“"Beautiful hotel"”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Henrietta
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
“"Beautiful hotel"”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We have had the pleasure of traveling a lot this past year and this hotel ranks right at the top. The staff were effecient and attentive. Housekeeping did a good job also. Room was quite large and very clean. We had a refrigerator which worked quite well for us ( $10 a night extra). The pool looked very nice but we never made use of it. Location is fantastic. You could walk to a variety of shops and restaurants if you wanted to. The one negative that I would mention is that there was no breakfast included with the room and that is why I gave it 4 stars. The breakfast was $14.50 for adults and I think it was $7.00 for kids. If you're a family on a budget that can get pricey. It would also be nice if there were some towels racks in the bathroom in addition to the hook on the door. That said we would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Want to compliment Sue Ellen and Josh at the restaurant in the double tree hotel in henrietta. They were very intuitive and made my business travel very enjoyable. they provided me a quiet area in the restaurant and use of an extension cord to plug in my computer. I enjoy the doubletree for my overnights during business.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Gregory L, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Rochester, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
Lauren, thank you so much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey.

Our staff is always looking for the "little things" that they can do to make your stay exceptional.

I will be sure to share your comments with Sue Ellen, Josh, and the entire staff.

We look forward to your next trip to the Rochester area!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I had an awful week, my home was burglarized, then i totaled my car looking for my boyfriend who stole my entire life savings, i found him, he came back, and all along the stay, Whether it be helping me figure out how to use the internet, friendly moral support, artistic inspiration, or an overall comforting disposition, this kindhearted member of the the double tree team made my stay well worth it. Along with the good humor and help of Greg, ensuring the maintenance of a peaceful safe stay at your home home away from home, right down to Heather, the lovely waitress who succeeded in the hunt for a corkscrew to open my bottle of organic wine for my bf's birthday; at 7 am. They have a shuttle, a gym, a pool, complimentary cookies/water and beautiful decor creating an ambiance that will keep me coming for years to come. ^_^ thankyou.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michele h
Albany, NY
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We spent a night here on the way to Niagara Falls. Check in was quick and easy and the room was nice and clean. Love the cookies! The beds are doubles though, not Queen which was not comfortable for 2 adults with 2 kids. On top of the bed size, it sounded like drag racing down the street all night long, very little sound proofing and the hotel is at the intersection of 2 busy streets. We got no sleep. The kids slept fine. We chose a non atrium room thinking the atrium would be loud with the pool and being a large open space but maybe it would have been more quiet than an outside room.

We did enjoy the food at the restaurant/bar in the atrium which was the only food option and the kids enjoyed the pool which was nice for something to do to kill some time before bed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Gregory L, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Rochester, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Happy New Year!

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback on your visit. We are glad to hear you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed our warm cookies at check-in. We are sorry for the noise disturbance you encountered from local traffic and we will work with our facilities team to see what might be done to prevent this issue in the future. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and stay you deserve, should you return to the Rochester area.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Friend stayed for one night while visiting from out of town. Check-in was prompt and friendly. Room was ok except for slight odor - not sure what it exactly was. My friend did not feel safe in large dimly lit parking lot. Teens asked if we could get them a room and they would pay us cash - clearly to drink beer. Someone tried to crash the room door at 4:30 in the morning. No sign of security anywhere, decided not to raise either issue when checking out as by then too late. Would recommend staying elsewhere despite convenient location to the interstates

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveltime841
Gregory L, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Rochester, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you for posting your feedback and please extend our sincere apologies for any discomfort your friend experienced.

Please note that Hotel guests can call our CARE LINE at extension 51 for assistance any time of the day or night. Our staff is happy to provide escorts to the parking lot or your guest room upon request.

We ask that all guests inform us of any opportunity, as soon as possible, so our staff can do everything possible to make their stay exceptional.

Thank you for your time, safe travels!
Winchester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Great location. Looks great on the surface. Had a poor experience. Bedding is not cleaned every day. Internet access was terrible - Out for 12 hours. Pepsi machines are not filled with soda on each floor. Magnetic keys stopped working to access my room. This place is very disappointing.
Limitied free newspapers. Just an overall bad experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Gregory L, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Rochester, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Dear M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to our Hotel. Please note that our staff is anxious to hear from you while you are here, on site, to ensure that you have a great stay.

In an effort to conserve we do only change guest bedding every third day. You are always welcome to request your sheets be changed on a daily basis.

I am pleased to report that we now have AT&T wireless internet in the Hotel.

With AT&T our guests can now access the USA Today complimentary from their personal computers. We also have newspapers available at our front desk and in the restaurant.

Again, please feel free to communicate any opportunities that you may have and our staff will make every effort to make your stay exceptional.

Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 November 2012

This is a nice hotel, with updated rooms. I also enjoy the treatment of HHonors members, after many years of Hampton-Inn only hotels.And yes, I am sucker for a warm cookie.
The pros of this hotel: best location for anyone visiting the University of Rochester and RIT, updated rooms, extremely large parking lot (if you can't find parking something is wrong), location is near suburban-shopping/food and highways, on-location restaurant.

The normal hotel complaints: the rooms are a bit bright. The hotel is designed with the rooms having a rather large glass window facing the hallway on the lower levels, which I found to allow for additional light and sound. The restaurant is nice, however, there are not many health-oriented options for lunch or vegetarian. I'm certain the menu isn't all bad, but I am quite picky.

Overall, it is a very nice place that I am certain I will frequent.

Room Tip: If you have Hilton Honor status, be certain to let the desk know!