“Weekend stay for college athletic meet”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Owego, New York
“Weekend stay for college athletic meet”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Choose this hotel based on other stellar reviews. Normally choose HI Express but this one is refurbished and provides complimentary breakfast. Which, by the way, is served by most personable staff Lisa and cook Luis. Omelettes to order, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, juices, excellent coffee and more. Would definitely stay here again for RIT visits. Quiet clean rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main road, they accomodate.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Every employee I encountered during my stay at this hotel seemed to have only one goal in mind - to make sure all of my needs were met. The front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. Lisa and Luis ran the breakfast room like a well tuned sports car (and that's saying something since I live in Manhattan, where I'm used to speed) while managing to still make every guest feel special. Juan made me a fantastic omelet the morning I left, with a cheerful demeanor that wasn't too overbearing for my "non-morning person" self. The housekeeper did an outstanding job, even leaving me extra bottles of lotion for my heater dried skin. And Dan, John and Ron, the three shuttle drivers who got me efficiently from place to place despite incredibly snowy conditions, were exceptional! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

While the configuration of the hotel was strange, the hospitality was outstanding. Check in service- SUPER (I wish I could remember their names!), I can't say enough about Lisa and Luis at breakfast- they had me smiling as soon as I walked in ( I usually skip breakfast but I'm sure glad I made time for the BEST meal of my Saturday). Martin was great at check out- he was helpful, knowledgeable, professional and friendly. You certainly don't find this hospitality everywhere (but I wish you did!). AND, it's right next to Sticky Lips BBQ so I scored big points with booking this hotel. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New Hartford, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2014

When choosing a hotel for an overnight in Rochester with our two- and four-year-old, we were mainly looking for a place with a pool and a breakfast in the morning. What we found in the Holiday Inn far exceeded any of our expectations. Our room was clean and comfortable and the pool was well-maintained and inviting, but what outshone all of these amenities was the outstanding service we received from Miss Lisa and Luis in the morning. I have never written a hotel review before, but after leaving the hotel yesterday morning I knew that I needed to share our positive experience with others. When we arrived for breakfast, Miss Lisa greeted us with a warm and cheerful smile and before we knew it we were seated, with steaming cups of coffee and tea in front of us and our children grinning from ear to ear at this pleasant, kind woman with seemingly boundless energy who never stopped moving. Throughout our meal we watched in awe as she bustled around the dining room, not only clearing tables and seating guests but stopping frequently to make sure everyone had everything that they needed. At one point while walking back to our table with my hands full, I tripped over my own feet and almost fell. Within seconds she was at my side, making sure I was ok and helping me clean up the small mess I had made. She even checked back with me several times throughout the meal to make sure I was still ok (I was more embarrassed than anything!). While we ate, we savored our delicious omelets made by Luis ("famous omelets" is the phrase I believe we heard Lisa use to describe them, and she was right!) Throughout our entire meal I don't think there was ever a lull in the long line of people waiting for these made-to-order omelets, and that's a testament to how good they were. Finally, despite the fact that she was incredibly busy, Miss Lisa still took a moment to joke with our kids as we were leaving, making our son smile and our daughter giggle. That kind of personal attention is rare these days. In addition to a top-notch meal prepared by Luis, Miss Lisa's genuinely kind manner set such a pleasant atmosphere for a morning breakfast, making it truly a pleasure to dine at the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The front desk person Michelle is sooooo rude!! She should not be in customer service. I have stayed here before and never experienced service like this before. I would not be staying here again!! She handed us our keys while she talkingon the phone like we were not there. The first room she put us in had dirty white stuff on the cover (you use your imagination). I have stayed at many Holiday Inns as u am a club member but I see I need to re-evaluate that!! Stay somewhere else beware. Oh by the way still waiting to be moved.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ivy10547
Visions_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We sincerely apologize on your unsatisfactory stay. This is not normal for our employees to come off rude and neglecting you upon check-in. These young students/professionals are learning to multi-task and understand more training needed. It is high priority of all our hotel associates to give the best service as we can and go the extra mile and we did not accomplish that with you. Please come stay with us again and i am sure you will have a different experience. Thank you for taking time to let us know on where we can improve. Take Care.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I arrived and was greated by Michelle a very pleasant young lady and the tone was set. I stayed for 4 days and they threw in dinner! Kim was total awesomeness willing to help me with work documents and all through the day. Lisa was terrific in the morning :-) making sure you have what you need. Luis at the omlette station had my breakfast started right. Great ambiance these people really care about their jobs and ot shows. I will be back in town and you have a loyal customer. By the way the dinner was pretty awesome too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Waterford, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I travel about 200 days of every year and this hotel is well worth staying at. Not only is the pricing average but the rooms are far above average. The free cooked to order breakfast from Luis is exemplary and the service by Lisa makes you want to stay here every trip to Rochester instead of the many other nice hotels. And the woman who's name I forget who was just hired to oversee the new free dinners is truly a pleasure to have floating around the breakfast room making sure your food is ok. Everyone went out of their way to make sure my business associate Dave K. had a quiet place to work for 4 hrs while we were brought fresh cupcakes and coffee without ever asking for anything. Thanks and we will be back again and again.
Greg C.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk to be in a room far from the winter showplows if snow is in the forcast.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henrietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area
Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace? Share your experiences!