“BEST and most friendly dining experience in a hotel ever!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Evans Mills, New York
“BEST and most friendly dining experience in a hotel ever!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Miss Lisa greeted us immediately with a warm and friendly smile. She made us feel at home, checked on us and treated us like guests in her home. We loved her so much, we offered her a job ( we work in customer service)! She politely declined, stating she loves her job, and it shows. She worked the room continually, greeting and checking on customers. Luis made an EXCELLENT omelet for our breakfast! He was fast and professional, neat and clean. I hope that you are paying Lisa a good wage, otherwise, you run the risk of losing her to someone. She is a gem that is rarely found in the customer service business. We will be coming back, just to see her smiling face!

Room Tip: Ground floor for easy access and convenient location to lounge, breakfast and wifi.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Westfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My wife and I have to make frequent trips to Rochester. We have been staying at this hotel for the past few trips. The location is close to places to eat, shop, and the places we need to visit. The staff is outstanding. The people who check us in are friendly, the housekeeping staff are very nice too. I personally enjoy going down to breakfast. The staff goes out of their way. Lisa always remembers me and my wife, and Luis makes a great Omelet! They all help make our trips to Rochester less hectic. Thank you

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel provides hearing accessible rooms which was important to us. The room was nice and everything was almost clean. I did see a couple fingerprints on metal surfaces. I did find one stray hair in a towel. I did not complain because we didn't pick the room, a company we were interviewing for a job got us the room for free. Anyway the shower was nice and just right. The sheets however were scratchy and itchy. There was no comforter, just a thin blanket for winter. The heater in the room was fine. I'd say if the hotel owner replaces the sheets and comforters, I'd give it a 5 stars for comfort. Beside the room, the hotel staff was very friendly and warm. One lady in the cafeteria came up to ask our how the food was and if everything was OK and she attempted to sign to us. We in returned taught her several words in sign language. The chef that was there at breakfast was very friendly as well. I'd warn you that the "restaurant smell" will stick to your clothing for the rest of the day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear beharmony,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms nice and clean and staff friendly. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Welland, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here during a basketball tournament. The hotel is very clean and the team loved the pool. The complimentary breakfast was great. The staff, Lisa and Louis, went the extra mile for each and everyone of us. We were a big group and they worked incredibly hard to make everything perfect. A great big thank you to both of them for starting our days of in such a cheerful way. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Lisa and Louis made my day with both there efficiency and friendliness.Even to the point of a HO-HO-HO and a friendly hug on a cold -cold morning. Would highly recommend you stay to receive this warm welcome.
Drew Nosti CEF President Anodize USA. I travel the world

Room Tip: Lisa and Louis made my day with both there efficiency and friendliness.Even to the point of a HO-HO...
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My dining experience for breakfast was wonderful. I had a full day ahead of me and the wait staff and chef were fast, cheerful, and overall created a pleasant dining experience for all. I was particularly impressed with Luis (the chef) and his obvious love for his cooking and willingness to share that with me and the other customers. The food he prepared was excellent and he was a pleaseure to chat with while he prepared it. I was also impressed with Lisa on the wait staff - she made sure I was taken care of and her cheerful attitude was much appreciated. She also took to the time to make sure I had a safe place to put some fragile items I had for an important presentation. Overall, I can't say enough good things about the staff in the restaurant.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had a beautiful suite with a comfortable king sized bed, a sitting room with it's own TV/DVD, and a kitchen/dining area. The shower was also very roomy. Our daughter enjoyed sleeping on the pull out couch and having her own TV/DVD. There was a nice pool that we had all to ourselves. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was a highlight. There was a chef on hand to make custom omelets and begian waffles, as well as a variety of pastries and cereals. The staff, especially Lisa and Luis, was very attentive-asking questions about our trip, keeping coffee cups filled, even wrapping up our extra muffins to take with us sending us off with a to-go cup of coffee.
We had a wonderful stay and will definitely return in the future.