more information about your stay so that others may not experience the same problems you did. I have included my contact information for you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience. I hope to hear from you soon and hope this one experience you had does not deter you from trying us again. Have a good day!

Ph- 585-272-0090

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester / Henrietta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Residence Inn Rochester Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta? Share your experiences!