“Warm and Welcoming !”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
“Warm and Welcoming !”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We are regulars at hotels with a house full of kids on competitive teams.... And we have been to many Holiday Inn's ....This one was by far the best ! The staff were so very hospitable, warm and friendly and completely accommodating to everyone in our family. Our check-in was quick, the suite was clean and met all of our needs. We made use of the large pool and other amenities.
The hotel is located near great shopping and restaurants.

Martin, Lisa and Luis all made our stay a better one by their delightful demeanors and excellent service. Thanks for a great hockey weekend getaway ....We definitely want to come back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor rooms or rooms away from the back entry staircases as you will hear lots and smel...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
buffalo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Quick, efficient check-in with Martin, clean, albeit small rooms, convenient location and by far the friendliest staff I've encountered. Preston made the complimentary cocktail hour relaxing as he ably handled a sizable crowd both nights. Lisa, our breakfast hostess was a delight with her warm greetings and assiduous attention to our breakfast needs. Want eggs to perfection - Luis is the man. Great omelets and service cordial and warm. Our 3 day golf trip was made simple by the convenience and friendliness of this hotel and its staff.
J. Duggan

The deep South
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am a priority club member but got none of the perks others have mentioned. This hotel is set up strangely in that there is one long hallway to access all rooms that runs in the shape of 3 sides of a square. If you got the last room in the hallway, you have a very long walk to the lobby. There appeared to be a restaurant on the side where there were no rooms but I don't know how you access it from inside the hotel. I would have enjoyed a drink at the bar but could not find the entrance from inside and did not want to enter from the outside since it looked deserted.
The breakfast room was chaos both mornings. If you don't want a specially prepared dish, you can quickly access the buffet in spite of the crowds but with the hostess seating, my son was put off at first that breakfast was going to be a long ordeal. Fortunately it was not. But you have to wait for them to serve you coffee. My son ordered tea and got coffee. For a couple of nights to crash before college starts, its OK. Sticky Lips BBQ next door has good reviews but the ribs were extremely hard and i had to fight to get them off the bone. If this is your idea of a good BBQ, go there. It's right next door so you can walk there.
Last year we stayed at the downtown Radisson and this was so much better and $24 cheaper.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear FormerGlobtrotter,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corning, New York
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Dear General Manager,
I was in Rochester NY this past weekend (Sept. 13 )for the Women of Faith Weekend.
This was the first time I stayed at your facility. My experience was very positive.
First of all I want to tell you that I have worked in a customer service based job for 30 yrs.
And I have to say that in the last 7-10 yrs. customer service has not been a priority for the majority of businesses. But, I have to say that I was very pleased with ALL the people I dealt with at your Hotel.
It began with the young lady at the front desk. She greeted us (a friend of mine stayed there with me.) with a smile and had a sense of humor! That is always a good trait to have. Our room was ready and clean when we checked in.
Then about 11:30 pm I called the front desk because I forgot what the young lady at the front desk told me was the wireless internet code (and forgot she wrote it inside the key cover pack). The gentleman that I spoke to was very nice in giving me the code.
Then to top the stay off was Lisa, Luis that works in the eating area for the breakfast. She was our waitress and she was very sincere in her "aim to please and serve with a smile". Lisa was probably the icing on the cake! She was so good at trying to keep ALL the people that were in there happy. She is a very hard worker from what I observed. She too greeted us with a HUGE smile (that was real and not a pretend one)and had such a positive way of greeting people. I was so impressed with Lisa's "people skills".
I would personally give your Holiday Inn & Suites a 5 star rating! I would give your staff a 5 star rating as well.

Patti Gridley

Sent from my iPad

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel situates at a busy intersection (Rochester, NY standard) with several restaurant and shopping mall close by so that is a plus. At check in they gave me a welcome package consisted of bottle water, bag of chips and granola bar, that was a nice touch. They have a no-frills bar/cafeteria style restaurant that provided simple breakfast - standard bacon & sausage, non-fresh cut fruit, yogurt, toast and omelet station. And if you are not picky, dinner is also free. The night I tried that they serve fried chicken and potato fries, lettuces salad, pork & rice soup, hotdog and some kind of cream pie and sweet square. Somewhat edible stuff if you are hungry and not picky. They also gave away 2 drinks at the bar every night. In all not very satisfying nor spiritually uplifting meal by any stretch of imagination but then, they were free (except tips). The room was pretty clean but small. The TV had HD signal. Given all this, I may come back to stay in future.

Room Tip: If you don[t want to be waken up in the morning by cooking smell from the restaurant. Ask to say as...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Visions_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this detailed review. We appreciate you coming back and want you to know that we are working on an entire different dinner setup with more variety and hope the change will be done before your next arrival. Thank you.
Ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This past weekend of September 2013 we were in Rochester-Henrietta for a family event. I booked this Holiday Inn based on reviews, location , and as a priority club member being close to enough points for a free room . I can't understand the positive reviews for this hotel after the rooms and hallways that we saw. The clerk at the front desk was very nice and gave us a gift bag for being priority club members. He told us which side entrance to go to for our second floor room a King leisure suite. The hallway was dark and poorly lit. Upon entering the two room suite , the space of the room was nice size but the lighting was very dim. I put clothes in the closet and came back out into the living room area where I was appalled by the condition of the furniture. EVERY piece of furniture had stains on it the couch, the desk chair, the club chair, the chairs around the table. The club chair that was a light burgundy color had black soiled stains on each arm and the front of the chair was ripped ! ( I should have taken pictures ) . I called the front desk and asked if another room was available because I said that I would not want to sit on any of the furniture in the living room part of the suite. Again, the front desk person Mark was very nice came up to our room with keys for a new room on the seocnd floor about two doors down. Once again upon looking around the living room area the furniture was all stained not quite as bad as the other room but not good either. The club chair in this second room had the same black soiled stains on the arms and also was ripped on the front like in the other room. It is beyond belief to me how you could feel comfortable sitting on chairs that looked like that. I do not understand why the management of this hotel and Holiday Inn have not replaced them or had them professionally steamed clean. I am sorry I didn't take pictures but I was SO disugusted I just wanted to get my belongings and myself away from the stained furniture. We travel to big cities in the US frequently . I have traveled to 11 countries in Europe and not seen a chair that dirty. This is the first time in over ten years we have walked out of a hotel and refused to stay but the club chairs in both of these rooms were disgusting in that they were so stained,dirty, and ripped. We asked that our reservation be cancelled since it was prior to six oclock. Again, a nice sized room and staff seemed nice enough but the furniture was in poor , unkept condition , In my opinion , this hotel needs a major rennovation of room furnishings. I would not advise staying here until that furnishings rennovation happens. We went to the Doubletree by Hilton about a mile away that we had passed on our way in toThe Marketplace Holiday Inn Rochester - Henrietta . We had a wonderful 2 day stay at The Doubletree and our room was spotless.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jenou
Manoj P, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for the valuable feedback and taking time to let us know where we can improve. We are in process of replacing some of the furniture that are stained and we have had them professionally cleaned multiple times as well to ensure it is clean. On behalf of our hotel and IHG, we sincerely apologize and can assure you that we are on top of this and if you would give us another chance, you will see. I also would like to add that our pool is also being renovated at the end of September 2013 and also painting the exterior. The hotel will look brand new and also the furnishings and top level service. We appreciate you staying with us and really hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you. Thanks again.
Atco, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Once again I was pleased to be able to stay at this property. Diane and Mike during the Breakfast were AWESOME. Diane is just the right person to start my day off on a positive note. The only issue I had was with the shower and drain in the tub. I asked the front desk to have these issues checked into. Maintenance came in while I was at work, but only fixed the shower head. The drain plug would not stay open during the shower. The 2nd day I asked the front desk about the drain and they said maintenance would check it out, but unfortunately nothing was ever done. Although this frustrates me, I will still return here for my future stays since this was the 1st issue I ever had. Great Staff, Great Management, Relaxing Stay!!!!!!! 5 STARS!!!

Room Tip: Every Room is good
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Visions_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for staying with us again and appreciate the great feedback. We strive on trying to give exceptional service and appreciate the compliments. We sincerely apologize for the drain issue and have a project in place because of your review to ensure this does not happen. We are going through each room and ensuring there are no drains that are clogged. We appreciate your repeat business and value you as our guest and thanks for continuing to stay with us. Thank you